The Return of The Hidden Production: A Quinnen Williams story

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2020.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

It’s time ladies and gentleman. My semi annual unnecessarily lengthy post in which I proceed to call bullshit on the whole damn thing. My previous installment starring trumaine johnson and the secured bag was no doubt some of the best predictive work this forum has ever seen.

First I want you to know that bringing this news to you gives me no joy. Sensing jets failure before others is no easy burden to bear and is something I struggle with daily. Many of you likely still live in a world where you think Quinnen will be a successful #3 overall pick. And to be honest I envy you.

Quinnen was a player deemed BPA, can’t miss, generational, too big (literally) to possibly fail. And yet here we stand on the precipice of another first round NY jets Bust.

Yes yes the dreaded B word. I can see the comments now. “ it’s too early to say that” “ gotta give him time bro”. “ He is being quadruple teamed” “ The best way to pressure brady is up the middle” or my personal favorite “you obviously don’t know football”

What I see in Quinnen my good friends is a player who doesn’t have the tenacity nor the drive to play at a high NFL level. This really showed itself when he was manhandled on the national championship stage against Clemson. There aren’t enough competitive bones in this young mans body and that is demonstrated not only by his play on the field but the way he has chosen to take care of his body. His physical appearance, namely his excess fat and astonishing lack of muscle is alarming. I have a picture on my phone ( no homo I swear) of him shirtless that he posted on his Instagram story this year.. and quite frankly it’s horrifying. Compare it to a picture of a shirtless Aaron Donald and it’s like comparing two different species. Think of a junkyard pittbull vs a fat lazy house cat.

Mindsets are proven to be hard to change. Quinnen obviously has some natural talent that’s not in question but he clearly thinks he will get by eating sleeves of Oreos and watching YouTube videos to train himself. This isn’t funny it’s just plain stupid.

Quinnens commitment to obesity goes back to his college days, when bulking up for his transition to DT he stated that it was
    “ impossible to put on 40 lbs of muscle” Well Quinnen I’m not asking for 40lbs but it would be nice to see some muscle, it doesn’t have to be all fat..

On the field I see a player who is often driven back and winds up on his ass more often than not. I actually don’t know if I’ve ever seen a player routinely put on his ass quite like this. Quinnen Williams is naturally quick, there is no debating that, however he appears to get winded extremely quickly , it is a common sight for fans to see Big Q jogging and lumbering slowly and pathetically after a player downfield.

The most frustrating part is knowing that this all can still be easily rectified by trading him today. I do think as of right now there are GM’s out there stupid enough ( Gettleman etc) to trade a late first for our ball of dough. I would also accept a 2nd round pick if that was the best offer on the table. With a late first or 2nd round pick in hand we can double dip on some O line AND pick up a WR all within the first 60 picks. For those worrying (lol) we can replace Quinnens production with a 6th round pick if need be, no sweat.

But all of this fun speculation that likely got you all excited to actually invest in protecting and weaponizing our QB is for naught. We know the jets won’t trade him because the jets organization are not creative thinkers, they are simply sheep for slaughter.

I wish I could help fellas, I am truly sorry that I am not in charge and that I am not able to alleviate all the pain that these next years of Quinnen will bring to you.

This post is really just made to help you see the truth and hopefully expedite what I call the “Leo” grieving process model

Step 1. Denial- this is where most of our fine posters are stuck in right now and often this stage can be long lasting for the jets fan. If you find yourself saying phrases such as “ he is getting doubled” “ look at his pressures” “ just get him some help and he will be a beast” or “stats don’t tell the whole story” this may be the phase you are in.

Step 2. Anger- so in this step you realize your organization wasted another premium pick on a non premium position. Many here find themselves saying things such as “ Fuck”. “ Fucking fuck” “ Shit” or “ Go fuck yourself you fat 2 sack getting fuck”. This is a very painful stage that can often reappear throughout the process it is one with a lot of frustration. Being able to vent and let out these emotions to fellow fans can help you get past this.

Step 3. Bargaining- This is where the jets fan gets caught up in dream land thinking of what could have been. Phrases heard most in this stage include “ if only we drafted a pass rusher like josh allen instead” and “If we just lost that meaningless game late in the season at buffalo we could have had bosa”

Step 4: Depression- for some jets fans this stage is perpetual and everlasting. In this stage it sets in that there is absolutely nothing you can do to overcome the lost draft pick. Your letters to the Johnsons have all gone unanswered. In this stage there are no words spoken, you have no fight left.

Step 5. Acceptance- this is the stage I am currently in and what I hope you all can get to. Everything sucks, everything will always suck, we can’t change it, but at least we have each other.

And who knows maybe one day the jets will draft with BMI in mind instead of BPA.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Comparing body types of a 21 year old rookie and 28 year old 6-year NFL vet is a pretty bulletproof case.

#2 BroadwayAaron, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    LF911SC, BrickcityJet, BudJet and 4 others like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Definitely give him year two before you call him a bust. An outside rusher to distract the opposing offense wouldn't be too bad either.

fansince90, rammagen, LF911SC and 2 others like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You really hate the guy because he doesn't have the body type of a professional body builder. There are plenty of what you would call 'fat' players that are successful. And this is the second time you've brought up your disgust with him, including the first time indicated it made you gag seeing him without a shirt on.

It's clear you have a vendetta and a disgust for people who are overweight. Which is what it is, but the fact that you attack his character about it shows your true character. Especially when everyone who meets him, has great things to say about him.

Warren Sapp was as fat as they come. His body type reminds me a lot of Kevin Williams when he first entered the league. He was a 5x All-Pro.

This post wasn't about hidden production. It was about directing your anger towards him because he's fat.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Seems pretty homo to me (not there's anything wrong with that)

This guy didnt look fat. Probably shouldve kept him!

[​IMG]

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Tl:dr
    Anyone care to give me the abridged version

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nice boobs though

boozer32, stinkyB and LF911SC like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Williams was just a rookie. Lets see how he does in year 2. What was frustrating about Leonard Williams was that he was here for so long and didn't get better. If Quinnen Williams is still playing like this in year 4 or 5, then yeah, he sucks. But it takes defensive linemen a little bit to adjust to the NFL

fansince90 and BomberJet like this.
  9. 6-10 once again

I think we both know Quinnen will never look like this. As I said , they aren’t the same species.

10. 6-10 once again

This is quality work sir. But I am glad that you are interested in the abridged version, I think you and I are getting closer everyday to an understanding and mutual respect ✊

11. 6-10 once again

Classic stage 1. I feel for ya brother. My advice I guess is to try to remember Leo and try to recall how similar this all sounds.

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don't need to go through your five step program. For the past 20 years of drafting, I just go directly to Step 5.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Pete would hit it.

FJF likes this.
  14. 6-10 once again

He was just a rookie sounds like an excuse. Waiting till year 4 or 5 before finally succumbing to the realization that he is a bust is what I’m trying to help you all avoid. Nobody on this friendly board deserves to suffer like that :(

I wish I had been more proactive with my warnings to this board about Leo. I could have helped you all rip that bandaid off quicker. It eats at me everyday

fansince90 likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s the meanest thing anyone ever said to me

16. BrowningNagle

Good point. Thank God we have you, our resident genius, chiming in now to save us all from misery. Don't be so hard on yourself

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think you have a great understanding of the different positions they played and their scouting reports coming out of the draft.

Leonard Williams was supposed to be a combination of strength and speed to handle playing the edge. In a similar capacity that Reggie White was a big man who wrecked tackles and was fast enough to get burned outside. He wasn't. He was a classic 3-4 5T that was slow as shit off the ball, but strong as hell at the point of attack.

Quinnen Williams was scouted as a 3T and an interior rusher. Quick off the ball and powerful enough to push the pocket and play similar to how a Kris Jenkins played. He played well with what he was tasked to do and headed a top run defense in his rookie year.

He needs to become a pass rushing force in order for the pick to be worth it. But his high floor is a good run stopping nose tackle. Definitely not worth the third overall pick, but the kid still has a lot of football ahead of him.

fansince90 and boozer32 like this.
  18. 6-10 once again

Well they do say we are all a little bi curious deep down.

The ghost was awful, I don’t tolerate high drafted non secondary players with low sack counts especially 0 sacks... Ghost despite his hulking frame would have been subject to one of my famous rants. Don’t you worry. I discriminate against all jets failures

19. 6-10 once again

The progress we have made in a few short years has been nothing short of incredible FJF. Just last week I found myself agreeing with one of your posts. And now we stand here today with you willing to invest your time into an abridged version of my works!

We aren’t there yet but the car is finally moving my friend. Cheers to this journey !

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You really want to wait 4-5 years of less than premium production before you decide he wasn't worth it?