17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If I owned an NFL team, I'd sell soon. I think the entire league is at peak value.

As far as Jets disgust, do we agree that all of this has been exasperated by the high costs? I, like most of you, attended so many games in the 90's when the team was awful, but the joy of being their was higher because the value was better. Owning an NFL team is a license to print money. There's no guarantee a new owner will be more competent than the Johnsons. The Johnsons were considered saviors from the Hess's. Leon acted the right way only when his own fatality was looking him straight in the eye. That might not have even mattered had he not been able to coerce Parcells to coach them. Remember when the jets were practically the last team in the NFL to hire a GM? Steve Gutman anybody? Woody and Chris want to win. They just don't have the ability to do so because they overvalue themselves.

I love the Jets as much as ever. But I've become adverse to spending an ever increasing percentage of my income to do so. The stadium shill was the last straw. That said, although things have not gone well the past 5 years, I do not view it as indifference from ownership and I do expect improvement ahead. It'll get better. Then it'll dip back down...

CBG likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree about the league being at peak value, i thought that a few years ago too and i was wrong. at some point the television contracts have to stop growing... tv is losing subscribers hand over fist and i dont see them continuing to be able to sign these huge contracts even if streaming takes off which it hasnt yet on the sports side of the world.

yes the value was much higher. the difference to me and maybe its my age and the level of other things that i am knee deep in, is that they simply dont give a damn about the fans. the mausoleum was the final straw, but for me it was the final straw of them completely screwing their entire fanbase and then smiling about it. even more so than just the price increase it was the way they did it all and the bullshit they put people through. look back at the pages and pages and see the hoops they had people jumping through and the bullshit that went with it all.

i agree they have tried to win. i dont deny that. they are just completely inept at being owners and refuse to recuse themselves from day to day operations. and the people they have hired have generally been bad.

LogeSection2RowJ and CBG like this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wonder how different our ownership treats our fans as compared with other NFL teams? We in NY at least have the obvious comparison to make with the Giants. Of course I know the Giants beat the Pats twice to win two Super Bowls (otherwise I believe their record over that span of years is worse than ours) Other than that, are the Giants fans treated better? This is where i am not sure i can go 100% in on the argument that the Johnsons don't give a damn about their fans. No one has been screwed more than Giants fans who had great season tickets in their family since the 1950's handed down from generation to generation, only to lose them to $20K PSL's.

Not defending Woody - just wondering if the things we are upset over are selectively Jets things, or if it's just an "NFL greed thing"

4. alleycat9

the giants are just as bad. remember how long the waiting lists were for season tickets 20 years ago? now they are non existent iirc.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

@CBG!

Re: 17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

I FOUND IT! LMFAO!

If I recall, we can't post links to other sites so I didn't do that; but I made this post on 9/9/11 about The New Dump that we were collectively shitting on. Click 'expand' below to see the copy and paste job and then click on the photo to see it better:

EDIT & P.S.: Check out this email I got on 2/21:

http://links.enews.newyorkjets.com/...I1NjIxNzkzOTUwS0&j=MTcwMTc5MzE2OQS2&mt=1&rt=0

Assholes. I told the Jets FO to kiss my royal ass in 2018 after 55 years of ST ownership and now they think I'll buy a group outing to that roofless shithole? Hahahaha. Just let that sink in.

#20105 jetophile, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    CBG likes this.
  6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

No chance, not even close to peak. Key demographic Males 18 to 34 do not watch TV anymore. The only way to get them in front of the TV is to watch Football or big NBA games. That is worth gold for advertisers and the supply of those ad spots get more and more valuable every year. That's going to push NFL valuations higher and higher for many many years

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. RJ021

RJ021 New Member

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to say hello!

I've been a fan since '96 (1-15). Last year I took the plunge and got non-PSL season tickets (206A). I know, I know, I could have gotten cheaper single-game tickets but I've always wanted to be a STH. I went to the Green and White game and sat in the Owners club, went on to the field 3x throughout the season and ran into Bell and got some autographs on the field. Tailgated every game starting at 830/9 (even the rainy Raiders game)! Between the time spent tailgating, the extra perks, and attending the games - the price isn't that bad if you break it down per hour... Mind you I still throughly enjoy the game, the ups, downs, the heart attacks and all!

I was at the old Giants Stadium only a few times and I can honestly say that I don't really remember the atmosphere. I don't mind Metlife. It's easy to navigate - minus exiting. The only thing is that it just doesn't have a personality. I wish it had a nice NYC vibe.

For the upcoming season I did decide to become a PSL STH. I did my homework and I was able to find 2 seats in Section 123 off the secondary market (PSL-Source) for only 9% what the Jets were asking. The lower section has such a different atmosphere which is what prompted me to look for lower level seats. Everyone is into it, passionate, and animated! I purposely picked 123 for the players tunnel and to be in the heart of the action.

Anyway, I look forward to this thread, next season, and hopefully some more positive vibes all around!
    Maybe I'll catch some of you at a game or two!

Brook! likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

Hey it's your money - if you want to pay double the price to call yourself a season ticket holder then more power to you

I think Metlife is passable if you sit in the lower deck. If you go higher it gets bad and the upper deck IMO is unwatchable

Transportation options are awful any way you look at it

alleycat9 and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You did the right thing. Nobody can put a price on how you decide to spend your spare fun money. Some chose to eat at expensive restaurants, some chose to travel ,some chose the renew their cars every 3 years some pay for prostitutes and some gamble.

You chose your money to enjoy around 8 hours eight Sundays a year. Enjoy your PSL's and if you stay on this forum we will make sure to meet at a game.

RJ021 likes this.
  10. alleycat9

sounds like a jets rep to me, or better yet someone trying to get us fired up again to tell our story to the new guy. :) that would be classic. trust me friend, there will not be many positive vibes about the mausoleum. most of us who are still here cant stand the stadium or anything about it. i feel as though the whole thing was a slap in the face by management.

CBG likes this.
  11. RJ021

RJ021 New Member

Nope - not a rep. Not yet jaded either ;)

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hah! @alleycat9, speaking of mausoleums . . .
    PSL Default repercussions

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

that young man might want to go read a thousand or so pages of what has been written and thats all Im going to say about that

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Give it time your still wet behind the ears

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. Brook!

I love Woody. Best thing he did was to build this stadium and share with Giants. PSL's were a great idea. That way old folks like CBG had to leave their cheap seats so that Jets could sell it for $700 profit. Woody is a smart businessman. I support him.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Some people have a problem with it Brook but when you drink and post I have no problem with it, I have to go no it's time for my nap.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Brook!

It is all fun CBG. I am down to 229. Huge accomplishment. Cut back on my drinking and eating big time. Goal is to go under 210 at first then under 190.

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook congrats nice job keep it up brother you can do it

Brook! likes this.
  19. GordonGecko

Stubhub & Vividseats might be pushed into bankruptcy depending on how this plays out. They already paid all their sellers for games from mid-March through April and the rest of the year. They can only claw back those payments by billing credit cards on file. Sellers who don't care about burning bridges can cancel their credit cards and walk away with their money and collect refunds from teams.

The resellers clearly don't have the money to pay back buyers, they will get massive numbers of lawsuits and lose. This has bankruptcy potential. As for ticketmaster, one would think they are too big to fail, but who knows about anything anymore. They have the advantage of controlling both sides of the market, I can see them taking your team refunded money to pay for your cancelled sale across the line

It's shady stuff... Stubhub changed the rules on buyers, no refunds, instead they are getting a 120% "coupon" good for a year

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...00414-hobncjlwjbfk3k44ueqztu2fba-story.html

StubHub's COVID policy:
    https://stubhub.custhelp.com/app/an...tegorySelected/RN_CATEGORY_429

more:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=stubhub refund&src=typed_query

“It is currently impossible for us to offer immediate cash refunds to all buyers” -Stubhub

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. snoballz

snoballz Member

Thanks for the update! I hope you and your family are all doing well.

Personally, I am a buyer days and/or hours before an event so I'm fortunate not to have money tied-up on canceled events. With that said, I'm still on the losing end whenever I sell tickets as a STH. Wonder though since there may not be any fan attended games until Summer or Fall, whether there will be pent up demand to see anything... even a hapless Jets team!