So What's Next?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

He plays like an animal.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Clowney is way better than Fowler

3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i'd pass on both Clowney and Fowler. as others have said the former will be too expensive and is inconsistent (not good at that price); the latter is a bit too one-dimensional, also inconsistent and expensive.

As a team, we're not at the stage yet where we chase these guys as the "missing piece" for the next step. We need a solid roster with depth. If we're lucky we'll draft someone explosive

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I’m a Clemson alum and that Robinson guy was incredible vs us for two years now. I hope the jets draft him in rd 3. Total stud.

6. CotcheryFan

Would be nice to find our stud edge rusher in the draft.

7. BLottZ

BLottZ Member

I would look to keep some cap space available for the inevitable cap casualties after the draft. Some damn good players will be released for sure.

Br4d, Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

this may be the better path. Chasing guys at their peak and paying top dollar is sucker's bet

what do you think of these guys?

9. CotcheryFan

I think both can become solid edge rushers in the NFL. IDK if they'll become studs. I'm 99% sure neither will pull a Polite. :)

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, if you want a "sure thing", first, there is no such thing, but you're going to pay through the ass to get something resembling that. I have reservations about Clowney, but if Douglas can find a way to get him while still being able to fill some other holes, it removes a big need from the draft board.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would prefer going with Fowler too, but however Douglas does it, I think he needs to fill that Edge/Pass Rusher spot with a stud and not have to do it in the draft.

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

2. Resign Robby because no good having an offensive line upgrade if Darnold has no weapons.
    2a Get an edge rusher
    2c. Sign a CB
    Then our draft is not so much desperation. They can go WR or draft a rookie RT and they should be the best available at those TWO positions. See how that works Mike Maccagnan?

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well Fowler isn't an option anymore so it looks like it's draft, overspend on Clowney, or bust...

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Clowney's been humbled. I still want no part of him. Let him stay in Seattle. He just doesn't have the production to match his ability. I'd rather have Fowler than Clowney, but I don't think Douglas would sign either.

I wholeheartedly agree regarding Van Roten or Wisniewski, and re-sign Anderson. I will be happy with Lamb or Jeudy at #11 (but not Ruggs) or Becton or Thomas, and maybe Wirfs.

I'd like to see Douglas sign another CB like Harris, Darby, Desmond Trufant (on a short-term reasonable deal), Logan Ryan (on a short-term reasonable deal), Ross Cockrell (should be a reasonable deal & short term), Mackensie Alexander, and/or re-sign Canady or Maulet. Maybe re-sign Jenkins if his price has come down. Alternatively, if there is a decent edge that has reasonable contract cost, then maybe a pickup there.

Just fill some more holes.

Noam likes this.
  15. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Get Van Roten or Wisniewski in here.

Robby A I can take or leave. Leaning towards keeping him

Build up that line. On top of signing either V Roten or Wisniewski I'd like to draft Andrew Thomas. But I wouldn't be upset with Jeudy or Lamb.

Sign Chris Harris

Draft Bradley Anae (Utah) in the 2nd round

KJ Hamler in round 3 maybe? If we draft Jeudy or Lamb then I'd go offensive tackle here. Matt Peart perhaps

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Fowler to Atlanta.

Happy we avoided that one. Cost was way too high for Joe D apparently

chandler likes this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Dream scenario: Robby's off-field behavior, gobbledygook twitter feed and pencil-shaped frame scares off suitors, and we get him back at a good price. Humbled and angry, he comes into camp totally committed to reaching his ceiling.

Maybe not as far-fetched as it sounds!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. Mac always preached meeting needs in free agency, but then would go out and get the BPA in free agency. Instead of Mosley, we should have grabbed a center last year. You cant do BPA in both free agency AND the draft and then leave the massive gaping holes at important positions. Despite this he was still a poor drafter anyway.

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Mac was in over his head as a GM. I'm still wondering how the Jets came up with him to replace Idzik. He was a 'longtime scout' with the Houston Texans. Big deal......he may contribute as a scout or a paper pusher in an NFL office such as negotiating trades, contracts, etc but he should NOT be in charge of an NFL draft for any team......

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. CotcheryFan

One of the consultants Woody hired to lead the HC/GM search after the 2014 season was Charley Casserly. Guess which organization he came from....

NCJetsfan likes this.