The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

who cares what he did with the browns.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Dolphins sign another ex-Pat, make more and more solid moves. We are without question the worst team in the division right now. If we can give Sam more than a competent C (I'm a fan of the McGovern signing) and maybe a weapon, he'll buy enough time and make enough plays to overcome Gase's dogshit playcalling and playbook. But right now we're far behind the curve.

jilozzo likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

thats like saying who cares what Gase did with two shit teams in MIA/NYJ. Agenda driven, well look at you lol.

It wasn't just the Browns. He was 5-11 during 1st year in N.E with Bledsoe and a stacked Parcells built defense.

Tom Brady saved Belly from a bum career loser of a HC (after 6 years) to a winning one. Bill didn't start winning until his 7th year you big genius.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hot Take: The Jets finish in 3rd place this year ahead of the Dolphins.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes tend to agree with this. we could be last place next year. have to reassess after draft.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're a hypocrite. You slander a young Gase after only 4 years but completely ignore how Bill was a career loser who two different teams after 6 years. Lol.

7. BroadwayAaron

This comparison is laughable and shouldn't be taken seriously, which is why no one is taking it seriously.

Jets69 likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He is setting himself up for disappointment.

As for Bellycheat, I can't believe people are dumb enough to pretend he hasn't any talent while in the possession of 6 rings, fucking stupidity at its finest right there.

Hate the bloke and the Pats, call them cheats and that is all well and good but not talented at his job is rather incredulous tbh.

Skicats, TonyFtLaud and BroadwayAaron like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Start with the Patriots: You guys are overvaluing 43 year old Tom Brady. He was not great last year, especially down the stretch. Lost to Fitzpatrick to end the season and lose the Bye Week. Then was flat out terrible against the Titans and ended his Pats career throwing a Pick 6. You could argue it would have been better for the Jets if Brady stayed in New England. They will likely upgrade the QB position, at the very worst: get the same production. The defense is still great. They will compete week in and week out. Go back to 2008: Brady tore his ACL and they finished (11-5) without him. Still, Brady left for a reason. He knew they were trending down instead of up.

The Dolphins were a solid team with the worst roster in the league last year. Now they are adding some nice pieces. Likely will draft a top QB. They will be tough. However, Ryan Fitzpatrick played really well. He likely won't repeat that. A rookie QB likely won't step in and play as well as Fitz did last year either.

The Bills have a great defense and a solid offense too and now have weapons for Josh Allen. I still don't think Allen is that great, but he moves around pretty well and seems solid. They could compete for the AFC East title. They also had things fall their way last season. I don't think they are that much better than the Jets.

Now the Jets: Improving the offensive line for Sam is a good start. Clearly they need Sam to stay healthy, Bell and Mosley to show their worth, add a WR, pass rusher and CB via draft of FA, continue to build the offensive line. I think they showed a lot of positives to finish the season (6-2) last season. Remember Herndon and Griffin will also return as weapons. Crowder was great. The defense was really good under Gregg Williams despite all the injuries. Imagine if Quinnen Williams takes the next step? A healthy Mosley leading an already solid D without him. Of course they need to sign or draft CB's like I said.

Overall, the thread title is right: The AFC East is wide open. Literally all 4 teams had a legitimate chance. I personally value Sam Darnold ahead of the other QB's. That could give the Jets an edge. They need to protect him though.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

People just love to shit on DWCs posts but agains he’s 100% right. The division is wide open.

The Pats may not be finished just yet but you certainly can’t put them atop the division in permanent marker like you could for the last 20 years.

The Bills are probably in the drivers seat to overtake them as of right this moment but that is certainly no guarantee.

The Jets roster is a work in progress but they have a QB with the most potential in the division so can’t be counted out if he can get help and reach his potential.

Dolphins are also a work in progress but have a ton of draft capital and salary cap room to improve quickly.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tom Brady in a pass first offense only threw 8 INTs last year compared to guys like Winston who tossed 30+.

Brady was a huge reason why NE had a very good defense. He kept the chains moving. Put points on the board. Left his defenses with great field position due to protecting the football and having his defenses play with the lead. Without Brady their defense will fall off a cliff too.

7 years without Brady leading his teams.
    2 winning seasons.
    5 losing seasons.
    1-1 playoff record.
    6 years of no playoff appearances.

Division is wide open for the first time in 20 years. Brady is the MJ of the QB position and can not be replaced.

Jets haven't replaced Namath.
    Dolphins still haven't replaced Marino.
    Bills still haven't replaced Jim Kelly.

If you think Patriots can replace Tom Brady over night you're mistaken lol.

12. BroadwayAaron

Why are you ignoring that the Pats went 11-5 without Brady for a whole season and then 4-0 without him when he was suspended? It's almost like they have a fantastic system in place that's super balanced and can adjust to anyone that's playing QB for them. I'm not going to pretend that a guy like Dalton is going to replicate Brady's success, but I could easily see them trading for him and winning the division again because they have a very good roster and one of the best coaches of all time.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So you also think Belichick is a nothing coach and was only made by Brady?

This is the bit that seems to be getting shit on but you say he 100% right.

He is insinuating that the man who has 6 rings hasn't got much talent, that is outlandish even if you put on 10 pairs of green specs.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm not ignoring the fact he went 11-5 without Brady after going 16-0 the year before with Brady.

As I stated he's coached 7 seasons without Brady (5 with CLE and 2 with N.E) and during those 7 years (112 games) he's had only 2 winning seasons/5 losing seasons and a 1-1 playoff record after 7 years without Brady.

The Patriots are done just as the Dolphins/Bills were done once they lost Marino/Kelly.

15. BroadwayAaron

I still can't figure out how the Browns are relevant here considering he's not going to be coaching the Browns roster and he'll be coaching the roster he assembled.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Pats will find out what life is like when you have a QB that makes mistakes

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think they need to stick with that Jarrett Stidham guy. I like him! :)

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ding. Ding. Ding. Winner. Winner. Winner.

Lets see how good their defense really is once their QB who throws closer to 20+ INT's rather than only 8 INT's with leaving them with bad field position. Brady has always been great at picking up 1st downs, keeping the chains moving, putting points on the board, having his defense(s) play with the lead and for the most part mistake free football while protecting the ball without crazy turnovers.

Billsfan1212 likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The 9 is right next to the 8 on my keyboard

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Patrick Mahomes is looking more and more like the greatest qb ive ever seen..