Jets 2019 Draft Class Graded WORST in NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Feb 13, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Atkins was a late bloomer, the difference is the color of the uniform.

boozer32 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. Considering him as a bad pick all because we didn't take "Josh Allen" who I loved, is not the right thought process for these Q critics to have.

After losing Snacks Harrison, Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams? Some fans don't understand how important the pick of Quinnen Williams was, is and will be.

Potential and TALENT to anchor of our D-Line as a monster force up front is nothing to overlook. This kid is rare he absolutely destroyed and dominated kids on Saturdays to the point of being considered #1 overall worthy. I personally wanted Josh Allen but I loved Q as well.

Everyone around here screams "O-Line" and rightfully so. But guess what, geniuses, you need an elite D-Lineman to compete and fight against those tough O-Lineman you all cry for. If not welcome to Swiss cheese defend right up the middle. Think D. Robertson days. Vilma had no chance.

Quinnen Williams is the reason why we could trade away Leonard Williams and received a 3rd round draft pick. Josh Allen won't be the last pass rusher to come out lol use that 3rd on an OLB and the pick of Q Williams becomes A+.

Put an elite pass rusher over Q Williams and then you'll maybe realize his true value. Just a kid too lol

Defending Q feels like the days of defending Jamal Adams before his all pro and pro bowl selections. Some fans considered Maye as a better player like 3 years older than Adams lol some fans would harp all over his "ints" even funnier. It's pathetic.

#62 DefenseWinsChampionships, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    boozer32 and chandler like this.
  3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, Atkins was 4th rounder (not 4th pick) and like the 12th iDL picked in that draft

would love to get some picks like that -- even if late bloomer

boozer32 likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Which is why it would become a stoke of genius if we can turn LEO's 3rd into a monster pass rusher come 3rd round (thanks to Quinnen Williams).

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Meh. 4th overall, 4th round, what's the difference?

*Good catch.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

actually he was the 3rd overall pick not 4th lol

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Geno Atkins was drafted.... Round: 4 / Pick: 120

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yeah but how many sacks did I see him get in game highlights. He's another Jets bust. You're just in denial.;)

tomdeb, boozer32 and FJF like this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But he’s so god damn fat

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

11. boozer32

A lot of flags in your comment. A football player should never be poorly conditioned. Does that reflect on the player or his coaches? Now being banged up happens in football but that can be directly pointed at the poor conditioning. Too often Jets fans give these guys a pass. I'm gonna act like I'm from Missouri they have to show me. No more waiting for them to blossom these guys are getting top dollar right out the box. Not only the players but what are these coaches and conditioning guys doing? If we had better scouting personnel we wouldn't be having these conversations. Drafting these DT every year has gotten us in this mess. So in two years if this guy doesn't turn it on we'll be looking for another DT in the draft. Hopefully, Douglas does not value these guys in the first round.

#71 boozer32, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. boozer32

I would have to say only Jets picks. Leonard Williams is gone and he was a better interior lineman that Williams. Using that as a benchmark QW just might be gone sooner.

13. boozer32

Enough with the baby drafting mentality on defense. You want a top DL sign one in free agency stop wasting these pick on fat outta shape kids who take too long to develop or never develop in the Jets case.

14. boozer32

I was one of them. I admit you were right on Adams. Now go pick about 15 more like that on both sides of the football and a kicker lol.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's real easy to fall out of football shape when you're nursing lower body injuries. As a whole I agree with you that it's generally inexcusable. But there's a reason defensive lineman and offensive skill position players are generally put on pitch counts when they return from knee, ankle, hip, etc. injuries.

It's honestly getting tougher and tougher for players to get in football shape when they keep cutting training camp practices as a part of the CBA's. Owners don't care if they cut practices they'll gladly give it away. But football shape and general conditioning don't necessarily mean the same thing. A football play will gas you a lot more than a lap around the track.

The kid has a lot of talent. He might surprise you. He didn't come from some bumblefuck program in Massachusetts. He dominated the SEC as a 19-20 year old sophomore and finished 8th in the Heisman voting.

FJF likes this.
  16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. Almost all Jets draft picks end up sucking. Almost all Jets FA signings end up sucking. The Jets almost always suck.

It's like a trend or something...

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  17. boozer32

I wish I could be optimistic but never liked the pick and hated that the Jets made it. He could turn out to be all pro world beater but he will never be a stout DT in the NFL. When you pick someone like that from Bama at #3 you expect better. I don't see game changer with any DT outside of Aaron Donald. That is what the Jets thought they were getting. But I saw Williams getting manhandled and pushed around a lot.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  18. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Eh unnecessarily harsh but what else is new. Too early to be handing out grades like that. Quinnen underwhelmed but was he piss poor? No. Polite was an abominable pick bit still...3rd rounder. Too early to tell on the rest.

Still glad Mac is gone

19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

and why the hell did they add two more guaranteed years to Macidiot's contract after back to back 5-11?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Thank you, MacCagnan. As he forecasted in his inital press conference in 2015, MacCagnan does NOT believe in using decent pics on the OL. He stayed true to his word and assembled the league worst OL in the NFL. No wonder Douglas is considering an entirely new OL for 2020--because of MacCagnan.

boozer32 likes this.