OBJ: Let the Clickbait Begin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

You knew it was only a matter of time before this shit began because OBJ guarantees clicks. SNY is now speculating about the Jets trading for OBJ, who wants out of Cleveland. To me, it would be the stupidest move possible to give up valuable draft picks for this guy. He's an attention-hungry diva who's starting to appear injury-prone and who has been a major distraction wherever he's been. To pair this headcase with a developing QB like Darnold would be nuts.

But it does bear watching. Some of us believe one of the Jets' biggest problems has been meddling ownership bringing in star power to get attention, create a buzz and stroke ownership's ego even when those moves make no football sense. Examples would be bringing in Tebow, the second coming of Revis, and signing Bell. Trading for OBJ would be such a stupid move but such a perfect Woody move that we should probably start a pool on what day the trade is finalized.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Signing Bell and Revis made perfect football sense. When you can sign elite players, or at the very least high end players, you do it. That’s not the same as trading for someone though. Especially someone coming off a poor season who can’t stay out of the headlines no matter where he is.

This also has 0.0% chance of happening

BacktoQueens likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

No thanks, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about the odds. I'm praying it's just meaningless clickbait.

I disagree, however, on Revis and Bell. Revis was signed to a multi-year contract at a point when his skills were declining but his me-first/business-decision attitude was ascending. We know that was a Woody move because of Woody's tampering that preceded the signing. Bell didn't fit what Gase wanted to do, and however you feel about Gase, you shouldn't go out of your way to give him a star who doesn't fit what he's trying to do.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

would be stupid. OB-Gay is a loser, plain and simple.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

There’s an 80’s cartoon called Heavy Metal. In it there’s this giant orb that sucks the life out of everything, like entire planets.

That’s what getting OBJ would be like.

7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont see Odell Beckham and Adam Gase mixing well at all.

If the Jets had a coach with bit more of a reputation, and they could get Beckham for a second, I'd consider it for sure.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Coughlin couldn't handle him whatsoever. I don't want a thing to do with Beckham.

The performance is erratic, he has an injury history and he's a complete locker room cancer. He's the last player I want anywhere near my 22 year old quarterback regardless of talent.

twown and Red Menace like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah his attitude makes it really tough to want him. on the other hand he's an elite weapon. OBJ, robby, and crowder are a nice 1-3 i like berios and smyth for depth andw e can draft a WR too. it solves a need. not sure what the asking price for OBJ would be but i assume cheap. maybe a 3rd rounder. it's hard to pass that up. depends what they want for him.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

11. BroadwayAaron

Ohhhhhhh GOT EM!

12. BrowningNagle

what Darnold needs is a thick receiver with a big catch radius on the outside. someone in the mold of Mike Evans.

The jets already have guys who can make plays in space like Anderson & Crowder, he needs someone who he can throw to in traffic. Beckham is more like Anderson & crowder, although more talented of course, despite being a clown

Brook! and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

The free agency market is absolute shit unless Cooper pries free. I wouldn't hesitate to take Lamb or Jeudy if we're picking in the 8-12 range unless Wirfs or Leatherwood is there.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Draft Tee Higgins instead.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I wonder if we'd look at Tim Patrick from Denver. 6'4", 215 pounds. He's a big dude. Hasn't had much success but he's been hurt all this season and was behind Sanders/Sutton last year. He's made some traffic catches.

I've long been against the older receiver idea but AJ Green might fit the mold if he's not incredibly pricey. I'd imagine he's gone from Cincinnati and he's been hurt a lot but he's a traffic catcher as well despite a thinner frame.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

AJ green is only 31. there are many years left in that tank. seemingly every year these good teams Balt, Pit NO, NE, etc. etc. buy low on veteran producers that everybody overlooks and it works out great.

Brook! and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'd take a chance on green. he's a legit WR1 has 2-3 more good years left in him and is coming off a year of rest so his body will be in good shape

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

I'd do it. Including this year he'll just have missed 29 games in four years. But he's a damn good receiver if he can return to form. He's a really good 50/50 guy.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

OB-Gay?

It is 2020 in 2 weeks time.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right. It should read OBGTQ.