Quick Look at 2020:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Since the Jets are dead with 4 games left, I thought I would take a peak at the 2020 season.

NOT an easy schedule. Actually quite difficult.

Obviously 6 games against the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots.

The two divisions the Jets play are the AFC West and NFC South.

Home games against the Broncos, Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers and currently Browns.

Road games against the Chargers, Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks and currently Colts.

That will be much more traveling than what the Jets did this season. They had an easy schedule this season and completely blew it. Joe Douglas is going to have do a lot this off-season to make the Jets competitive in 2020.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

After watching the Jets get wins against zombie-like Broncos and Raiders the last couple seasons who weren't even apparently fully awake after traveling cross country I started to get optimistic. Then I see that even if we are able to get a few cheeseball jet-lag wins against those western teams we'll probably give it right back going to San Diego, LA, Seattle etc ourselves.

Although maybe that's still an advantage for us to play a 4 oclock game out there vs. a 1pm game here for the western teams.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As long as Gase is still HC, there's nothing to look forward to.

How's that for quick?

FlaJet, boozer32, NYJetsO12 and 17 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Brutal schedule + Adam Gase = IDGAF.

FlaJet, NYJalltheway, Jets007 and 7 others like this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Can’t wait!! Hopefully we have a solid offseason and go into the season with a infusion of talent on the roster and can stay healthy or at least not have the litany of injuries we had this season.

We can’t tell how hard the schedule is as it changes so much from season to season.

FJF and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We'll go 7-9 and Gase will be retained because they made progress from their 5-11 or 6-10 2019 season. :mad::mad::mad:

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yup....this is one of the reasons me thinks we may be WORSE next year compared to the current mess.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but schedules are all relative as to how the season plays out.

Rivers leaves the Chargers/retires (and sucks anyway now?), Brees retires, Wilson tears his ACL, the Chiefs offensive line gets decimated by injuries and they don't improve their defense, the Browns continue to be the Browns and the Colts don't replace Vinatieri and suddenly the schedule is much easier.

Looking ahead of schedules is a hard way to gauge next season.

What never changes is that you need to win your home division games and steal one on the road, and win conference games late in the year.

FJF likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

Yes, that is why I said quick look. Don't want to look for too long! :eek::D

True but it is fair to say that the 2020 schedule is much more difficult than the 2019 schedule. I mean, there is no doubt about it.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That's a lot of things you're counting on to happen.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Teams that are built and coached well don’t need to worry about their schedules. They simply go out and take care of their business.

Jets have their FQB, if JD does his job, the schedule is the least of their concerns.

Peebag, FJF, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that is why I am worried about the schedule! :)

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I'm just citing examples.

Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger both went down, Andrew Luck retired, the Eagles and Cowboys are both .500 or less, Trubisky regressed a ton/the Bears defense gets shredded by UDFA quarterbacks, the Rams suddenly can't run the ball this year, the Raiders, while struggling, took a step forward and Philip Rivers can't stop turning the ball over this year with one of the better rosters in the league.

The NFL landscape changes a ton every year.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bite your tongue, my friend!

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

by definition, there are TONS of doubts about it, There is absolutely ZERO way for you tell me in December 2019 what ANY of those teams are going to be like in 2020, not to mention what thyll be like on the actual day we play them.

Not to mention, we have ZERO idea what our own team will look like.

FJF and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. You play the next team on your schedule one week at a time.All teams have peaks & valleys. thats how i look at it. So i dont put too much stock into this.

What i do put stock in is this team has the worst talent procurement in all of sports..i dont expect the talent level to change in 2020 or any year in the future bc the owners have not changed.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Can you start a 'Quick look at our 2021 season' please?

18. The Dark Knight

There is much more travel next season, with trips to Los Angeles twice, Seattle, and Kansas City. You are right, I can't give you a 100% guarantee, but I doubt anyone would disagree that the 2020 NFC West will be tougher than the 2019 NFC East.
    I agree, but I do think schedules do play a factor in a team's success or not.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

AS others have pointed out its the HC that is the biggest impediment to success. It really doesn't matter what Douglas does to shore up the team as long as you have a coach who is a terrible play caller, doesn't game play to take advantage of the opposing team's weakness but plays into their strengths, eschews the run and throws the ball 40 times a game... what a complete and utter failure this guy is and if any of you think that he has instilled a new winning culture in the locker room, look no further then Sunday's disaster in Cincy and how he has tapped danced around his poor play calling esp with respect to the run.

If you think 2019 sucks, buckle boys cause it will be ugly.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’ll try and enjoy 2020. We’ll be rebuilding in 2021.