Not totally jets related but....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 14, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

are we rooting for the titans right now? i mean we got them in the playoffs by beating pitt. they knocked out the pats in foxborough, they took down the league MVP in baltimore. they are the 6 seed with tannehill at QB, an ex pats LBer as a head coach and really are the team that doesn't belong. reminds me a lot of us during the rex/sanchez years. being a jets fan who are always underdogs, it's nice to see the underdogs win.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I am rooting for anyone that doesn't have Rodgers playing for them...... wouldn't mind seeing ole Andy win one..... Titans wouldn't bother me either as Henry has earned some recognition..... and Jimmy G would be a kick in the teeth to Belecheat...

3. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Only problem in the Titans going all the way would be in people wondering why a SB winning QB was so awful at his last place of employment where he had the help of a QB 'Guru'.

4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Because he didn't have Henry to carry him. The Tannehill hype is getting kinda old, he played good when he wasn't injured in miami. Look at stats, watch games.... he wasn't "awful" he was hurt...

#4 J-Raw24, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I liked the Oilers...so why the fuck not.

But I ain't betting any money on 'em.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm going for San Francisco.

I want N.E fans and Belichick and Brady to see Jimmy G win a super bowl at the same time as Brady leaves New England for another team; EPIC.

And clueless one's. Stop pretending as if Tanny is lighting it up (as a shot @ Gase) like a Jimmy G, Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers etc because he's not. It's all about Tennessee's run game with Henry behind a talented O-Line and a fast/hard hitting Defense. Tanny was a good Quarterback in Miami surrounded by a shitty team (due to Miami's front office since Marino, not because of Gase lol) and now he's a little better as a game manager (with Tennessee) due to experience, knowledge and more importantly; finally 100% healthy. But he's not some QB who just broke out into an All-Pro gun slinger "once escaping Gase", wrong; it's because he escaped Miami. And he's still just a game manager enjoying a career year and 99.9% sure he shits the bed the next coming years once losing to K.C (because he's not Mahomes and never was and never will be). Oh yea. Tanny & Tennessee had a cakewalk cupcake schedule this year.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Brady leaves for another team, he already signed a 2yr deal with the Patriots

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

He did not sign another 2 year deal with N.E. His wife just had all of her stuff cleared out of Gillette Stadium and they just moved into another home. Brady just played his last game a Patriot and his last pass; a pick 6. He's a free agent and can not be tagged - he's leaving for another team.

9. GasedAndConfused

i mean he threw for less then 200 yards total in 2 games. they are winning with ball control, run game, and defense. tannehill is about as important to that team as sanchez was for the jets in 2009/2010

Acad23 likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I have a friend who keeps pointing this out to me every game the Titans win. When I checked, Tannehill was 7 of 14 last week. He's playing well, but it's not as if it's lights out. I like the way they're running the offense, but I don't see a Gase indictment.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Honestly, as a devout Pats hater, Mike Vrabel was always on the short list of Pats I didn't hate. It's a pretty short list: Vrabel, Mike Haynes, Tippet, Hannah, Curtis Martin, and Klecko's kid.

12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

My own take on Tannehill is he's a good QB in that he won't win or lose you games but will keep your team ticking along and let your gamebreakers (whether that's Henry or Ajayi) decide the result.

My Problem with Gase is that I think he's pretty much the same in that he's a 7-9 to 9-7 guy and doesn't bring your team on or develop players to be any more then they are. However he's here for the next 2 to 3 years with a big voice in roster construction so hopefully we can find a couple of guys that can perform to All-Pro level.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're expecting another two or three years while moldering in .500 territory?

May god have mercy on our souls.

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

There is no god

Acad23 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Tannehill were on the Jets and playing like he is on the Titans, you'd be comparing him to the second coming of Peyton Montana.

TonyFtLaud and Ralebird like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wrong. He's completed a whopping 15 passes during Tennessee's two playoff wins (and barely over 50% completion percentage lol).

In other words Tennessee is making sure to keep the ball out of his hands while letting Henry win the games and run the ball 64 times for almost 400 yards.

You're wrong again.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I stopped reading at "And clueless ones." For real? So says the closet Miami fan. You called it!

18. GasedAndConfused

tannehill is sanchez from 2009/2010 all they need him to do is not fuck it up.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think it was an isolated comment as to what YOU would think of him. Not the entire Jets community.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Peyton Montana's 5th year progression was far less than Ryan Tannehill's :D