Mock Drafts (Please post all mock drafts here)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It wasn't just Becton though. It was how many wr and ol made it out of round 1. Also a few edge maybe left afterwards. I don't see many good corners in this draft and the good ones will be gone early. Edge may have a diamond in the rough. But I think o line and wr must be addressed. Also a good late round rb. I think we are 2 years off so corner and edge can wait a year.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If they resigned beachum and added Conklin I would think they still take a tackle if available at 11. Beachum isn’t part of the future and left tackles are so hard to find . Won’t be popular here but JD shouldn’t be looking at the draft for this year, have to take a long view.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Huh? What WRs and OL made it out of the 1st round? I can't believe that Lamb would fall to #21, but Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Jefferson, Ruggs III all are taken in the 1st. I haven't seen any other WRs projected to go in the 1st round. The same thing pretty much goes for OL - Wills Jr., Becton, Wirfs, Thomas, and Jones all go in the 1st round. Even Cesar Ruiz goes in the 1st round, and I haven't seen him projected to go there. The only OT that I can think of that I have seen projected to go in the 1st round that doesn't in that mock is Austin Jackson. I haven't seen Biadasz or Cushenberry projected as 1st rounders, and have seen no OGs projected as 1st rounders. What am I missing?

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I agree with taking a tackle at 11, but i wouldn’t one if they weren’t one of the big 4. There’s better value at 11 than reaching a full round early for a guy like Jackson or Wanogho.

My personal rankings would be: Thomas, Wills, Becton, Jeudy, Lamb, then Wirfs. If all those guys are gone, the Jets might be walking away from day 1 with Okudah, which is one helluva consolation prize.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

I was hoping Wanogho would fall to the first 3rd round pick we have, but he didn’t.

J-Raw24 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Alt + Print Screen does the same on Windows. It takes a snapshot of the whole screen as it is displayed, including any dodgy sites you might be visiting and have on in the background - you have been warned! If you use the paste command you can transfer it to Word or any graphic package where you can then crop it down to the just have the bit of the screenshot you want.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I didn't see Jefferson to GB. My bad on that. Biadasz was round 1 in most drafts until last week and is slowly moving down. I think the issue is he isn't good 1v1 but he may work well in a zone blocking scheme. He may also rise again at combine etc. Jackson has also consistently been round 1. I have seen him fall a little but now he is being pushed out like Biadasz. Trey Adam's now maybe easily available in the 4th. His biggest knock is injury. From what I understand and have seen he has potential to be a very solid tackle he just can't stay healthy. That's said he could work his way past that in a good situation with a good training staff. It's a gamble.

9. NCJetsfan

Thanks! LOL

10. NCJetsfan

https://thejetpress.com/2020/02/03/new-york-jets-matt-miller-7-round-mock-draft-pre-nfl-combine/

On Monday Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller dropped his first full seven-round mock draft. This mock draft featured 255 picks (including projected compensatory selections) for each of the 32 NFL franchises.

Here are the full results of the New York Jets’ picks made by Matt Miller and a full report card on how he did. We based our grading system on team need, value, and who he selected considering the options that were still on the table.

First-round
    ANDREW THOMAS
    OT Georgia
    [​IMG]

“New general manager Joe Douglas knows he has to build an offensive line that can protect Sam Darnold. That’s why he was hired.

The best news for the Jets has been the rise of Mekhi Becton; which in turn will push down other talented offensive linemen. That’s the case with Georgia’s Andrew Thomas, who for much of the season was believed to be the top tackle in the class.

Thomas played left tackle for the Bulldogs and knows the drill. He’s coming from a pro-style offense and has experience against top-tier pass-rushers in the SEC. Thomas is ready to step in and protect Darnold.

With two picks in Round 3, the Jets can address needs at cornerback, edge-rusher and wide receiver. Thomas has to be the guy if he’s on the board at No. 11.” – Matt Miller of Bleacher Report

Without a doubt, we have to give Matt Miller a fat juicy A+ for his mocked selection of offensive tackle Andrew Thomas to the New York Jets. With this pick, the Jets have filled arguably their greatest need (left tackle) for the next decade-plus.

The other three offensive tackles went in the top-10: Jedrick Wills Jr (4th overall to the New York Giants), Mekhi Becton (8th overall to the Arizona Cardinals), and Tristan Wirfs (10th overall to the Cleveland Browns).

So in this specific simulation, the Jets luck out by landing arguably the top offensive tackle on the board (depending on who you ask). Protecting Sam Darnold has to be priority No. 1 for Joe Douglas and in the first round, he accomplishes that.

Top options still on the board:
    • Jerry Jeudy, wide receiver, Alabama
    • CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Oklahoma
    • K’Lavon Chaisson, edge, LSU

Second round
    BRADLEE ANAE
    EDGE Utah
    [​IMG]

Bradlee Anae has been a popular mock draft selection to the New York Jets in recent weeks. Anae had a wonderful career with Utah in the PAC-12 registering 29.5 sacks in four years. Although his most recent buzz is due to a Senior Bowl sack party where he secured three sacks and showed a colorful array of pass-rushing moves that’ll make NFL teams drool on draft day.

This is another solid A- grade for Matt Miller, with the first two selections he fixed both sides of the trenches with two rock-solid guys.

• Tyler Biadasz, center, Wisconsin
    • Michael Pittman Jr., wide receiver, USC
    • Jonathan Taylor, running back, Wisconsin
    Third round
    BRYAN EDWARDS
    WR South Carolina
    [​IMG]

Thanks to the Leonard Williams trade in 2019, the Jets secured a top-70 selection from the New York Giants. With that selection, the Jets continue to improve the offense around Sam Darnold.

When you look at Bryan Edwards’ collegiate production at South Carolina, it’s pretty pedestrian: he’s never had a 1,000-yard receiving campaign.

Although what Bryan does bring to the table is size (6-foot-3, 215 pounds). With those tools he’s considered a red-zone weapon, but there are concerns about his ability to separate. Edwards doesn’t have a fully developed route tree and lacks agility.

Because the wide receiver depth is so good in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jets can snag a guy like Bryan Edwards in the third round. This is a B- selection because the Jets still need a No. 1 wide receiver and it’s less than certain that Edwards can be that.

• Bryce Hall, cornerback, Virginia
    • Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan
    • Lucas Niang, offensive tackle, TCU
    CAM AKERS
    RB FSU
    [​IMG]

Cam Akers is a thick dude at 5-foot-11, 212 pounds. Has all the talent in the world coming out of Florida State and on top of his rushing prowess he has really developed as a pass-catcher out of the backfield.

During his three years with the Seminoles, he often was forced to make chicken salad out of chicken s***. The FSU offensive line was quite frankly piss poor for much of his collegiate tenure which explains some of the inconsistent production.

Cam Akers has the frame to be a three-down running back in the pros and his explosion will serve him well in the NFL. This is a worthwhile gamble for the Jets in the third round.

Love the pick, there were other running backs available earlier in the draft that would’ve tempted me, but really love the value of Cam Akers here with the 2nd of two third-round picks. A- on this selection of Cam Akers.

• Van Jefferson, wide receiver, Florida
    • Matt Hennessy, interior offensive lineman, Temple
    • Matt Peart, offensive tackle, UConn

Fourth round
    NICK HARRIS
    IOL Washington
    [​IMG]

For the second time in this draft, the New York Jets go to the trenches. On top of the team’s need at offensive tackle, they desperately need help on the interior.

Nick Harris out of Washington has versatility (can play both guard and center), but he’s a smaller guy at (6-foot-1, 293 pounds). On one hand, that’ll help him in pulling situations getting to the next level of the defense, but on the other hand that will make him susceptible to bigger dudes in the trenches trying to take his lunch money.

With Ryan Kalil set for free agency, Kelechi Osemele already cut, and possibly Brian Winters gone as a cap casualty, the Jets need to improve the trenches on the inside and out. Harris does have superb athleticism and smarts that perhaps can make up for the gap in size.

The versatility of Nick Harris is highly valuable especially with all the injuries the New York Jets suffered in 2019. This is another high grade for the Matt Miller, I’ll give him a B+.

• Devin Duvernay, wide receiver, Texas
    • Netane Muti, interior offensive line, Fresno State
    • Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse

11. NCJetsfan

Fifth-round

KINDLE VILDOR
    CB, New York Jets
    [​IMG]

Kindle Vildor comes from such a small school (Georgia Southern, Sun Belt Conference) that it didn’t even register on our FanSided graphic.

Despite the small-school representation, Kindle Vildor brings some juice to the 2020 NFL Draft. Vildor has great production (nine interceptions in the past three years) and he brings an energy to the football field.

While the production is fantastic, Jordan Reid of The Draft Network notes that he can often be caught “with his hand in the cookie jar”. In other words, he can be baited biting on a short route and by virtue can get beat over the top.

This is a sneaky good selection and a good risk vs reward selection in the fifth round. With that being said, I would’ve preferred Trey Adams at this spot. Adams could be a franchise piece on an offensive line, it all depends on the medical. Matt Miller receives a C+ here.

• Trey Adams, offensive tackle, Washington
    • Steven Montez, quarterback, Colorado
    • AJ Dillon, running back, Boston College
    Sixth-round
    JUWAN JOHNSON
    WR Oregon

[​IMG]

Juwan Johnson has some intriguing traits (6-foot-4, 231 pounds) and an interesting past. Johnson spent the first four years of his collegiate career with Penn State before transferring over to Oregon.

On paper it made sense, Juwan Johnson would be able to finally to pair his rare physical gifts with some incredible tangible production in the PAC-12. Sadly it never worked out, he only played in eight games and recorded marginal numbers (30 receptions for 467 yards and four touchdowns).

Johnson technically has a ton of football experience, despite that he lacks development in his route tree. Although the good news is the majority of his struggles are completely fixable with the right coaching staff and the right environment.

This is a sixth-round pick, so you won’t normally find Pro Football Hall of Famers here unless you’re the New England Patriots selecting Tom Brady. With that being said, another worthwhile gamble late, Juwan Johnson could be a future No. 1 wide receiver or he could be a bust. C+ to Matt Miller on this selection.

• Cole McDonald, quarterback, Hawaii
    • Shane Lemieux, interior offensive lineman, Oregon
    • Aaron Fuller, wide receiver, Washington
    Seventh-round
    KYLE MARKWAY
    TE South Carolina

[​IMG]

The New York Jets have plenty of tight ends so the Kyle Markway selection is a bit odd on the surface. Although the stranger part is the Jets actually don’t own a seventh-round pick. They traded it away this past offseason for guard Alex Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens.

12. NCJetsfan

https://thejetpress.com/2020/02/04/new-york-jets-todd-mcshay-confirms-crazy-ot-class-2020-nfl-draft/

New York Jets: Todd McShay confirms crazy OT class in 2020 NFL Draft

by Paul A. Esden Jr.1 day ago

The New York Jets have some tough decisions to make in the 2020 NFL Draft. ESPN’s Todd McShay confirmed that with his latest mock draft.
    One of the top priorities for the New York Jets is providing a facelift to the offensive line. The best place for the team to find some solutions is the 2020 NFL Draft.

Early in the process, there seemed to be an upper echelon of offensive tackles that separated themselves from the rest of the pack:

“The Big Three”

• Andrew Thomas, offensive tackle, Georgia
    • Jedrick Wills Jr, offensive tackle, Alabama
    • Tristan Wirfs, offensive tackle, Iowa
    Although the conversation has already changed in just a few short weeks.

On Tuesday Todd McShay of ESPN released his latest mock draft (version two) and it featured six offensive tackles in the first round.

JEDRICK WILLS JR
    Offensive tackle, Los Angeles Chargers
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-5, 320 pounds
    • Alabama, offensive tackle
    TRISTAN WIRFS
    Offensive tackle, Arizona Cardinals
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-5, 322 pounds
    • Iowa, offensive tackle
    JOSH JONES
    Offensive tackle, Cleveland Browns
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-5, 311 pounds
    • Houston, offensive tackle
    MEKHI BECTON
    Offensive tackle, New York Jets
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-7, 369 pounds
    • Louisville, offensive tackle
    ANDREW THOMAS
    Offensive tackle, Miami Dolphins
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-5, 320 pounds
    • Georgia, offensive tackle
    AUSTIN JACKSON
    Offensive tackle, Jacksonville Jaguars
    [​IMG]
    • 6-foot-6, 310 pounds
    • USC, offensive tackle
    Several new names at offensive tackle have entered the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft conversation.

In addition to the top three offensive tackles, three others have entered the fray.

Josh Jones is an offensive tackle out of Houston and he went from a “day two” pick to the 10th overall pick in Todd McShay’s latest mock draft. It’s a massive rise for a prospect who rode the Senior Bowl buzz and is now considered a legitimate first-round pick.

Although Jones wasn’t the only riser, Mekhi Becton has been riding a massive hype train. In this mock draft, Todd McShay handed the big man to the Jets with the 11th overall pick. The hype started with Daniel Jeremiah mocking Becton fourth overall and now this freight train can’t be stopped.

Finally, one more offensive tackle (and the sixth overall) entered the first round and cracked the top-20. Austin Jackson out of USC is another prospect who has been considered a second-round pick, but for the first time has entered the first-round conversation. McShay even said that the selection was a “reach” (Jackson is the No. 46 player on Todd McShay’s board), but that his physical traits were worth the risk.

This Todd McShay mock draft should be a giant screaming red siren to the New York Jets.

Fix your offensive line in free agency/trade or grab the best offensive tackle with the 11th overall pick because there’s no guarantee that when the 2020 NFL Draft swings back around in the second round that an offensive tackle will be left sitting there to snag.

13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I don't see the Chargers taking anyone except one of the 2 QB's that will be sitting there at 6 - Tua or Herbert - Rivers is pretty much going to be out of the picture if not now, then very soon so SD will have a great opportunity to fix this at 6.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NYJFOREVER

Agreed.

I think it's a lock that 3 QBs come off the board in the top 10; Burrow, Tua, and Herbert. Then I think with a good pro day, Jordan Love could go top 10 to someone willing to trade up.

BomberJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/nfl-m...an-wirfs-jets-pick-mekhi-becton-after-trades/

NFL Mock Draft 3.0: Giants take Tristan Wirfs, Jets pick Mekhi Becton after trades
    By Steve Serby

March 3, 2020 | 10:27am | Updated

The Serby Mock Draft 3.0 has Giants GM Dave Gettleman trading down for the first time in his career and Jets GM Joe Douglas trading up.

Gettleman and head coach Joe Judge think long and hard about LB Isaiah Simmons, but Gettleman hasn’t fixed the offensive line and opts for his highest-rated Hog Mollie to help Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley. Douglas, armed with a pair of third-rounders thanks to the Leonard Williams trade with the Giants, surrenders one of them for the offensive lineman he prefers.

This will be the final mock before the start of the free-agent frenzy, picks 1-20.

1. Cincinnati Bengals
    Joe Burrow (QB, LSU)

If Pete Rose were a betting man — not saying he is, no no no — he’d send it on this one. Riverfront Joe has a chance to be the best leader the Whodeys have had since Boomer Esiason, and he gets an offensive whiz in Zac Taylor as his head coach coach and tackle Jonah Williams, the 2019 first-round pick, to protect him.

2. Washington Redskins
    Chase Young (DE, Ohio State)

Ron Rivera can’t be convinced that Dwayne Haskins is the answer. But how can he pass on a generational pass rusher?

3. Miami Dolphins (from Detroit Lions)
    Tua Tagovailoa (QB, Alabama)

As long as the medicals check out next month at his April 9 Pro Day, the Steve Young-Drew Brees hybrid can redshirt behind Ryan Fitzpatrick. Tank you very much. If the hip is suspect, make it Justin Herbert.

4. Los Angeles Chargers (from New York Giants)
    Justin Herbert (QB, Oregon)

Gettleman is sweating profusely. “Just do it, Dave!” Judge barks. “You already told the league you’re open for business.” Dave does it when the Chargers, needing a splash for their new stadium and a long-term replacement for Philip Rivers, surrender a second-round pick.

5. Detroit Lions (from Miami Dolphins)
    Jeff Okudah (CB, Ohio State)

Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn have a win-now edict. Matthew Stafford is staying and Darius Slay is going and the debate is: corner or DT Derrick Brown? Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams are still on the schedule twice a year.

6. New York Giants (from Los Angeles Chargers)
    Tristan Wirfs (OT, Iowa)

Jon Gruden is on the phone eyeing Jordan Love. Gettleman is suddenly in full-bloom love with trading down. Judge grabs the phone from Gettleman and barks, “Let’s help the quarterback, whoever that will be, and the running back, whoever that will be,” and hangs up.

7. Carolina Panthers
    Isaiah Simmons (LB, Clemson)

It’s this tantalizing Freak who blew up the Combine or Brown, barring a change of heart about Cam Newton from coach Matt Rhule. A Simmons-Shaq Thompson duo would help mitigate the retirement of Luke Kuechly.

8. Arizona Cardinals
    Derrick Brown (DT, Auburn)

Kyler Murray lobbies 24-7 for former Oklahoma teammate WR CeeDee Lamb, but this monster in the middle would make life easier for Chandler Jones. Coach Kliff Kingsbury doesn’t give two hoots about his three-cone Combine disaster.

9. New York Jets (from Jacksonville Jaguars)
    Mekhi Becton (OT, Louisville)

GM Joe Douglas parts with the higher of his two third-round picks to leapfrog the Browns and begin his offensive line overhaul with a 6-foot-7, 368-pound freak who will be picked up at the airport in a limo by Sam Darnold and Le’Veon Bell.

10. Cleveland Browns
    Andrew Thomas (OT, Georgia)

If Baker Mayfield continues to run for his life, bet the Under on Odell Beckham Jr.’s first “come get me.” A plug-and-play LT to replace Greg Robinson for highly respected OL coach Bill Callahan.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars (from New York Jets)
    Javon Kinlaw (DT, South Carolina)

Marcell Dareus is a goner, and a bully who has drawn comparisons to Chris Jones will be needed to shield Myles Jack.

12. Oakland Raiders
    Jordan Love (QB, Utah State)

No one enjoys stockpiling quarterbacks the way Gruden does. He can’t help himself, he wants to make a splash in Las Vegas, and there are league folks who aren’t convinced he’s married to Derek Carr, certainly not beyond 2020. Tom Brady, of course, would be the Best Big Splash Available.

13. Indianapolis Colts
    CeeDee Lamb (WR, Oklahoma)

Anyone who is likened to DeAndre Hopkins makes the perfect complement for T.Y. Hilton … and will delight Philip Rivers if and when he replaces Jacoby Brissett. A YAC (Yards After Catch) Monster.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Jedrick Wills (OT, Alabama)

Bruce Arians knows that Jameis Winston can’t blame all 30 of his interceptions on the offensive line, but a replacement is needed for RT Demar Dotson (10 penalties, 35 years old in October). Jacob Eason’s rocket right arm has to intrigue Arians.

15. Denver Broncos
    Jerry Jeudy (WR, Alabama)

Tide teammate Henry Ruggs III and his 4.27 speed would have been the pick to replace Emmanuel Sanders had the draft’s best route runner not fallen. Drew Lock has another weapon to team with WR Courtland Sutton and TE Noah Fant.

16. Atlanta Falcons
    K’Lavon Chaisson (Edge, LSU)

Dan Quinn will need more than 28 sacks from his defense in 2020 to keep his job, and here’s a kid who has enough explosiveness to replace Vic Beasley and chase Drew Brees.

17. Dallas Cowboys
    Henry Ruggs III (WR, Alabama)

A Tyreek Hill-like threat to join Amari Cooper — looks like he isn’t going anywhere — and Michael Gallup will make life so much more enjoyable for Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott.

18. Miami Dolphins
    CJ Henderson (CB, Florida)

His 4.39 Combine 40 gives the hometown boy a legitimate shot at lining up as Xavien Howard’s bookend. Coach Brian Flores and GM Chris Grier will get their offensive tackle with the 26th pick.

19. Oakland Raiders
    Patrick Queen (LB, LSU)

Has that championship pedigree that appeals to Gruden and GM Mike Mayock and sideline-to-sideline range lacking at the Silver & Black’s second level. The remarkable WR depth means Gruden and Mayock can get one later.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars
    Josh Jones (OT, Houston)

Pro Football Focus ranked LT Cam Robinson 70th out of 81 tackles. Even with Tom Coughlin gone, Doug Marrone will want to play smashmouth with Leonard Fournette to lessen the burden on Gardner Minshew and/or Nick Foles.

16. NYJFOREVER

I would’ve just stayed put and taken whoever Cleveland didn’t take.

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Whirfs will be gone by our pick. He had a great combine and will probably have an even better pro day. Jets should sign OL in free agency and take a receiver in the first round. It looks like we won't have one after free agency.

18. NCJetsfan

I could be wrong, but I think Douglas would too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I'd sign up for Andrew Thomas in the first and Tyler Biadasz in the 2nd.

As long as they retain Robby Anderson.

20. NYJFOREVER

Biadasz might fall to the third. He’s been falling recently.