Quick Look at 2020:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, they're not feeling pressure - financially at least - to sell, In fact, the opposite. But they are the root of the problem IMO, and the Jets won't become a consistent winner until they either sell the team, or get COMPLETELY hands off.

tomdeb likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They don't feel any pressure at all. Simply because almost everybody here thinks they should is not enough reason for them. I seriously doubt they read or even have someone in their employ read sites such as this and when the occasional pointed shot comes from real media it's remarkably easy to simply shrug off. The only hope for the team to become a winner would be in spite of them rather than because of anything they might do. Blind squirrels, etc.

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It amazes me the Jets can't even be horrible correctly. I wasn't rooting against us because I want Darnold to succeed. But now there is a chance we don't even pick top 10 lol. It's just a Jets thing. We end up picking 15 and the only way to get enough talent to compete is to give up talent like Adams for more pick. Astounding.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets have been in the top 6 4 out of the last 5 years. Since when did they stop allowing you to acquire talent after pick 10?

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Seriously. This thought that they should sell the team is so annoying and ridiculous. The Mets sold because the Wilpons don't have the money to support it and it's an uncapped league where the big players win if they don't have an incredible organizational structure.

This isn't a money spending problem so why would the Johnson's even think about selling? In fact, they're really more than willing to spend. They just choose idiots to run the franchise and have done so since they handed the keys over to Tannenbaum in 2007. An accountant.

They let an accountant run a professional football team. Let's think about it. No wonder we've struggled.

FJF likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The worst part is the accountant was a better GM than both his successors.

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

2021:
    Strike
    Picket lines
    Scrubs.
    Alot like 2019....o_O

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

I think you miss the point. With a top 10 you can trade back and aquire more pick of higher caliber than outside the top 10... see bears trading up for Mitch Trubisky as an example. Bears got a 1st, 2 3rds, and like a 5 or 6th

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I assume you mean the fans will be striking!

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Them too.!!

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was. But he started this disastrous trend by not keeping draft picks. Mortgaging the future for a short term winner.

A short term winner with a rookie quarterback, who came out of college after one year.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It doesn't matter where we pick if our drafting doesn't get a lot better.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. Attackett

I might’ve missed your point because you don’t articulate it very well. You said it was typical Jets to not even lose properly and end up outside the top 10 even though they have been top 6 in 4 out of 5 years.

No idea where you are going with this post? What about the Bears trading up for Mitch Trubisky? And How did the Bears get a 1, 2 3rds and like a 5th or 6th? And why should I care about the Bears.

14. J-Raw24

We won't have even have a good enough pick to get a top 10 talent or trade back and acquire more talent. How come your the only one that couldn't get this?

15. Attackett

WTH does Mitch Trubisky and the Bears have to do with anything? I highly doubt anyone has any clue what you’re talking about, they probably just don’t care about your jibberish enough to call it out.

Too 10 talents don’t always come from the top 10, just saying.

16. J-Raw24

You're a moron they traded a bunch of picks to more into top 10 and get him. Like Devon Bush. Steelers trade 3 picks to move up. People trade nore for top 5, then top 10 than anywhere else.

17. Attackett

*You’re.. The Bears didn’t trade into the top 10 for Trubisky, they were already in the top 10. They moved from 3-2 and gave up a 3rd & 4th.

Steelers traded to 10 for Bush and gave up a lot more than the Bears did for Trubisky.

18. J-Raw24

It says You're and it was the point of getting more picks. But everyone else got it. And it was the 67th pick, 111th pick and a 3rd the next year. So 2 3rd and a 5th. Which was what I said.

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I don’t see the Jets winning another game this year. That puts them at 5-11. I say # 7. They’ll get a good player at a position of need.

It would be asinine to trade Adams.

20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Here is my quick look into 2002.
    1. 3 more games this year. Probably lose all three. Thursday I don't see playing out well. Pitts. Maybe we have a defensive plan and we win a low scoring game. Buffalo. Unless they have nothing to play for I think going there last game will be hard.
    2. After yesterday's ugly win Gase will stay. I was hoping we lost for a better pick and he'd be fired. Unfortunately we'll have another year of the great Adam Gase.
    3. Free agency: I don't know all names etc but 3 veteran offensive linemen will be signed. One of them a big name. I'm 50/50 on if we resign Robby. Either way I do believe we will sign two veteran receivers. I can see them make a push for one of the edge rushers and cbs. If they don't get a top one they'll sign a mid-level veteran.
    4. Trades: Like Robby I am 50/50 on if they will trade Jamal Adams. I think they will if they receive what Joe Douglas is looking for. Leveon Bell I can definitely see being traded. The Jets will eat a more than 50% of his portion of pay for a pick.
    5. Draft: It will focus on the offensive line. They will hope a qb drops to where they are selecting and they can trade back. If not and Jeudy or Lamb are on the board I can see that being the selection if they are gone it will be a left tackle.

The Jets will play games similar to this year and fans will be clamoring for Gase's job again. Time will tell but that is how I see 2020 playing out.