So What's Next?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 17, 2020.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’m expecting us to pick up a second/third tier OLB late in FA (not Clowney or Fowler), a reclamation scrap-heap project (e.g. Floyd released by the Bears) and draft Jeudy at #11

Poole re-signs. Robbie walks.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’d like to see us grab another guard, an edge and cb(s). This way we have flexibility first three rounds

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if you had Clowney and Adams on the same defense, that’s a defense with two big time playmakers.

That’s rare and it helps cover up for other areas where you may be weak(corner). Maybe your corner gets beat for a 20 yard pass, but it doesn’t matter cause 2 plays later Clowney forces a fumble or Adams deflects a pass that gets picked off.

that’s how the Ravens rolled for an entire decade. Suggs and Ed Reed, two playmakers, weak corners didn’t matter.

Where did our GM come from ??? Hmm

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup, which is why I think Douglas will make a move on Clowney.

We need an edge rusher, that's a fact. And while I would love to grab one in the draft, we have so many other needs, I would rather use our picks on Offensive Line, Corner, and WR. We need a guy that can come in and make in impact immediately.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Marcellus gonna call a coupla hard, pipe hittin niggas go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

FJF and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Clowney hasn't been a big time playmaker as a pro. He's not a guy you can pencil in for this, that each and every year.

He's been a underachiever and injured quite often. Which is why there is risk involved.

Still the Jets haven't had a true pass rusher seems like forever now, they don't grow on trees, he's still young enough that his best football could be ahead of him if he could stay healthy and Gregg Williams can harness his talents so for the Jets the risk could be worth it.

He's no sure thing. No guarantees. Depends on price then again with the kind of money teams are giving mediocre players what is stupid money nowadays anyway?

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to open up to the idea of bringing in Clowney. I just don't like that 20/year that has been floated around by some media pundits.

8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Give me Fowler, Poole (or if need be Alexander), and Robby (or Perriman if need be).

how much more do we have to spend?

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

IMO.....poole should be signed. Perriman may want to stay in Tampa now. i offer anderson 9 mill with incentives to 11 mill.

draft the tackle in round 1.....

try to get 2 picks in round 2 somehow and address WR, OLB and CB - not necessarily in that order.

more OL in round 3 - preferably a guard.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

We just gave a no name jag Fant $10M and the most Robby can get is $11M from us? I call horse shit.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fant agreed to a contract with an out after 1 year. If Robby Anderson would agree to that, I'm sure the Jets would love to have him back

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

With Marcus Maye in the back end, Moseley roaming the middle, Jamal Adams in the box, and Quinnen up the middle, we really don't need to drop $20M/yr on Clowney. Bring back Jordan Jenkins (8 sacks 2019) for 8-10, then bring in a good $10m/yr DB.

13. jilozzo

i value my potentially starting tackle more than a #2 WR and i can draft a WR this year because the draft is well stacked with talent.

realize RA is not viewed as a #2 on the jets but lets face it - on many teams he is a #2.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Spending money on Clowney makes no sense. Spend on a guy like Fowler maybe. It's easy to forget the rash of injuries we suffered on defense last year. We have the talent already. No need to break big bucks on a guy like Clowney when there are other more glaring needs to fill and the draft upcoming.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. jilozzo

Don't forget folks the economy is on the verge of major shrinkage for the next few months so the contract offers should dry up over the next few days.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

People who sit here and say that Clowney wasn't productive last year are liars. They didn't even watch Seattle games during the regular season. They just look at box score sacks numbers. Clowney was a terror last year and did what was asked of him as a battering ram.

His career highlights are sick and exciting too

If only Vernon Gholston or heck even Jordan Jenkins had his athletic ability and/or these types of highlights and game changing plays etc we'd have ourselves an elite talent @ OLB for the 1st time since John Abraham.

Put Clowney on this defense with Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley and Quinnen Williams etc with GREGG WILLIAMS firing the shots lol that'll be exciting and so much FUN for fans to see. Clowney is awesome.

17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

While Clowney is no Trumaine Jonhson, I wonder how much a 30 year old, former number 1 pick, om his 3rd team will be motivated? I don't know if I am in on this guy. Something has always seemed a bit off with him. If you sign him, DONT overpay. Rather go after Fowler Jr.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

It's going to be Vin Curry as Douglas has familiarity with him and he is a Jersey kid.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Clowney is going to get $15-$20 million per year from someone. I pray it isn’t us. Fowler is younger, cheaper and probably the way better value play.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member