Report - Jets Trying To Trade Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you can't trade bell. you would get pennies on the dollar for him. he looks slow and he's got $15 million coming. nobody is gonna trade for that

He's got one more year left before there is an out. Just roll with it

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that, but I think he has more value to us, in this situation, than he does a trade chip. He's been a good soldier too (as far as we know), so I just think unless were overwhelmed with an offer he should stay. I think a better OL and better coaching would deliver the HOF RB he used to be.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hope you are right...because ATM Bell has become just another guy Mac overpayed for

Lol I wood be a good soldier too with 10s of millions coming to my bank account smh!

You know the Jets can't count on better coaching for LB and Gase never wanted him ; but just installing a better OL to give him some room to run through has to work or we have been had by Bell and his Agent imo

Let all be honest, His contract is too heavy for any team to consider taking him off our hands...we are stuck with this guy...and Gase better make the best of it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

luxury? young talent is a need not a luxury for us. the Abraham trade worked out ok for both sides but that's pretty rare. abraham was also unaffordable and oft injured and we had ellis as a pass rusher. we couldn't pay him so we moved him. adams has 2 years left on his deal. we have money to pay him and the chances of us landing someone of his or mangolds caliber is pretty slim.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Getting an All-Pro center with the 29th pick in the draft is a huge lucky break that rarely happens in Jet Land.

Trading away an all star pass rusher for what is essentially a second round pick sounds about right for this team.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly.

Some Jet fans want to draft a playe for him to become good to great, just so after being developed we can trade him on order to draft potential busts while leaving a major hole at Safety lol it's laughable.

Trade JAMAL ADAMS for two first rounders? So we can draft guys like Devin Smith, Dee Milliner and Mo Wilk with those lottery ball draft picks? What a joke.

Only a 3rd year stud. Yet to reach max untapped potential. A Pro Bowler. Guaranteed 1st Team All-Pro this year. The FACE of our defense. A cornerstone defender. Was on pace to break a defensive backfield record amongst all CBs, SSs and FSs for most sacks all time. A fierce pass rusher coming from out of the secondary/front 7/outside and geniuses are really wanting to trade him for random draft picks? Mind boggling.

Fk your two picks. I'm keeping Adams long term ala a current Pro Bowler, soon to be 2019 1st Team All-Pro and a potential HOF defensive great while trying to hit with our upcoming picks.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If you keep posting, Adams will sign for a record-breaking contract and get hurt/turn into a locker-room cancer the moment he signs it.

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I can see this either way but a trade for the sake of a trade is wrong. I think they pay him for two reasons. He shows they drafted and kept talent and 2 the owner, i think the Johnson's will keep him because he makes the team relevant for them.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If he doesn't know how to use Bell then should sit down and watch film of the Steelers for a week. He's one of the most versatile players in the league, it's a bad sign for the Jets if Gase can't figure it out.

Also, I don't think the compensation the Jets would get for him is worth dishing him. The Jets would probably have to eat a portion of his salary in 2020 to trade him.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the Jets should trade Adams, but I think there's a hole in your reasoning. If the Jets to continue to waste high draft picks on guys like Devin Smith, Dee Millner and Mo Wilk, the team is doomed whether it keeps Adams or moves him. The only hope is that Douglas knows how to draft wisely. If he does, moving Adams for draft picks is an idea worth considering. If Douglas can't draft well, it really doesn't matter. For the last decade, the draft has been the Jets' Achilles heel. If the Jets keep Adams but don't dramatically improve their drafts, Adams simply becomes an example of Mike Trout syndrome (a really good player on a perennially lousy team).

#290 Since1969, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And I don't think Adams would go quietly into the night like Trout has.

Your post is spot on though. Keep him or deal him, we need to improve drafting. Usually giving yourself more chances at it improves your odds.

Adams effects a game. But is he worth $18 million a year as a run stopping/blitzing strong safety? He doesn't make teams throw away from his side of the field. Neither of our safeties do. Which is the overriding issue with having two safeties that don't pick balls off or knock down a ton of passes.

Maye does his job. But if the ball is anywhere near him he's absolutely lost. Adams is good in man coverage but really doesn't affect the game if he's in a cover 2 or robber coverage.

12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

No way he makes 18 million. Atm highest paid safety makes 14.1 million. Still would be high bit safeties don't make corner pay.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

True. I overshot a little bit. I imagine he will look to make more than Landon Collins though. With the cap going up and a new CBA coming I'd imagine he'll look for $15-$16 million per.

14. J-Raw24

Last year cap went up. Bayrd got his contract. 14.1 million... 100k more than collins.. it won't jump that much

15. J-Raw24

Still though 14 million on a blitzing safety thats ok in coverage is equivalent to a right tackle.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wrong. You don't trade Adams for "more picks". You keep Adams, build around him (and Darnold) and simply HIT on our draft picks. Simple as that.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

C'mon man! We need to trade him away fast, so we can draft the next Pryor/Milliner/Coples/Gholston/Brady/Thomas/Vick....!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. J-Raw24

I agree. Unless they get a deal that just can't be passed up, Adams stays. If he is willing to stay and be a team player no reason to let him go. We have a few years before we have to sign him and we can fit his contract in especially with the cap going up non stop. Would make more since to sign him soon for 14.5 million than in a few years when cap is even higher.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Would you trade him for Mangold and Cotchery? Because that's the line of thinking of anyone who would be willing to trade him for two picks is.

If we get another pick we can take Biadasz in the late-first without missing the opportunity to fill a tackle spot in the top ten and a right tackle or edge rusher in the second.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. J-Raw24

I still don't see a center in round one. I like Biadasz. I think Humphrey would be better for us. And Mangold was a once in a life time talent. What is the chance of us scoring that good again. Also I don't see us scoring on a great 2nd round or later WR. For every Cotchery there's a Stephen Hill. I think if Douglas was proven at drafting yes. But his first year to give up top talent for a maybe? No. We have time. Wait a year, Adams stock can only go up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.