I’m Done as a STH after 39 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Dec 22, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That and a handful of pennies won't get me on the subway. Fck that FO. I mean it.

#41 jetophile, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  2. jetophile

It's probably hovering around 20% now. Just a guess, but I'm probably not far off

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Old enough to have seen the end of the Garden and the beginning of the Jets.

Brook! likes this.
  4. jetophile

Look on the bright side. The crickets are louder than the crowd noise.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

50 years. My Dad and Uncle got them in '67. I gave them up in 2017. My Dad's 85 now and he doesn't blame me for giving them up. Like he always says, shit franchise.

#45 JetsNation06, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well NCJ to be honest it took me far too long to get my priorities in order but better late than never

Brook! and Sec124DieHard like this.
  7. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

A few of you have lamented that the Jets will never be a first class organization without their own stadium. Nothing personal, but frankly I just dont understand that sentiment. Who cares what happens at the stadium on the other 355 days a year that the Jets aren't playing?

As long as the stadium is a quality place to go (and I am not saying the the new Meadowlands is) i think it just makes sense economically to have both NFL teams in the same vicinity play in the facility. Why blow another $2‐$3B on another stadium, especially when an NFL stadium in the Northeast is probably used 50 dates a year - if that?

You could complain about the stadium bring far from the "traditional fanbase" on Long Island. That I understand. However, the mere fact of sharing a football stadium shouldn't be an issue IMHO - unless you are treated as a second class tenant, which I don't think is the case now.

Of course, I left NJ 34 years ago :).

Vida, Sec124DieHard and CBG like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Johnny I can give many reasons why they should not share a stadium with the Giants but here is a very simple one and I realize it does not happen often but if and when the Giants and Jets play AGAINST EACH OTHER and The G men are the home team = The Jets have to move to the other Locker room and act as If they are at an away game not to mention what that Idiot Rex Ryan did when he covered up anything NYG related when the Giants were the road team during his ERROR not era.........

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Interesting to see if there are more current season ticket holders here or former season ticket holders.

Put me down for the latter.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Black and Blue tour changed my life

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

100% agreed. Totally understand the sentiment when it was “Giants” Stadium, but thats no longer the case. If the Jets were perennial contenders and the stadium experience was a bit better, we could share that place with a different team every day of the week and it wouldnt matter. On OUR game day the place would be all green and loud AF

Vida likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Last Sunday was a gorgeous day weather-wise. Great tailgate (E19). Great seats albeit in a shit section (3rd row, corner of endzone sec.118--where the Jets come onto the field). Didn't have that many "New Jersey licence plate" Steeler fans waving their "terrible tampons" around us but those that were, what a bunch of whining front-running phonies ("imma call security"..."go ahead and btw, Fck you"). What did suck was seeing (from our vantage point) the lower deck on the Pittsburgh sideline looking and sounding like Heinz Field - it was a Jet-fan-turned-StubHub embarrassment. The day this organization gets some honest, good ol' fashioned thug ownership (read: DiBartolo-types) to ruthlessly 'up the ante' will be a good day for all. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kawanza - you're all awesome.

#52 joe, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  13. jetophile

Haha, 85 years old and the Jets still make him grumpy. It's really a shame. The Jets had absolutely no regard for long time STHs. Zero. It was all of the small things that added up to one big pile of shit that finally pushed me over the edge. I was so conflicted because I promised my Daddy that I would never give up the tickets, and when he became sick many years ago he signed them over to me strictly to prevent that. He didn't want me to lose them or have the Jets take them away from me somehow. Those games were our father/daughter bond, and I went to my first Jets game when I was 6 years old. I'm 55 now, turning 56 in February.

So guess what I did as a safeguard? I got my seniority in writing all the way back in 1994, and then I made sure to get it again right when talk of the WSS started up. Smart, right? Well, they fckd it up, anyway, and gave the seats that I picked to someone else who had seniority after me. Even though I was able to prove it they refused to budge because those seats had already been assigned and they weren't going to bump them over their own goddamn mistake. Strike one of many.

Also thanks to Woody the Cheapskate, not only did long-term season ticket holders get bankrupted out of comparable seats in The New Dump, he stripped us of transfer rights as a form of coercion to buy in to a PSL. Fck him then, fck him now.

Bottom line is, as conflicted as I was, what the hell was I holding on to them for after being repeatedly treated like dogshit? I especially liked it when they hung it over my head that I had to pay in full because I missed the four payment deadline by two days because of 2 successive deaths in the family. They refused to make an exception even though I offered to provide a copy of a death certificate. I paid it, but it festered all season long; and last year when I got my invoice that was peppered with a bunch of lies and bullshit shenanigans I finally told them to go fuck themselves.

I should re-post a copy of that letter and highlight every single lie that's on it. After a lot of soul-searching I realized that I really wasn't letting my Daddy down. He would have called them up and told them to go fck themselves years ago and hung up in their faces. In reality, he's probably disappointed I took so goddamn long. I tempered that with a lot of prank phone calls. Think I'm lying? Think again.

BomberJet, Brook!, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  14. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

For some reason when you bring up the fans getting fed up with teams and prices the talking heads Kay Francesca
    And the print press say the teams make their money on TV contracts not game attendance.
    If that is the case why do the stadiums feel the need to rip off the fans, parking, concession prices, Piece of shILs,
    Our grief goes on and on.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

NYjetsO12:

Congrats on your decision. The reasons you laid out are 100% correct. Invest your money in more enjoyable things. The NFL, while entertaining at times, does not care about you the fan. PSLs are a prime example.

Adam Gase the ‘head coach of the Jets’ just admitted in public that he “ doesn’t give a **** about the fans or what they think because he’s rich “. If you had any doubts about your decision that statement right there should be the cherry on the sundae.

Truth is mostly everybody in Gase’s position feels the same way - they just keep it to themselves. I guess Gase gets brownie points for being honest ...

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Gave up my seasons when they built the Air Conditioner.

I was not going to pay a PSL on 6 seats and I certainly wasn’t going to sit in the upper deck of that monstrosity where Row 1 in the top deck is higher than the last row in the old stadium.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  17. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Pro tip for future game day and concert endeavors: Take the train from Secaucus junction. Don’t drive to Metlife. Ever.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

my experience is the opposite. The train is horrendous post games.

AJW, Brook! and zace like this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Every team does them now not just the jets

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I never have a problem getting to the turnpike to head home. It's much better than just about every other route

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.