Schefter reporting Brady says he's going elsewhere(Bucs it is)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Donttasemebro, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Chargers, Bucs or Raiders.

2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

you may be right. One thing though Bill will want a guy who sees the whole field and spreads the ball around; also guy will need to make very quick decisions. Bill will sacrifice arm strength, speed etc for a QB with brains and leadership (two biggest traits he values)

3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I can see the 49ers taking him for a year, they have a stacked roster from top to bottom and Brady gives them a better chance at the Super Bowl than Garoppolo does. I don't know exactly how they would stay under the cap, but I'm pretty sure they could manage that somehow.
    It would also be quite funny to see Garoppolo again back-upping Brady

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is familiar with his play :)

Ptflea2 likes this.
  5. chandler

Do the Bills have cap space? Brady has worked well with cuckoo bird receivers before (moss) just as long as they produce. Would be very Brady like to want to play against Bill twice a year

I am also expecting it to be a surprise

Noam likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Brady to the Chargers at +160 right now. Just a thought. Two good receivers (Keenan Allen is very Edelman-like). He's from California and I'm sure Giselle would love to go back.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Difference is the 49ers had a HOF QB to take Montana’s place. Yes, if NE lucks into a HOF replacement for Brady watch out. Absent of that, they are likely on the trajectory of every other team that loses their HOF QB and don’t comparably replace him.

Biggs and Red Menace like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They just purchased a home in Greenwich CT, not saying he won’t go to the west coast but what team in the east coast is a QB away from the SB?

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Chargers fell off last year because Rivers simply wasn’t good, but the year before were one of the best in the league. The opinion of the Chargers is dependent on whether last season indicates a downward trend that will continue or if it was a one year set back that can be rectified starting with improved QB play?

10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Niners had Steve Young though. He had already proven himself to be a starter quality QB during Montana's years with the Niners. Then, Montana was out for almost 2 straight seasons, Young led the team to a 14-2 record and won league MVP in 1992. From what I remember, there weren't too many alarm bells going off or people declaring the demise of the 49ers after that. People were pretty confident in Young, but it was acknowledged that he did have big shoes to fill and would have to win a Super Bowl to prove himself.

The Patriots traded away their Steve Young to, coincidentally, the Niners. However, my guess is that there's a plan in place with the Patriots organization. I don't think Brady is leaving them high and dry. Belechick either has his diamond in the rough, late round Brady 2.0 on the roster already. Or he's going to go after another good quality vet like Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater, or Nick Foles. Or he has his eye on a specific QB in the draft this year (and it's probably a mid-round guy that not too many people are talking about).

As for Brady, I have no idea where he's going now. Nowhere in the AFC East, obviously. A lot of people are saying the Chargers, Raiders, Browns, Redskins, or Bengals, but I doubt that Brady wants to go to a team that's spinning its wheels. He's too competitive; he's not a fixer/redeemer type. He wants to use the team as a vehicle for him to succeed. He's going to want a team that has just about all the pieces in place and just needs a QB. Colts, maybe? Reich is a good coach, they have some weapons, and I don't think Brissett is going to be their guy long term. They're in a position to win immediately. I also don't know if Big Ben is coming back to the Steelers, they desperately need a QB, and so I wonder if they will reach out. Bears maybe? They're decent, but Trubisky sucks. I think the Panthers or Buccaneers might be options as well. Possibly the Broncos too, but it seems like they like Drew Lock, so I doubt that.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

12. Red Menace

Jarret Stidham is a good young QB, he will be developed by Bill by relying heavily on the run game and short passes.

It took Brady time to get to where he is and he was a game manager early on in his career.

Bellichick is the mastermind behind that offense and is a good teacher.

NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I bet Belichick will roll with Stidham. He's not some nobody, just needs a coaching staff who can develop him and who better than NE's?

stinkyB likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

fuck Kraft. Brady took a discount for that organization for years. That's an unnecessary douchebag move by Kraft.

Tampa is reportedly offering $30 mill. NE isn't. so they only wanted him back on a discount.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Spot on. Guy is a fucking scumbag for trying to smear Bradys name for not wanting to stay.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

Belichick ain't no God. He can't turn shit into winners. Brady struggled in that same offense just last year. They have poor weapons. they will decline next year for sure

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Appreciate your insight, but Bellichick's record with and without Brady starting is markedly different. Bellichick did squat coaching the Browns for 5 years. His first year at NE he was 6-10, the second year he was 0-2 until Lewis KO'd Bledsoe. Brady stepped in and the Pats won the Super Bowl. In 2008 Brady got hurt on opening day and the Pats did not make the playoffs. I do NOT think the Patriots will be the same team without Brady.

18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Not sure how to feel... In a way I wanted them to stay together until we could crush them ourselves but since we live in the dimension where Gase is our coach guess it's for the best he left.

I see Bill going for a super athletic, read option guy now.

19. chandler

true but they went 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs

they will still win a lot of games without Brady IMO (obviously would prefer otherwise) but i think they'll struggle against the elite teams and will miss Brady's magic in the clutch and leadership

20. Red Menace

Brady threw for 4000 plus yards and 24 tds, those are his yearly career numbers. They were a top ten offense in points.

The blueprint is in place for them, good offensive line, good defense, until I see the decline for myself I’m not going to count them out.