The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at that age, ability can disappear overnight. I'd feel much better with Beacham, Vaitai than Peters.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude you were also the guy celebrating like we just won the Super Bowl when we signed Bell last year. Take it easy. Maybe the professional football general manager has this under control.

Just because 8 of the top 100 free agents have been signed doesn't mean this is over.

3. NCJetsfan

Yes, the sky is falling, the sky is falling! Doomsday is upon us! Woe is me!

Brook! likes this.
  4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

There are still options out there, and it’s just so early to be upset. It’s more than just money per year, it’s contract structure, length... Who’s to say if this day went well or not yet.

Truth be told, the Jets are not contending this season. Why act like they are for 1 day out of the year? There are still players available in numerous different ways.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Dodged one bullet.

FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bradberry to Gmen.

3 year 45. 32 gtd

Thank god.

7. NCJetsfan

I'm disappointed that we didn't sign Glasgow, but I'm not panicking. We don't know the details of Douglas' plan, of whom the Jets plan to keep, and who they really wanted. Douglas could have feigned interest in some of the big name FAs in order to get other teams to bite and overpay. It appears that he is following the Ozzie Newsome approach to FA...looking to sign underrated, undervalued FAs who can outperform their contract.

Let's see where things are by the end of FA. If Douglas hasn't added 2-3 quality OL and some other FAs to fill holes, then I'll be concerned, but I'll still wait and see how he does in the draft, and how the team plays this year, before making a determination.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So after reading this thread one page after another, miles behind on timing, expectant that we would actually have signed somebody, words can't express my massive disappointment after 13 fucking pages to find we signed nobody.

Going to bed.

9. dawinner127

I would MUCH rather this than Fowler or Clowney

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

TBH, I'm not sure. I'm positive there will be at least one rookie and one returning FA. I'm willing to wait and see what Douglas does before panicking.

11. dawinner127

yes thank god we dodged a bullet with both CBs. No way i wanted to give this guy 18

VegasMav and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm more certain than before that we'll take a CB or Edge in the middle rounds.

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

In the past few years, FA's have wanted more to come here and no wonder. It's been a front-office circus, and no playoffs.

Good chance Joe D is now telling agents those days are over. We're not overpaying anymore.

And so we're striking out, but I can't say I blame Joe D for taking this stance. Let's see what he can make happen by standing his ground.

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Pass rush is very important, and I’m good with multiple signings. I would rather have guys who have 6-8 sacks and get paid like it then guys who get paid for their 1st round pick status as well. Trent Williams could still be traded for, among others.

15. NCJetsfan

I'm sure that Douglas has figured out what the Jets can afford to pay and what he is willing to pay in FA. As long as he improves the team and fills some holes, I applaud his approach. Some of the players might not have wanted to play for Gase or may not have wanted to play in NJ. Maybe they wanted to play closer to home, or had connections with the HC, GM, or players on the teams they signed with. All kinds of things factor into players' decisions about where they want to play.

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I feel like everyone was saying we were gonna sign Thurney, Conklin, etc like we were the only team that needed OL help and could just pick whoever we wanted.. as you can see NOT QUITE

17. dawinner127

I want van Noy and Chris harris

18. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Two big whiffs for the Jets with Conklin and Thuney. We sat tight during the Idzik malaise too. It didn't work. You need offensive line help. Get off your ass and get us a player Douglas

19. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

No doubt we will bake him cupcakes and he will crawl home to New England

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Trent Williams will be 32 when the season starts, hasn't played in over a year, and wants $20 million a year. That would be an AWFUL decision on Douglas' part.

JetsNation06 and NYJalltheway like this.