The New England Patriots front office messed up and messed up big time; they let Jimmy Garoppolo go.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jan 19, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Former 2nd round draft pick.

Developed and learned behind Brady for 3 years.

21-5 career winning record.

Career QB Rating of 100.

Still only 28 years of age.

And now he's on his way to the Super Bowl.

And he's on his way to the Super Bowl during a time in which their 42 year old quarterback in Tom Brady could be on his way out the door in N.E all while Jimmy G is beginning to appear in SB's as the face of the 49ers; ouch.

You remember those reports of Bill Belichick being frustrated and wanted to keep a much younger Jimmy G even over Tom Brady? Well, this was why; because Jimmy Garoppolo is now Super Bowl bound (while Brady is on the verge of leaving).

New England had an opportunity.

A San Francisco/Green Bay opportunity.

A Joe Montana to Steve Young type of opportunity.

A Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers type of opportunity.

A Tom Brady to Jimmy Garoppolo passing of the torch opportunity...

But they blew it. The messed up. Big time.

And now? They're on the verge of joining the likes of the Jets/Bills/Dolphins ala franchises (still) in search of their next Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

Everyone always talks about historically speaking Pittsburgh Steelers getting rid of their own players at the "right time".

Well then New England got rid of Jimmy Garoppolo at the wrong time.

A 42 year old Tom Brady is on his way out the door - while a 28 year old QB in Jimmy G is on his way to the Super Bowl.

In the long run? ******Cheaters****** never win.

And they lost this one.

They lost out on the Jimmy Garoppolo sweepstakes.

Just go and ask the San Francisco 49ers. They are on their way to the big game, compliments of N.E's front office.

San Francisco gave up a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo and in return they received a great Quarterback and now a SB QB.

If Jimmy Garoppolo beats Mahomes and the K.C Chiefs and wins a SB? Unlike ******Tom Brady's****** name - there will be no asterisks around Jimmy Garoppolo's name or accomplishments.

Who did N.E receive in San Francisco trade of Garoppolo? Begining to go down as one of the worst NFL trades of All time.

I hope Brady leaves Bill Belichick this off-season high and dry while leaving Bill Belichick without a Quarterback @ the same time. The next conversation between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft would be an epic one.

New England messed up. They shit the bed on this one.

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I hope he gets into a feud with the Patriots and signs with us for a season in revenge :D:D. Remember what a fuck you it was to the Dolphins when Jason Taylor came here for a year? Well, this would be that times 1000%.

Plus, if Gase can't get to the playoffs with Brady, then that'll be the end of him.

Finally, we'll see if he can win without taping the opposing defense or deflating balls.

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

yup

fuck the cheating pats

fuck them

hope Niners win it for this reason

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nah man. I'll rather die and never see my team win a championship than to sell our soul and win one with Bill Belichick.

It wouldn't be about the Jets winning the big one for the first time with Namath. Na. The storyline would only be about how Bill Belichick goes down as the greatest head coach ever with the Jets as an afterthought.

I couldn't enjoy it. I want to see Bill Belichick struggling without Brady as he struggled as a big time career loser with Cleveland before Tom Brady.

Trading Jimmy Garoppolo is now even more laughable. They developed their own 2nd rounder into a SB QB with 3 years learning from Brady.

5. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

He’s talking about Tom Brady, my man.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Even worse. I wouldn't even watch football anymore until we no longer had Tom Brady if that were to ever happen.

We'd be watching the demise and the end of Tom Brady; but at our expense.

Yes. I want to enjoy watching Brady completely break down @ 43-44 years old - but for another team - because it wouldn't be enjoyable with him being face turfed as a Jet. He can do that as a Patriot or Charger but to see it happening in real time, and as a Jet at that... would become a disrespectful insult to all Jet fans.

Ask the Patriots right now. Sam Darnold for Tom Brady. N.E accepts that offer within a New York minute. Ain't no way I'm benching Sam Darnold for Tom Brady here in 2020.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I really can't tell if you're a troll or not. The Patriots have went to three Super Bowls since trading Jimmy Garroppolo and won two of them.

I think it's safe to say they're probably ok with the deal they made.

On a fun note, Garroppolo is 17 for 27 for 208 yards with one touchdown and one pick in the playoffs. Maybe we should hold off on annointing him the chosen one, huh?

#7 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    TonyFtLaud, Acad23, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wish the jets would “mess up” and make the wrong choice that leads to 2 super bowl wins

holy shit, this is bad.

dawinner127 and JetBlue like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just stop already

Jonathan_Vilma, dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

And what do the Patriots have to show for this trade? A QB who won the regular season MVP in that timespan and a Super Bowl win.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He threw 8 fucking passes yesterday. They aren’t going to the SB because of him. In fact, he’s arguably the weakest part of their offense.

FJF, CotcheryFan and dawinner127 like this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's the reason you would probably pick against them in 2 weeks. Absurd thread.. again.

CotcheryFan and JetBlue like this.
  13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Tenn and SF are relatively similar, except the Titans undoubtedly have the better RB and arguably the better QB. If KC puts the 49ers in a position where they have to throw nobody reasonably expects Garapollo to be able to win this SB on his own merits.

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Green Bay and the 49ers 'only' got an extra Lombardi out of their transition of greats whereas the Patriots went to 3 Superbowls and won two of them by sticking with Brady.

I like Jimmy G and think he's a solid QB who could of given the PAts or any other team years of potential service but the jury is still out on whether he can be in the Peyton, TB, Brees class or the Matty Ryan, Andy Dalton class.

If we want to slam a rival for crappy QB decisions then I'd rather look at the Bills trading the pick for Mahomes to KC. Imagine this bills team with him at QB.............or better yet, don't! It's way too depressing.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

My goodness I hope KC wins the Super Bowl.

These Garoppolo balls lickers will be insufferable if the Niners win.

'Jimmy G' had 27 pass attempts COMBINED in the Niners two playoff wins. This dude has a handoff as good as Mark Sanchez had. LOL

Hey the Niners are in the big game so I guess it's fair to say the trade worked out for them. Still I think paying a QB $25 million per year? to hand off is a bit much.

We'll see how he does if he has to match Mahomes point for point, pass attempt for pass attempt in the Super Bowl.

GO CHIEFS!

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Consider the subtleness of the sea; how its most dreaded creatures glide under water, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of azure. Consider also the devilish brilliance and beauty of many of its most remorseless tribes, as the dainty embellished shape of many species of sharks. Consider, once more, the universal cannibalism of the sea; all whose creatures prey upon each other, carrying on eternal war since the world began.

Consider all this; and then turn to the green, gentle, and most docile earth; consider them both, the sea and the land; and do you not find a strange analogy to something in yourself? For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half-known life. God keep thee! I messed up opening up this thread! Push not off from that isle, thou canst never return!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Patriots should've kept Jimmy G any which way possible especially considering a future without Tom Brady.

Bill Belichick was right in wanting to part ways with even Tom Brady in favor of developing and keeping Jimmy Garoppolo who's on the verge of leading his team to a SB win.

17-20, 183 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT QB Rating of 100+. And his team is up in the 3rd Quarter 20-10. Tom Brady during his first couple of postseason runs had games that weren't as good as Jimmy G's tonight.

Still only 28 years of age and people don't acknowledge this but he threw for more TD's this year than Patrick Mahomes. All he ever does is WIN with a career QB Rating of over 100.

While Tom Brady is on his way out of N.E, Jimmy Garoppolo is beginning to win super bowls and coach Belichick himself will be without a SB caliber Quarterback to continue building and winning around.

Belichick is fkd until he retires.

His #1 Defense won't be a #1 defense anymore without an offense than can keep them off the field while playing with a LEAD.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bad take 2 weeks ago, still a bad take now.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You already lost this thread. The Patriots have won two SB since trading Garroppolo and lost another on the final throw. Give it up.

CJLang and FJF like this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Talk to me in 3-5 years. Maybe as soon as next year. When the Patriots are at the bottom of our division.

The Patriots are dead without Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo would've continued their winning ways. He's winning tonight's SB MVP award.

Yes Brady won more SBs since trading Jimmy G but as far as the future is concerned N.E should've made Jimmy G the highest paid backup ever instead of trading him for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING they've got nothing back for him.

Life isn't always about the present but also the future. They should have LISTENED to Bill Belichick and kept Jimmy Garoppolo. He knew what he was talking about.

Put Jimmy G on this current Patriots team with a #1 defense and Jimmy G would've won it for N.E instead of San Francisco. Jimmy had a better year than Brady. You'd be an idiot to take Brady over Jimmy Garoppolo as of today and moving forward.