Monday Night Flex Scheduling

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 11, 2020.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Saw this on MMQB. Flax scheduling for Monday Night. I get the thought if getting a good game on Monday night. That being said it'd be awful for ticket holders. Like they say in the article. Jets play in Miami. Easy trip for a New Yorker. Get out of here in November. Get a quick trip to Miami. Get out of the cold. Flying out Friday flying back late Sunday and bam. The game is flexed to Monday Night. Still have a trip but the purpose to see the Jets is now gone. Knowing the NFL and how fan friendly they are this will happen. They're getting tv money. Who cares if we affect a few thousand fans. Tickets are already sold. We're getting more from the tv. Not only people who travel but it affects the fans that plan no Sunday game to do things and then a few days before it switches back. Crazy. Only the NFL.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/02/10/monday-night-football-flex-scheduling

FJF likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets and the Fins are likely to get flexed *into* a nationally televised game?

I'm not thinking that's very likely to happen next season given what both teams did this year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I could see the Jets getting a primetime game though. They did finish the season strong even though it was against mostly weak competition and a Bills team that rested their starters. The Jets are a big market NYC team that can bring in strong ratings. In those rare years where the Jets were good they usually would get 2-3 primetime games the following year. If JD has a good offseason combined with finishing last season strong at 7-9 a primetime game is very possible. I doubt its against Miami though. They will probably play 16 games on Sunday afternoon.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Was using it as an example. Unless something crazy happens they won't be flexed for a year or two. As Jet fans though I know many people who plan a weekend trip to Miami when we play them. The article talks about Arizona and LA as trips people can make long weekends out of and I'd add in there Vegas. Definitely was not thinking the Jets in this situation.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sam v tua on Monday night could be a huge draw in 2 years.
    But this is a huge fuck you to the fans. It’s bad enough the flex game times now there moving the game an entire day. And the fan that went in on a Monday night ticket because he works weekends just saw his chance of seeing a game live disappear ?

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

stupid..... NFL is the worst league for fans

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Manfred: Hold my $15 beer.

Leicester Jet and CotcheryFan like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk man, i understand your point but in my opinion NFL is worse

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Mostly horrible games all year. Can't believe we had two cracks at it and got outscored 66-3.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/MNF

The NFL is making too big of a deal over their bad game problem in primetime. Get Booger and Tessitore off the air and I'd instantly watch a little longer than I normally would in a 35-10 game.

Those two make Kornheiser and Jaws look like professional broadcasters.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The NFL wants to make the season 17 games long with two bye weeks as well. This will only make Sundays worse, and giving ESPN the power to flex Sunday games would make it even more worse.

How many Sundays did we get this year where we had decent games the entire day? Not many. There were a few SNF games that were crappy, and a bunch of 4:30 games that were very average. Personally for me, I would rather them not do this. I enjoy having a full stack of good games on Sunday, and then the rest of the week go on with my life. If there does happen to be a good MNF or TNF game on, ill watch it, but if not I won't watch it. One long day of football is all I personally want.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.