17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Truth

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Preseason was never free, but they were an optional purchase for most of the Hess ownership years. I don't remember exactly what year they became part of the season ticket package but it could very well have been when Parcells became coach. I remember selling my preseason seats around that time, so that's probably about right. Regarding $10 parking, that makes sense because it is in-line with the ticket prices. The $25 ticket price seems on the low side, so maybe that was the price for the first year or two at Giants stadium in the mid-eighties. In '79 my seats were $9, but in 1980 they went WAY up to $11. By the time they left Shea they probably were probably still less than $20, so now that I'm thinking out loud your $25 probably is right up until the 1990's.

Yeah, the parking pass thing SUCKS. It's unnecessary, and really just a way to collect parking money in advance, and to cash in on that even when you stop going to games late in the season (and of course preseason) when they're way out of it. They were able to sneak that in while the stadium was being built and used the excuse of the lost parking spots.

CBG likes this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

F everyone part of this team. Were going to end up 5-11. What a decade. Thanks Johnson Brothers. Can't wait for Woody to come back

CBG and Brook! like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

as of right now Tickets vs the Steelers this Sunday are going for $35

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This tells more about the Steeler fans honestly. We as Jet fans don't buy tickets even when it is $6. This is on Steeler fans actually.

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes Brook agreed I think the prices will only go down from here by Sunday time will tell

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i can only imagine what the percentage of seats were that had steeler fans in them.

CBG likes this.
  9. facorsig

facorsig New Member

I was a new upper deck season ticket holder this past season. Id like to move to lower deck end zone corner. If anyone here is selling PSL, I might be interested. My sense is the market is very soft and im looking to buy at a steep discount.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. Brook!

Check this place out. There are tons of PSL's going under face

https://www.seasonticketrights.com/New-York-Jets/Personal-Seat-Licenses/for-sale.aspx

11. facorsig

facorsig New Member

Ill look there, but might be best for both seller and I to avoid their 10% fee to seller and 10% to buyer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Why on earth would ANYONE want to purchase a PSL at regular price or at a reduced rate ? Im sorry fella this makes ZERO sense to me when you can buy seats for a fraction of the cost without any cock a mammy PSL attached to them. I don't care what anyone tells me = a PSL is a bad / losing investment and there is zero reason or incentive to purchase one.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

In other news I cannot wait until next Spring after Free Agency and the Draft when people come on to this thread and start buying into the hype again ! Rinse Repeat I am so glad I gave up my season tickets and never bought a cock a mammy PSL. After having season tickets for decades and walked away with zero regrets and I have never ever looked back.

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. alleycat9

its crazy how fandom can cloud ones vision of what is. i dont see ANY redeeming qualities of buying seasons especially those with a psl attached. at any price. only things that people COULD say are playoff games and being in the same seat but we dont appear to be headed to the playoffs soon and you may be in the same seat but the seats around you will be full of different opposing fans every week. what are we 10 years in on the mausoleum, what an absolute abortion.

sec314 and CBG like this.
  15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bad job by me. The record not the Thanks to douche bags. Good riddance to this decade. As a Jet, Yankee and Islander fan not one championship. Happy New Year fellas and ladies.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So there are 2 big playoff games today and 2 more tomorrow so what time are the Jets playing ? Forget about actually playing in a home playoff game as those occur less frequently than BIGFOOT sightings how about a play-off game period ? Its been almost a decade since we were in the playoffs and its been 50 damn years since a Super Bowl appearance ! Good luck getting there with the brothers Johnson owning this team and Gase coaching because Joe Douglas could be a rocket scientist but this dude is really up against it and should Joe actually be a putz like all the others then Jet fans could be looking into the NEXT decade for hope. I am so glad that I never bought a COCK A MAMMY P S L and beyond happy that I gave up my JET season tickets as I have never ever looked back with one single regret. Thanks and F U Woody

17. Brook!

I actually decided to invest in PSL's and move to lower bowl. Jets ascension to play offs has started.

facorsig likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF IF IF you did this , then enjoy and have fun Brook. As far as playoffs go = the only way the New York Jets are going to a playoff game ( never mind the Super Bowl ) is if they purchase tickets to attend the game.

mgallagher465 and Brook! like this.
  19. alleycat9

evan was on the radio today talking about why attendance at nfl games is down. i almost called and told him exactly why its down.

psls, 75 dollar seats in the early 2000s are now 7500 psls and 400 a game. oh wait 200 a game on secondary market, the fact that parking is more difficult and more expensive, that everyone got moved and there are opposing fans next to everyone instead of people who have been going to the games and seeing each other 8 times a year for decades. the bullshit views and the obnoxious food in a generally depressing building that has absolutely no fucking personality.

fuck the mausoleum and fuck the johnson brothers. so many poor people got duped, and the rest of us lost something that we once loved to the greed of the rich.remember that asshole that bid 60k on the seats that were auctioned. fucking dipshit.

mgallagher465 and CBG like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat I just saw this post of yours and I could not agree with it more.

alleycat9 likes this.