Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I hope he plays well, but I still say he played his best so far at the end of last year. There was a 3 game span where he was the best QB in football. I wish I could link it. He was flat out great. He hasn't come close to that this year. But he has been good at times. He shows tons of potential. Just needs o line, receivers, and good coaching.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

PFF had him as the #1 rated QB in the NFL the last 3 games, I remember. I still think he's playing very good football right now. According to PFF, he's the #3 ranked QB over the past four games so he is playing at a high level.

The thing we all need to keep in mind is that the kid is 22 years old and the Jets need to stay patient with him, which I think they will. It's obvious to anyone who watches these games how terrible this team is around him. We can't keep a stable offensive line around the kid and the coach sure as shit ain't helping.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

Totally agree. I'm in no way knocking Sam. As I said the kid has more than enough potential. He has shown glimpses of greatness. When it all comes together for him not many here will be griping anymore. But we just have to be patient like you said.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

PFF also has him as the #25 rated QB overall. The bad games count too. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-entering-week-14-2019

25. SAM DARNOLD, NEW YORK JETS
    Since his last season at USC, Darnold has been extremely streaky, as he’s had short spurts as one of the highest-graded quarterbacks, but also similar stints on the bottom end. He’s in the middle of a good stretch of play after seemingly bottoming out on Monday Night Football against the Patriots in the “seeing ghosts” game. Darnold has the 10th-highest percentage of negatively-graded throws, but he’s also No. 13 in big-time throw percentage, so many of the high-end flashes are still there.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A good/ better HC would address the streakiness that we see with Darnold

Instead the "communication " with Gase leads to our FQB bursting into the office to have his say...NOT good and a major red flag for AG running this team

We have won games when the 22 year old kid gets his point across to the d bag HC

I've posted this before, Sam can win games DESPITE AG...Last weekend at Cin does anyone think Sam wanted to constantly throw on 2nd and 2 or third and 2 with Powell Montgomery and Bell available to squeak thru the line?????

The evidence will continue to accumulate just THIS Season ( not what happened in Miami with Gase) that he suxs

Each weekend we will get a glimpse how bad he is..it's laughable that Vegas installed us 5.5 point favorites this weekend against Miami rematch lmao

I wonder if all the Gase supporters are ready to take the Jets to cover

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

We really are sharks as a NY fan base.

We've known for years now especially heading into 2019 that we have a bottom 3 offensive line.

It's so poor fk Gase not even Le'Veon Bell can dominate within open space because the O-Line won't create running lanes.

Darnold has been sacked and then hurried in under 3 seconds than any QB right. He has no time for even Robby Anderson to develop a do deep route. Pressure from everywhere and God forsaken we're backed up inside our 10; forget about it no chance for our O-Line.

How is this Gase's fault? How could we expect a high octane offensive play calling ability under these scenarios?

I'm guilty of jumping the ny gun but it's not fair to judge him like this we've gotta see what a former O-Lineman himself in Douglas does to shore up this O-Line to at least transform it into being capable before we any of us can demand and expect a consistently fun offense to watch. Maccagnan got us some offensive players now Douglas must give them O-Lineman.

It's his 1st year leading an offense with piss poor O-Line what did we expect?

#2706 DefenseWinsChampionships, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  7. J-Raw24

Its not his first year. He had 3 years in Miami and one here. As I've said he had a good o line in Miami. He's not an offensive guru. Everyone is trashing him because he's trash. This is in no way a knock on Darnold or Douglas. Just a true statement. Look at what he has done at 4 years head coaching... I mean Tannehill had a high completion rate because none of his passes went more than 5 yards. Usually lead to punts. He make no adjuments to game plans. He had to have Sam tell him to stop running dumb plays which allowed Sam to play well for 4 games now.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

I think soft defenses and regression to the mean are more responsible for Sam's better numbers than any meeting he had with Gase.

9. J-Raw24

Fair enough. Though I don't consider Oakland a soft defense. They struck gold with Maxx Crosby in the 6th (?? Maybe off), Trayvon Mullen will be very good soon. Ferrel could still develop. Maurice Hurst was a steal and will be a top dt in this league. And they got probably the best safety in this draft. They are just young and need experience. We played on thats and kept them in check.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

After Our O fails to score A TD and we get blown out by the phins at home things are going to get ugly for Adam Gase

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

The Johnsons will keep him regardless. If we tank the rest of the year. We will still see the googly eyed one next year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

My point went way over your head.

13. HomeoftheJets

16th in total defense, 23rd in scoring defense. So not terrible but below average.

14. J-Raw24

Yea. Its definitely and up and coming defense. Like I said they are all very young. All Gruden picks the past 2 years.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Who says beat reporters "don't like him because he's not overly chummy?" Give a.source or admit you've just made an assumption. While you're at it show us a source for claiming the reports we all read are opinion based rather than based on fact; or admit you're making an assumption.

I am making a comment on Gase's leadership style based on Gase's words as seen on video and as quoted in viable news sources. I have made no comments about his character. You just made that up. What he is like in the locker room or his interactions is not something I addressed, perhaps you meant to respond in that regard to someone else.

And explain how, after questioning the integrity of those "beat reporters," you accept what they have written because it "was overly positive." Do you understand what hypocrite means?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

Step into your points, that way you won't overthrow them. ;)

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can you show me these viable news sources that question his leadership please? And these videos you speak of are, I'm assuming, are press conference. Where he is not overly chummy with the reporters questioning him. It's really not a big secret that the media isn't a huge fan of coaches who give Belichickian responses.

You questioned his leadership ability. That has a lot to do with a coaches character. But because you make implications you think that the fact that you did not come right out and say it that you didn't imply it.

And ONCE AGAIN, you're arguing stupid semantics about phrasing and adding little to the conversation in terms of football by trying to turn this into a pissing contest.

faree and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who do we think are going to be the guys that play the Parker, Landry, Williams, Tannehill roles and thrive once they get out from under Gase?

Bell is obviously going to be a star once he gets on a team with a competent coach. I’m not a big Robby Anderson believer but he’s definitely a top candidate. Who else?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

#1 QB in the NFL.... come on, they obviously need a new ranking system.

20. J-Raw24

No he was that good at the end of the year. Even Rodgers was praising him.