Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gase better use his players better if he wants to change the culture IMO. Gotta hope for the best, I agree with this. Gase is going to get another year to prove himself.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I read an article on line today in the NY Post where Costello says that AG and Joe D were at the locker room door and laughing it up. He goes on to say that their seems to be real synergy between them and the new president of the club that he hasn't seen in years. Having said that maybe there is a plan and the team will get better players next year. My hope is that it will.

As others have pointed out we have a new coaching staff, new O and D and we have been decimated by injuries and one game away form being 7-9. That would be an amazing trick given all the injuries, loss to winless teams and playing a 3rd string QB.

I thought we would get beat yesterday but we didn't so kudos to the coaching staff and players esp M. Maye. I still believe AG is not a good coach for all the reasons I have posted this year but he will be back next year so irrespective of my personal feelings on the subject and the schedule, this team better play better and BE MORE consistent - O & D... oh yea, have a better record maybe even the dam PO.

Funny story, my wife thinks I am a fool for being a Jet fan. Year in year out misery yelling about stupid PC, missed assignments, etc. Usually she leaves the house to go shopping or whatever and yesterday when she came home and I told her the final score, she said, "sorry." Think about that. I never realized how the team's losses over the years have affected her too...LOL.

dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, show who you are quoting when you type this: "But somehow the game plan and the win was not satisfactory for some because we didn't win 42-10."

That's not a discussion of football, it's a complaint about other fans; it's a dishonest argument. It is a STRAWMAN.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFan10 like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sorry morse

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tell me how Gase displeased you in a 16-10 win over a playoff bound team instead of arguing bullshit semantics like you always do.

It's called hyperbole. Are there not still complaints about Gase after a win?

The thing is that you turn every single debate into a semantics argument to deflect from the fact that you know very little about football. Which is why I have no idea you even post on a football forum because you literally never discuss football.

And once again here we are. You're doing it again and haven't posted about the actual game of football in the past 50 pages of this thread. Go back and read your own nonsense.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can't speak for other posters, but I think Gase did a pretty good job against Pittsburgh. I also still think Gase is a bad coach and keeping him is a mistake. Even bad coaches (and players for that matter) can have good games.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i think he's a bad coach too, but I want to give him 1 more year to see sam in his system and to see what he can do without the crazy injuries we've had this year and with an improved o-line

FJF likes this.
  8. Ralebird

I never said he did. You made that up. That is a classic STRAWMAN argument. Hyperbole is just another word for bullshit. It's not about semantics, it's about being honest and once again you have failed at that.

And yes, there are still complaints about Gase after a win, many of them warranted; it's not like a single win makes all the losses go away and it's not likely that a single win makes him considerably more qualified for the job he got handed to him.

What you understand as "literally" is far from it; you appear not to understand the meaning of the word. You get to decide what you post and I get to decide what I post. The difference being I don't make up things about you and other posters while that is your constant modus operandi as evidenced above.

Perhaps you should confine your comments to your self-claimed superior experience and knowledge of football and quote statistics exclusively while keeping away from any subjective drawing of conclusions because you fail miserably at that. Do that rather than attempting to categorize everyone else here, particularly those who don't buy into your blind allegiance to an unequipped coaching disaster.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

There we go again. Another argument about something that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened on the field. It's the third time you've derailed a thread with utter fucking nonsense. Congratulations.

10. Ralebird

Why don't you start your own thread dedicated to statistics only and your view of what went on between the lines; expose us all to your vast experience with the Jets and football knowledge in general? There's plenty of people here who look at the bigger picture, but do so without making shit up.

#3130 Ralebird, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't need to. I use these threads to discuss football. And I've asked you several times to tell me what you do and do not like about what the coach does. And the best you can come up with is trying to read between the lines of a fluff piece on Darnold going into Gase's office to be assertive.

And you continue with more utter nonsense. What a waste of time.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Buffalo has clinched a Playoff spot so their game with us is absolutely meaningless...I don't even know if Josh Allen plays a series

Who is their backup QB??.. I have no idea lol

I foresee another 157 pages of Gase discussion and playcalls if we manage to lose an easy cakewalk come Sunday

Frankly, I am more afraid of Greg Williams interest in a HC job when he gets eligible post season than an unforeseen loss to Bills

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Feel free to put me on ignore. I don't need to answer whatever you feel like asking.

In case though, you might actually be interested in my thoughts rather than creating them yourself like you have done above, for a change, I have stated countless times since Gase was named the head coach that his resume is inferior and hiring him was a mistake. I also said I would take a wait and see attitude, which I have, I have seen nothing to change my mind. Gase is still a loser coach with a losing record and I see little or no consistent progress while seeing disturbing signs that confirm what came out of Miami during his tenure there.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay.

@FJF wants to give him another year. So does, @101GangGreen101 and @BrowningNagle . 3 folks with better football acumen then me. I am an emotional Jet fan. That said. I rest my case. Gase for 1 more year. If he starts the season 2-6 again I will ban all three permanently.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey...nobody told you to buy those season tickets...:p

dawinner127, Ralebird and Brook! like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got duped by the Johnsons :(

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We all did...

dawinner127, BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  18. Ralebird

Nope.

I was duped by Leon Hess.

joe, BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

man there is a lot of whining there

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member