Schefter reporting Brady says he's going elsewhere(Bucs it is)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Donttasemebro, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Brady and New England came to terms yesterday, but then Fant signed with the Jets and the deal fell apart. Brady wants to go where he has a chance to win his division.

2. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

I think he wants to go home (Cali) and Giselle probably loves the allure of LA too...my best guess would be Chargers. They get to LA where they can be more active in the Hollywood scene, Brady can start to line up his post football career and the Chargers NEED him to get that franchise back on track. It's a win for everyone. He's going to LA

NCJetsfan, Fiftynine and Brook! like this.
  3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It’s got to be the Chargers. They have a very good defense, and a bunch of weapons. Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, Austin Ekeler, Hunter Henry... Their line wasn’t the best this year but they’ve already added the guard from the Panthers, and can draft a tackle high. They can also add a WR with their high second round pick. Brady’s in LA about as much as he’s in Massachusetts already.

Brook! likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Chargers are a second rate organization. Why would Brady want to step into Rivers shadow there?

I don't like Tampa Bay for him either.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

so where does NE go for Quarterbacking?

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Many reasons. He is from California and his wife has all of her family and business in California. They are in LA quite often from what I've read.

The main draw to Florida over California is the state income taxes and property taxes. There is no income tax in Florida and California has a 14.5% effective rate. Not to mention property taxes are nearly triple what Florida has.

7. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Cam Newton, if healthy.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I understand.

But does he want to WIN? Is WINNING his #1 priority?

The Chargers have become a second rate organization and they play in the same division as Mahomes and the Chiefs. That HC is horrible too IMO.

He must choose wisely. If he picks wrong goes to get his @ss kicked while the Pats keep on rolling with their new QBs people will be saying ...

9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we'll find out if Brady was a creation of Belichick's coaching/system, or whether Brady made Belichick. Since there don't seem to be any sure-fire, win-now destinations for Brady, this may turn out to be like Namath going to the Rams and Unitas to the Chargers. Equally interesting will be whom Belichick chooses to replace Brady.

This break-up was inevitable because these are two egocentric guys. Belichick undoubtedly hated hearing people say Brady made him. Remember that Belichick used to get pissed in the pre-New England days when people said Belichick was good only when he worked under Parcells? Brady was probably equally frosted when people said Belichick made him.

#29 Since1969, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

There are quite a few options for NE’s QB. They could like Stidham, they could go for Teddy B (my guess) they could trade for Foles, they could draft a guy. They could trade for someone not on that list.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Teddy

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This just makes it even more annoying that we’re actively ruining the best, youngest QB in the division.

13. BrowningNagle

oh no I hope not. I always liked Bridgewater, I don't wanna have to hate him

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

we won't find that out. Brady is like 43 years old or something, he's got like 1 year tops. Anything can happen in a year. Same with Belichick, dude is like 70 now. He's not starting a new project to prove he could win without Brady, he's just getting paid for another year or two.

if Brady left 10 years ago or something, yeah, we would've found out. I know this will be the narrative all year long, but its going to be very annoying. Brady starts 3-2, Pats 2-4, that's not gonna tell us anything. Then maybe Brady loses last 3 games and misses the playoffs at 8-8 before retiring. Maybe the Pats sneak in at 9-7 because of their defense. "OH look, Brady was just a system QB." Ughh ESPN is gonna be insufferable

Brook! and NYJalltheway like this.
  15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

brilliant move on Brady's part if he was intent on leaving. I have to imagine some teams had doubts whether he would leave. I am sure he has sizeable offers at the moment but a bidding war will commence. He brings tons of intangibles to promote winning. No one person IMO can change a culture, but he gets as close to that as anyone and is tons better than most

i live in Boston (where i get tons of shit being a Jets and Knicks fan). Oddly enough some of my friends are glad to see this move because they are curious whether Bill will continue to win (as they did when Brady went down) or whether Brady will

i can imagine any team benefitting from his addition

as a jets fan i am glad to see him out of the division, though with Belicheck, as the ancient Chinese proverb goes, be careful what you wish for

he will go where he thinks they'll win. he's not chasing last dollar

16. chandler

Belichek isn't going anywhere soon. He takes care of himself and is absolutely addicted to his craft

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What about the kid from Auburn they drafted?

18. chandler

i think they like Stidham. Can he or anyone else repeat Brady's magic in the clutch???

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thinking Tampa is his spot.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm guessing they go after Teddy or Dalton as reported.