17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Playing the championship game at home is still the biggest home game advantage in all of sports. More precise, getting a week off and playing 2 home games to make it is what Rex and Parcells didn’t make happen. I truly believe in 1998 if we play Denver at our house we’re in the big game and the same goes for one of Rex’s two runs. I’ve been saying it for 20 years and why I got season tickets in 1981, that’s what it’s all about.Seeing the KC fans and the post game ceremony literally brought me to tears because will never get there.

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Woody and company really screwed this one up big time. Never say Never but I can't argue with what you wrote 314. These imbeciles designed a Stadium architecturaly that will never be as loud as other stadiums solely because of it's bad design. Then you add in how Woody and friends got greedy and only cared about $$$$$$$ while they alienated and LOST the majority of their season ticket fan base ( see guys like me who can say without blinking an eye that I am "NEVER" going back ) and your post is money 314. At one time I was like you especially when I attended games and what I mean by that is that I cared but now I don't. Thats why when Brook and others ask me to go to games or to their tailgates, it's easy for me to say "no thanks" because I no longer care to attend games, I have zero interest . 314 in retrospect just think back to how loud the place WAS when we played the Packers on the last day of the season or when we beat the Jaguars in the playoffs, that was in the old place and I was there and I doubt anything at Met Life will ever compare to that as that game against the Packers was probably the loudest stadium I have ever been in, Thanks Woody.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Uncle C,

When I offer you to meet up at a Jets game is because I want to meet you and have a good time. Jets are just a vehicle for that. You break my heart. We can meet anywhere anytime. :)

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I get it and one of these days you and me and a bunch of these other guys on here might actually meet up but for me it will not be at MetLife. Maybe just for the goof we can all meet at a McDonalds :D

5. Brook!

I see. That's a brilliant idea.

Lunch at Florham Park McDonald's on a Saturday where the lady made fun of me for being fat. She is still working there. Just saw her last month.

@FJF @Cman65 @matt robinson 17 @GQMartin @zace @GreenFan15J

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I'd be down one day

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You bastard was that you ? Thats my niece !!!!

Brook! likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so you are at the point of NEVER going back. i remember when you gave them up there was a little trepidation and you went a few times a year. its easy to get over once you stop doing it every week. once it stops being a ritual in the fall. we didnt break that ritual though, woody did. never the same people around you, tailgates all messed up because of parking passes and rules. and it all, ALL boils down to selfish people trying to make more money and being idiots about the ways they do it.

jets fans need to refocus their anger and protests, stop bothering jamal adams, hes a great player. stop bothering adam gase, hes a sociopath and will be gone soon enough. the real problem is woody.

sell the team t shirts for all who enter the gates. sadly only about half of them are actually jets fans, and only half of those fans at this point even know who owns the team.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat I cant remember the last game that I attended,,,,,,and you are correct I was going to a few that 2nd year and I think I went to 1 or 2 that third year in the new place but I have not been to a Jet game since and I have zero desire to go to any now. I walked away and have zero regrets and yes you are correct that Woody and his sales office / ticket reps and greed destroyed the fan base it will NEVER be the same.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I want to meet some of you guys. I was hoping it would be at a tailgate but in honor of our hate for Woody, why can’t we meet at a bar and watch a Jet home game together. It would be appropriate

12. Brook!

I say we meet up for Draft Night at Metlife. We can tailgate together with the host of @GreenFan15J

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I meant for a regular season game. I don't do draft stuff. I watch it at home till we make the pick and go to bed. Its funny, its gotten to the point the last few years where I don't even think about what super bowl week would be like if the Jets were playing. It doesn't even enter my mind where in the past I would dream about it. Its not reality, its never going to happen and I am fine with it because there's nothing I can do about it. Its my destiny, my lesson in life as in " You can't always get what you want"

F WOODY X 2

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I should try to hunt it down, but a back page of either The NY post or The NY Daily News years back had a photo of Bart Scott captioned, 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU'. He crapped all over The New Dump. I'm going to go on a mission, even though I rarely look things up. I usually leave that to my slaves.

CBG likes this.
  15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't care what you say WHEN this team gets real good, and its November and were 9-2 and we have a home game against the Bills who also 9-2, and someone offers you a free ticket with great seats, and the weather is perfect, your going because this might be the year. And after 35-40 years of waiting and going... why miss out.

CBG likes this.
  16. alleycat9

not me, not at this point. i actually prefer to watch at home at this point.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314, let me try and put many thoughts into one reply. I cant speak for anyone but myself --> and let me put it this way = I am a huge Islander fan and I had season tix at times for hockey games but it got to the point where I did not go to a single Islander hockey game for many years ,just like my current Jet situation. The Islanders were rumored to be sold a few times and I prayed that the rumors were true as the owners sucked ( much like the Jets ) and at one point they were rumored to be moving to KC and I could care less so long as they would have been headed in the right direction management wise. The Hockey team was sold and the new owners hired an excellent GM and they also hired a guy who is arguably the best coach in hockey in Barry Trotz, and I started going to games once again. This is EXACTY how I feel about the Jets as I have lost all interest ( just go look at the # of posts I put up in Jet threads ) sure I occasional post in the threads but I'm pretty much done. If they Johnsons moved the team away tomorrow I would not care. Never say never as maybe the Johnsons get lucky and hire someone to coach who has a clue but let's be real Adam Gase aint that guy. Maybe Joe Douglas is the real deal but that remains to be seen and in the end the clueless owners ( who by the way I fucking despise ) who shit on every single season ticket holder including myself are still here. Maybe by some act of God the Johnsons sell the team but I do not see that happening. 314 I no longer get excited for the draft or for when the schedule is released or for opening day, it sounds crazy and my friends and family are amazed at how disenchanted I have become with Jet football. When I think about this now I laugh = In almost 30 years I possibly missed 5 home games, if that many --> now I don't attend a single game! On Sundays I watch other games on the NFL Ticket rather than watch these Jets. I have been offered great seats many times for opening day and other supposedly big home games and I have turned them down. Friends of mine have gone on road trips and offered me tickets even air fare and rooms and I have turned them down. If the owners ever sell I might start going to games again but I will NEVER be a season ticket holder again EVER --> I walked away with zero regrets. Now a days I come to TGG to talk to a few of you guys and chime in on weather and talk a little hockey not for Jet football. So to answer you IF the team is sold I will be happy to meet you guys at a game or If they hire a legit coach and turn this around you guys might see me at a home game but I will NEVER purchase season tickets again and as they are currently constructed with the Johnsons owning and Gase coaching I think that you ( 314 ) and I both know and understand that we will not be seeing each other any time soon at Met Life for a Jet game. Wake me up when they fire Adam Gase, thats when we can have this conversation again. If the Jets are 9 - 2 next season and playing Buffalo or New England at Met Life for 1st place , I will come on the site after Apple Picking or walking the trails at Bear Mountain to find out who won the game, I am done.

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Cool, I am also and Islander fan but from NJ. I go see them in Newark. I knew your answer after I posted. I will never get seasons but if we get good I’ll go to selected games. I don’t care who owns the team or is the coach if we win

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314, I agree I don't really care who the coach is so long as he can win and put the players in situations to succeed. I would love to have been wrong about Gase but so far the guy shows me zilch. Maybe I see you at a hockey game one of these days

20. alleycat9

the ownership has disrespected the fans so much with the new mausoleum that i think alot of us just feel like you fucked us after we supported you for decades and now you can suck a fat one. and i can only hope that it somehow comes back to bite them in the ass. yes i am going to be petty about this one. sadly, the other teams fans and the folks who just want to go because its the cool thing to do still put money in their pockets and in reality they make so damn much off of the tv rights that the stadium being full or not really doesnt even matter that much.

id also hate for football to lose popularity, because even though i am not the biggest nfl fan, goodell annoys me as much as woody, if the nfl goes down in popularity the chances for football being viable at any level will diminish. its already to the point where we have fans who want more peds so they can watch guys kill themselves but wouldnt allow their kids to play. which is a fucked up attitude in all honesty.

CBG likes this.