The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Like it hasn't been for the past 20 years. Remember 1998? That was right before the Brady era began. 2020 and beyond? No more Tom Brady just like there hasn't been a Kelly or Marino killing us since they've retired.

You can no longer look @ our schedule and give us 2x automatic loses unless fluke luck happens.

6-2 or 7-1 should be realistic for us within the division moving forward. Sorry but I'm not scared of the Bills or Dolphins. And no longer scared of N.E without Tom Brady.

AFC East is wide open now. It's open like no other in my opinion.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't underestimate Bill Bellichick. Yes Brad was an exceptional talent but he wouldn't be as successful if he didn't have hoodie by his side.

sackexchange, Vida and AJW like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't know about that Brook.

Bill Belichick as head coach.

1991: 6-10. Cleveland. Losing season.
    1992: 7-9. Cleveland. Losing season.
    1993: 7-9. Cleveland. Losing season.
    1994: 11-5. Cleveland. Finally, a winning season for the fraud.
    1995: 5-11. Cleveland. One step forward, then took 3-4 steps back the following season. Another losing season.

He then took 4 years off as a head coach after a career losing record of 36-44 (after 80 games). Below .500 by 8 games. 4 losing seasons of no playoffs compared to only 1 winning season of a playoff elimination.

2000: 5-11. N.E. Losing season, yet again. Started off, where he left off... Losing.

And THEN 2001 happened. Tom Brady happened.Tom Brady was born and would have been a great quarterback regardless of which defensive mastermind was on his sidelines.

And in 2008 (without Brady) he did go 11-5 and missed the playoffs after going 16-0 and a SB appearance (with Brady) just the year before. A 5 game dip in just one short 16 game season ala "BRADY'S LIFE MATTERS".

He's (in those 7 seasons combined, without Brady) 52-60 (8 games below .500) with a 1-1 playoff record. 2 winning seasons/5 losing seasons (without Brady).

Belichick looks very suspect without Tom Brady and without Brady he's never won jack squat. His 7 year coaching career without Brady is very similar to Gase's coaching career lol

#3 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    tomdeb likes this.
  4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. Belichick has won nothing without Brady.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tom, neither has Gase

Jets69 likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Don't you already have a thread like this in the NFL forum?

MaximusD163, Ralebird and Jets69 like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Let's see the Jets win the division.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Dolphins free agency has been trash and we haven't improved yet. The Pats could put JaMarcus Russell under center and still be certain of finishing at least 2nd.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope. That thread is about the Pats being done. Created months ago.

This is about the division being wide open for Darnold/Adams and our JETS for the first time in over 20 years.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say it’s wide open and even if it is, we have the worst roster and head coach in the division. Hard to get too pumped.

11. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Unfortunately with Gase as our HC we will be behind the other 3 teams no matter what. CJ has hamstrung us with the worst coach we have had since Kotite

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Finally Tom Brady is gone...He is a Buccaneer according to Shefter!!20 years of misery

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me being down here in St. Petersburg, Florida, I love it. I can now both enjoy and witness the end of Tom Brady first hand up close and personal. I want to go to TB's training camp open to fans for the first time ever just heckle him about asterisks and can he win real SBs in TB without his cheating head coach idc if they throw me out lol he's going to fail and get destroyed behind Tampa's offensive line only because he's old and TBs O-Line sucks is what I'm hoping to see happen and would love to see Bill become a fraud without Brady and fail ala 52-60 career losing record without Tom Brady after 7 years combined and only a 1-1 playoff record with only 2 winning seasons compared to 5 losing seasons without #12!!

I can't lie. I dislike Belichick (the real cheater and grumpy miserable man) more than Brady (the greatest QB I've ever seen) but I fear Brady more than Belichick one on one. Just as a Knicks fan I feared Jordan more than Phil Jackson throughout my childhood. Coaches coach from the sideline but players have to play the game and Brady plays the game beautifully once the ball is hiked. Good luck to Bill Belichick finding his next Kobe Bryant after Jordan because it's not happening for Belly he'll never replace Brady and without Brady he'll look how he looked with Vinny T.

I'd love nothing more than to see them both ride off on a losing horse than the white one with picket fences lolahhhh #Brady&BellyDivorced2020

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Possibly. Time will tell.

15. WarriorRB28

Is Tom Brady the only QB in NFL history to never get swept by a division rival?

The guy was there 18 years no AFC East team swept the season series against New England during that stretch of time.

It wouldn't surprise me if he is it also wouldn't surprise me if that streak ends in 2020.

16. WarriorRB28

Watch them sign Cam or/and Winston or Dalton.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we are still clearly the shittiest team in the division talent-wise.

We need some immediate contributions from draft picks for a change.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who cares.

•Brady 6x SB winner.

•Winston/Dalton/Cam 0 SB Wins combined.

I'm an FSU fan and I'm sorry but Winston isn't 10% the leader both on and off the field that a real field general and living legend in Tom Brady is.

Years of 14/15/18/30 INT seasons. Great arm. Puts up big time numbers. Played behind crap offensive lines but he's turnover prone and like Mark Sanchez was he's now heading into his 6th year and still makes natural rookie mistakes and is a head scratching decision maker. He'll drive Bill Belichick crazy. He's also an Alabama kid who played both college and NFL ball in beautiful Florida. Put him in the cold and snow ugly environments rather than Sunshine & Domes @ NE, Buffalo, NYJ, Pittsburgh etc and Winston will struggle.

Cam Newton? 2 games played last year. 30 years old. Has taken a beating and punishment since coming into this league due to his aggressive style of play. Never been a great pocket passer, less than 60% career completion percentage and another one who would drive a perfectionist in Belichick nuts with his style of play.

And Andy Dalton? Vs. Tom Brady? Please and thank you Lord. 4 consecutive losing seasons in Cincinnati. I don't even think he's on a level of Carson Palmer but he is no Brady not many are.

Nanath.
    Marino.
    Kelly.
    Brady.

Legends @ QB are hard to replace. Just ask NYJ, Miami and Buffalo.

Montana to Young and Favre to Rodger handoffs are super rare.

Better chance NE becomes the next NYJ/MIA/BUF in search of a Franchise QB than the 49ers/Packers who didn't miss a beat.

NE is done, as we once knew them.

#18 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  19. WarriorRB28

There's no way that Cam Newton is anywhere near 39 years old I find that hard to believe.

As much as I want to believe NE will go away now that Brady isn't there I don't feel that happening.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

7 Divisional Wins!? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!

All Gas No Shake likes this.