Jeudy or Lamb? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Who?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2020.
  1. Jeudy

60.9%
  2. Lamb

39.1%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Who do you prefer at 11 if you were dead set on picking a WR?

Pags2112 likes this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Lamb. His ability to go after the ball and his after the catch skills are insane. Even though Jeudy is very polished and faster. I think they'll both be studs. I just like Lamb slightly more. A strong argument can be made for both.

Br4d, TonyFtLaud, westiedog1 and 6 others like this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

judy.

FJF likes this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I flip flop between the two almost everyday.

Jeudy's route running and his ability to get separation off the LOS benefit a team with a shitty OL, but Lamb is a monster with the ball in his hands and I love that shit.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jeudy fits Gase better than Lamb, also the better wr.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with either of those statements. Lamb is better in contested catches, and he's better with the ball in his hands, which imo is a better fit for Gase's offense.

tomdeb, Br4d, TonyFtLaud and 2 others like this.
  7. FJF

Gase tries to scheme things open with route running and timing more so than having the best athlete. That’s why guys like crowder, Emanuel sanders , Landry have success with him.
    Going back further, Peyton Manning, big influence in gases philosophies, needed wrs he knew would be in the right spot at the right time. He really didn’t have big beast wide outs. Harrison, Wayne, stokely sanders, all smooth route runners . The yac comes from well timed balls to open receivers.
    It was hard to see last year because we never could keep a play on schedule so I can see where lamb would be more desired but I don’t think that’s the game Gase is looking to play.

#7 FJF, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  8. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Ruggs...you will see after the combine.

9. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I need some Tee Higgins .. Nuff said. ;)

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jeudy IDK if I like him more then Amari Cooper coming out but he's right there with him.

If we can somehow get Thuney, Conklin and resign Robby and Beachum... adding Jeudy would be insane.

Noam, Mr mittens and FJF like this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I looked at some highlight of the other WR from Alabama and that guy got some game breaking speed. He just ran by everyone.

12. FJF

Unless they are planning on playing a game at the combine nothing he does there should change anyone’s mind.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Jeudy is the more complete NFL ready receiver. He's a sure bet and has virtually zero chance of busting. Along the lines of Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and AJ Green coming out. He's not only fast, but his route running is superb.

Lamb is a different player. He's slippery. He's in the mold of Antonio Brown. Throw him 2-3 WR screens a game and one will go for a touchdown or a big play. He can catch the ball with a yard of separation from the defender and make two miss for an extra 15 yards. He's not the world's greatest route runner but he has all the skills to get better at it. He probably has the quickest feet of any prospect and amazing field vision with the ball in his hands.

Jeudy is the better prospect for our situation and he's an immediate #1 received who can catch post corners, slants, stops, deep outs, etc. Whatever you need him to do.

It's hard to say it because Jeudy is so damn good but Lamb might have a slightly higher ceiling if coached correctly. BUT all of this talk of Jeudy getting to 11 seems kind of wild to me. The Falcons traded the farm to move up and get Julio. I think the NFL values these type of receiver prospects. He was the centerpiece on a team that went to the Super Bowl.

^ he didn't run a great route and it wasn't a great throw. He made 5 guys miss for a 60 yard gain on a three yard pass. You can't teach that.

14. 101GangGreen101

A lot of Hopkins in Lamb too ... the funny thing is you can argue Lamb is also an excellent fit for Darnold. Lamb is really good at those 50/50 balls and when Darnold plays backyard ball he fits that skill-set. Though Jeudy can improvise with his route running and awareness on the field. Just feel Jeudy will be an instant impact player.

Br4d and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

You're right Lamb is really good in traffic. I'd like to see him use his hands a little bit more on contested balls because he can become a basket catcher at times. But he has awesome body control that he positions himself the right way.

He's a much more special athlete than Hopkins in terms of speed though. Hopkins catches anything in a 5 yard radius of himself because of his special hands.

They'd both be great for Sam. I can't see either one failing in the NFL barring injury.

I want a big elite offensive lineman as much as possible. But these two are really special talents. Are Becton, Thomas, Willis etc. the same level of prospects? Both are positions of need. Receiver class is deeper, but these two at the top are the best in a long time.

Tough call for Joe if they're both there.

Br4d, almbleamal, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Becton, Thomas, Willis and Wirfs will go a long ways towards protecting Darnold. As time goes on, I hope Thomas is the one to drop to 11 out of all the lineman. Becton needs work technique wise, but year with Beachum could really benefit him. Just complete in terms of experience at the position, athletic ability, technique and TAPE. Scouts falling in love with new prospects and tape fatigue and I think thats why you are seeing Thomas drop in some mocks.

Lamb and Jeudy might end up being top 5 receivers in the NFL one day, however I don't think the Jets need a top 5 receiver, just more reliable options for the QB. I would take a guy with lesser upside and with a strong body of work and will come in and contribute right away.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Both are very good WR prospects, but I'll give a slight edge to Jeudy as he looks like he could contribute from day 1, which is crucial in Sam's 3rd year. I wouldn't complain if we got Lamb instead as he has #1 WR upside, but will take longer to become one IMO.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

They are. I figured it was a foregone conclusion that Thomas wouldn't be there so I put it out of my mind. I still think the Giants will take him assuming Chase Young is gone.

I think there are good second and third round receiver prospects for us while I don't think the same is true on the flip side for offensive lineman.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that both will be day 1 contributors at a high level. They're just too talented and experienced, and seemingly well coached.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Jedrick Wills, can't forget about him.

boozer32 likes this.