Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ny Jets 16- Pittsburgh 10. yup, that "quite" happened. sorry if it hurts your feelings

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Our defense played well. Our offense almost lost it for us several times because they can't get more than field goals and punts. Even with a goos defense Big Ben would have put up just enough to beat us. Williams is using 3rd string players as well, with legit starters we could have won by more, but again thanks to defense.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You know what you’re saying is dumb so I won’t pretend you’re actually trying to make this point. Carry on everyone.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, carry on with your PMSing about Adam Gase. its exhausting and pathetic, get a hobby bro

5. J-Raw24

Again. The defense won that. You know the part of the team Gase has nothing to do with. They won it will Gase kept trying to lose it.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

No, I want billboards every three seasons and a new coach every other week.

Jets fans are fucking morons sometimes.

bicketybam and FJF like this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Gase can’t win with the fans that never wanted him here and now would rather see him fail and be right than succeed and be wrong.

The way this game was going the only way the Steelers were gonna win it was with their D making big plays and Gase managed a very conservative game plan to prevent that.

Guess what? It worked and we just beat a playoff contender and severely damaged their chances.

8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I just want to be a respectable team. If Gase makes strides next year and suddenly we're a contender, great. I don't give a damn if it's under Gase or someone else. I just don't have faith that he's ever going to do that. I think that next year we're either to regress badly or match our performance from this year. Either way, I don't think we're going anywhere under him. While we did beat the Stealers and Cowboys, we also didn't even offer a challenge to two of the worst teams in the league, and got destroyed by other extremely weak teams. It's on him to prove us doubters wrong.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well not all Jet fans are morons. But I am a moron for two reasons. 1) Being a Jets season ticket holder this season. 2) Donating money to billboard guys. I feel like a moron no lie. But D, you can't really think Gase is the answer. Come on man.

94Abraham likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

in terms of next year, right off the bat our schedule is going to be much tougher. We got extremely lucky playing a lot of bad teams this year but it’s not going to be the same way next year. We have to play the Seahawks on the road, Chargers on the road, Chiefs on the road, Rams on the road and that’s on top of having the 49ers in general and two games against the Pats. Considering Gase is a bad head coach, there’s massive potential for a severe drop off.

11. Dierking

Well, there are probably more reasons than that, but why quibble.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree with you at all with your first statement. I also want the Jets to be respectable with or without Gase. Since Gase is the HC now and likely will be next year I’m rooting for it to be with him.

Talent wise, especially with the crazy amount of injuries the Jets have had this year, they are one of the worst teams in the league. Those losses, I’d also include the Jags loss in there too were brutal losses but the fact that they will finish with more wins than all those horrible teams with as bad or worse talent is a positive for Gase.

One thing no one can deny is this team did not quit on Gase after a 1-7 start and have continued to play hard throughout the year. That is also a positive for Gase.

13. Brook!

Good word play. You still didn't answer. Why still want Gase back?

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I see your ability to make straw man arguments is still strong.:rolleyes:

Why do you always frame it as "black or white"? Is it because that's all Gas is capable of, either we run the ball, or we pass the ball?

Sure, I understand trying to run the ball, and especially getting Bell involved more. No problem with that. But there was too much of it. Is that hard to understand as a criticism? Mist of his plays are so predictable, I'm wondering i opposing teams have a way to pick up the radio signal from his headset.

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  15. J-Raw24

Again there has to be some kinda of Gase hate in the locker room. As someone posted earlier there is a report stating the locker room had given up on Gase but backed Williams. Then there is the Ed Reed twitter video. I honestly think the defense is only playing for Williams and themselves and despise Gase. That said our Defense has looked very good considering the devastating injuries. The defense has had more injuries than the offense but is still our best unit.

16. Brook!

By the way. Since we are playing words and taking shots, aren't you the idiot who tried to claim superiority for being a dentist. A fucking dentist. Lol.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I see your ability to ignore game situations is equally as strong. There's no straw man so shut up with that. It's childish. Every play call Gase makes is wrong. He runs the ball too much he runs the ball too little. Darnold struggled a ton with his accuracy today and missed throws throughout the middle of the game. So we go to the running game that was working early minus the one big Bell loss and he's wrong for that?

You can't change what you want him to do based on the hindsight results. Everyone cried about him fucking throwing the ball too much. So he tries to attack a defense that is better against the pass than it is the run and forces tons of QB turnovers and you're still complaining.

It's unbelievable really. You didn't like the hire. Get over it. He's done a pretty decent job given the depth and injury issues and overall talent deficiencies.

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. Do you enjoy anything? We just beat an 8-6 #6 seed and somehow the coach still did everything wrong. It's so annoying.

bicketybam likes this.
  18. Dierking

He got Mac fired.
    He ruthlessly cut bait on underachieving stiffs like Darren Lee and Jachai Politte.
    He’s secure enough to put up with Greg Williams as DC.
    The offense looks like it actually practices it’s opening drives.
    He’s coming back next season regardless, so openly campaigning for him to be fired is beyond pointless.

He’s probably going to be a failure. Almost everyone else has been. But give the guy a fucking chance. This isn’t a good team he’s working with.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Not quite. Pittsburgh had scrub Hodges at QB today.

20. Dierking

I’m surprised after all this time you still don’t get the joke. Oh wait.