Super Bowl LIV discussion thread (POLL ADDED)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Who will win the game?

1. Chiefs

45.5%
  2. 49ers

51.5%
  3. Not Sure

3.0%
  1. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

February 2nd, 6:30PM FOX

Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Do you pick the better QB or the better D? I need to think about it for a while. What say you?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It has to be Andy Reid's time. Seventh championship game and second SB appearance and he has the best player in the game on his side.

I also think their offensive line stacks up the best of any team the 49ers have played since the Saints game and the Saints hung 45 on them. The Chiefs have 5 professional pass protectors.

And if they encounter an early onslaught they're equipped to come back.

I also see a lot of early money on the Chiefs moving the line and it'll come back to close to a pick'em by kickoff.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I'm going with 9ers as I think they can rush 4 and get to the QB ps Andy Reid has a gorilla on his back I say it has a good chance to stay there

JetsNation06 likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think the 49ers are the slightly better team but not by much. I think Mahomes will be the difference in the game, he is playing out of his mind right now and I think it will continue. The 49ers must jump ahead or else they will be in trouble.

Chiefs 30
    49ers 24

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love the 49ers with this one.

Kansas City has a great, great and great offense with Mahomes and A1 fire power behind him.

But San Francisco has an offense that can beat you with either Jimmy Garoppolo or a powerhouse rushing attack behind a great O-Line plus a stacked and elite defense (something K.C does not have).

San Francisco's Defense is great at what K.C's offense is great at. San Francisco ranks #1 against the pass the best pass defense in the league; just ask Aaron Rodgers (he came out confused during 1st half).

Defense behind a great run game still wins championships and San Francisco will prove that come Super Bowl Sunday. But San Francisco has more than just that; they have Jimmy Garoppolo too. This will become Patrick Mahomes biggest challenge to date but the same can not be said for Jimmy G as he's beaten and dominated much better than KC's defense.

San Francisco's pass defense has shut everyone down within the NFC where there are high powered gun slinging offenses throughout...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just like KC did yesteday - stop the run and make the QB beat you. Henry had 69 yards and didn't do much. They jumped out by 10 and it was over from that point because RT had to beat them. I think SF is the better team. Not sure who I'll be betting on in this one. For some reason it is reminding me of the Seattle vs Denver game where Seattle were +2 dogs.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

42-24 KC. I don’t see SF rushing for 200 plus against them and being able to hide Garapollo.

SF struggled to contain an average Seahawks team twice because of Russel Wilson; I don’t see how they are going to be able to contain Mahomes who is comparable to Wilson but even more athletic at this point, who has a much better offense.

Brook!, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Kc lay the point point and a half. and I like the over.

jilozzo likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that, in regards to the Seattle vs Denver game, but I dont think the 49ers defense is as good to pull something like that off. I also think Mahomes mobility really changes things, in the first half of yesterdays game, the Titans were getting pressure on Mahomes every single play yet he was able to move around, escape, and make plays.

Completely agree with this, San Fransisco will not be able to run like that, which will put the game on Garapollo. Garapollo WILL have to play a great game if they want to win, anything less than that, the 49ers dont win.

I also just don't see the 49ers defense being able to hold down Mahomes for 4 quarters. The Chiefs will explode for points at some point in the game.

10. dawinner127

My heart tells me that but my brain is telling me 49ers. They are just a complete football team man.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Niners are the more complete team, why anyone thinks that Garrapolo can’t lead them to a win is surprising.

Kyle Shannahan stuck with the run because the packers could not stop it, why abandon a strategy that works?

The Titans ran the ball for 70 yards against the Chiefs, it was Tanehills inability to carry them as a passer that doomed the Titans.

Mahomes cannot be stopped, I believe this will be a high scoring game coming down to a FG and the Niners will won the SB.

34-31 Niners.

#11 Red Menace, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..

Your Avatar says it all!!

If Mahomes manages to take down SF (and itsa big IF) then I predict NFL Legacy status for Patty Mahomes>>Chiefs Dynasty for Andy

Ill be kicking myself silly for posting we draft another player that Draft but still would get 2 Dart Boards for those Fools Mike Mcstupid and Toilet Bowles since they were paid to know better

#12 NYJetsO12, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the over will be flooded. i wonder if this will be like the pats/giants 14-10 style.

FJF likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Including two playoff games, Mahomes had 4 games (18 total games) under 20 completions. Mahomes had 3 games under 200 yards. This excludes the Denver game he got hurt in.

Garroppolo had 10 in 18 games. 8 games under 200 yards.

I think it's completely reasonable to think that he will not be able to lead them to victory until he consistently does it. He really hasn't had to do it all year sans the Saints game. So why would anyone think he'll be able to do it on the biggest stage?

Brook! and JetBlue like this.
  15. FJF

Always that fear when it looks like a sure shootout. mom getting in early though. That number might move quite a bit with the heavy action on over.

16. dawinner127

Heard this earlier on the radio and was absolutely shocked. Chiefs have had 20 drives on offense since the start of the playoffs. The first 3 vs Houston ended in punts. Since that point (17 drives) 12 have been touchdowns, 3 have been punts, 1 FG, and 1 kneel down. INSANE

Brook! and mark82 like this.
  17. FJF

I think kc is just too fast every where.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Reid will have some time or game management gaffe. Niners are more complete and they will be better prepared

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Leading a team to victory doesn’t mean he has to pass for 400 yards and 5 Tds, it’s about making big plays when they are needed.

He has been clutch for them when they have needed him, he doesn’t have a number one WR and yet Kittle had a 1000 yard season, and Deebo had 800 yards this year.

He passed for 4000 yards, 70% completion percentage, he has been very good for them.

They are what all SB winning teams should be, good in all three phases of the game.

On offense they were 2nd in points scored, 2nd in running the ball, 2nd in yards gained, over 50% on 3rd down conversions and on defense they were just as good.

I believe Mahomes is the better QB, but as a team, I believe the Niners are better.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Points definitely well taken. My question mark for the 49ers is what they're going to do if/when they're down 21-10 Midway through the 3rd. Or 13-0 in the fourth quarter.

He has much better receiving options than you give him credit for and the best run game play designer in the NFL.

Kittle is an All-Pro. He played at this same level without Garroppolo last year. Deebo Samuel is a budding superstar. Emmanual Sanders is a 2x Pro Bowler and apart of a top 5 offense of all time. He's slowed down but he's still a good player.

Garroppolo racks up short YAC throws to Deebo and Kittle. The first game vs. Seattle is the game I look to when I think about the amount of distrust I have in him. He had four opportunities to lead touchdown drives to win the game, against a bad defense that plays hard. He moved the ball 28 yards averagely per drive. He almost through an INT in overtime and then air mailed the following throw out of bounds with no pressure.

I just don't believe in him in big spots. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. But he has the worst happy feet I've ever seen. It reminds me of Geno.

Red Menace likes this.