XFL, Anyone Watching/In?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Feb 8, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

My apologies if there is already a thread on this. I'm on my break from work and I'm in a rush, so please merge if so. My team is the NY Guardians because NY. It's on ABC right now, it started at 2 p.m. EST.

https://www.xfl.com/football

The crowd is pretty pumped. Seattle Dragons @ DC Defenders, but I'm not sure where they're playing, to tell you the truth (Stadium). It should be something fun to follow in the off-season. I hope it doesn't fold just to give me something to watch during football withdrawal. HE HATE ME!

nycarl and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Yeah man I’m all in

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Entertaining

4. jetophile

[​IMG]

The New York Guardians helmet. They're playing tomorrow @ 2 p.m. EST on Fox. The HC is Kevin Gilbride, lol. It's a home game, but I have no clue where they're playing. I don't have time to check right now.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I was expecting them to wear Curtis Sliwa’s beret

matt robinson 17 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I liked it. Going to be interesting to see the conversion rates for 1 pt attempts. My gut feeling is it will be around 30%, making it foolish to go for 1. I’d go for 3 every time.

7. jetophile

Ha, the New York Guardians are playing at The New Dump. I figured as much. I hope they sell more tickets than the Jets just to irk the Johnsons on principle. I'm sure they have some big shit financial interest in it somehow otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to play there. Rental space, of course; but it probably doesn't start and end there I'm guessing.

I'm kind of excited about the second incarnation of the XFL. It's actually going to be Pro level ball without the ridiculous sensationalism. Much faster, less of a drag out. Also, no felons and players are allowed to smoke pot recreationally and they won't be tested for it.

It should be noted that that they passed on Johnny Manziel. Go Guardians! I just covered my mouth for speaking such traitorous filth, but no worries. Nothing could ever possibly displace the Jets. Oh, and good seats are dirt cheap.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I have a plane on retainer ready to fly a “fold the franchise “ banner if the guardian are trailing at the half. I want to be out front on this one.

jetophile likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Nice helmet, if it's football I'll watch it

10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, Jeto. I will set my DVR.

Here is the team website:

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/new-york/guardians-articles/new-york-guardians-roster

It looks like Matt McGloin is their starting QB. The only name I even recognized.

Some interesting XFL rules:

Kickoffs: Kickoffs must land between the opponent's 20-yard line and the end zone. If the ball is short of the 20-yard line or out of bounds, the receiving team takes possession at the 45-yard line. Kicks out of the end zone result in a "major touchback" to the 35. Teams must communicate onsides kicks to the officials, and the procedure for those will be the same as the NFL.

Extra Points: After touchdowns, teams can run a play from the 2-yard line, 5-yard line or the 10. Those three distances result in one, two and three points, respectively.

Punting: Touchbacks during the punting process will result in the receiving team taking possession at the 35-yard line.

Double-Forward Pass: If a pass is complete behind the line of scrimmage and the ball has not advanced past it, that offense can throw an additional forward pass down the field.

Overtime: When a game goes to overtime, it will be an alternating five-round shootout. The team with the most points at the end of the five rounds wins. If the game is still tied at the end of five rounds, the format shifts to alternating one-round shootouts.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i watched a little of it. i was entertained, but i am a guy who will watch just about any kind of football so i am not the guy they are hoping watches.

the rule changes, while odd i think are interesting,especially the kick off. the previous xfl had major impact on the nfl game years later as they opened things up a bit and the nfl took note, the overhead cam and mic'd up players i believe were 2 of the things that were first done by the xfl.

i didnt like hearing the play calls. it just gives fans who have no idea whats going on more information to not understand but yet think they know the game.

i hope it sticks, i doubt it will. most nfl fans are most nfl fans are doofuses who dont really love or understand football they love the things around it.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn't get a chanx
    I also have to believe that these teams will eventually (if not already) have someone watching the broadcast to pick up on some stuff. Everyone's on a level playing field as far as that's concerned though.

The rule changes are kind of weird. Especially the kickoff stuff. Like changing things just to change it and promote kick returns which the NFL has deemed to be the most dangerous.

The most important thing the league needs to do is encourage scoring. That was the biggest failure of that shitty spring football league last year.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. jetophile

SOGs! Where's champ? The NYGs haven't taken a snap yet and Kevin Gilbride is 0/0 in bringing whatever it is the XFL wins to the NYGs!!! :mad::mad::mad:

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

The NY Guardians have a better cast of receivers and tightends than the NY Jets. :mad::mad::mad:

matt robinson 17 and FJF like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Murray stands in gets decked just to have his wr drop a perfect pass. That’s gotta hurt

16. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

DBs don’t wrap up in this league either.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So.... Did Vince McMahon pay people to be xfl fans

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it so far. I dig the kickoffs.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I love the rule changes

20. Jonathan_Vilma

The games today is what will hurt this league. A non-competitive opening game without much scoring or moving the ball in the middle of the game, followed up by a game with what? 9 field goals? Killed some of the momentum.

I like the kickoff thing though and what they're trying to do. Some cool concepts.

Also, why does the replay official choose to use an Xbox One controller over a mouse?!

#20 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    alleycat9 likes this.