Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Still turrible

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Still?
    Still a scab ?

Deadly combo?
    Sheesh

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He wasn't the right pick back then and he still wasn't the right pick now. But he's been a good run stuffer and could develop into a disruptive player. Defensive tackles are rarely that impactful their rookie year in the pass rush. They always dominate in college because of raw skills and power.

Jonathan Allen, Jarran Reed, Geno Atkins, Gerald McCoy, Kawann Short, etc. Go look up the early career sack production for all of these guys.

Now he may end up just being a run stuffer which as per usual was a collosal waste of the third overall pick. But you can't judge the guy on 8 games. As soon as he was back from injury we started stopping the run much better.

4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Think we may switch to 4-3? I think Q would be better in a 4-3. Not sure how our other personnel would go. I think the lbs we have on long term could switch.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jets don’t have the personnel. Even if you move to a 4-3 they don’t do much line stunts with their DT’s. On the inside you are limiting Q and his quickness, he’s not gonna stunt with the other DT’s on the roster, they are all slow and not agile enough. It’s why they straight rush...and the guys on the outside don’t get enough bend besides Jordan Willis. It’s why the Jets rely on Adams so much as a pass rusher.

6. J-Raw24

So maybe move q to the outside. Maybe use our 2nd rd on a decent edge prospect... keeping q in the middke seems a waste.

7. Mogriffjr

nah you can’t. You’d ideally need someone like Richardson who you could stunt inside with, quite agile and quick enough to move and DL those things with. Putting Q outside would just limit him. You can’t have him playing over the center and expect pass rush when he’s just pushing the pocket back and as a result, gets double teamed sometimes.

8. J-Raw24

Then bring back Richardson lol. We gotta do something to help this kid and using draft capital on another lineman just isn't an answer. Hopefully Douglas tries to work on this. But he needs to fix the o line first and formost.

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

If Jonah Williams hadn't blown out his shoulder in early June had we drafted him there is no doubt in my mind he would have helped the Jets a lot more this season than Q has.

Hopefully he can get it together and still develop into a good player but it sure isn't looking good at the moment. Especially watching some of the crushing plays Josh Allen has managed.... including a few against the Jets.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. J-Raw24

Yeah Josh Allen is scarey. I can't believe we passed on him. I am hoping JD makes some good picks for the offense this year. I still think we should trade back. Not a fan of Wiffs and I think Thomas will be long gone. Unless we continue to suck.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like Jackson as an OT prospect. He might be available in the teens.

12. J-Raw24

I like Jackson. More than wiffs. But I don't know about him on left side. Maybe as a developmental prospect. Put him at lg. But then we would have to keep beachum, who hasn't been very good, or look for a fa LT.. i been looking at Walker Little... he may drop because of injury. But he was a top talent last year.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lol. I expected a lot more out of Q but I’m still hopeful. Polite was a total waste. It turns out it was a deadly combo of mayhem all right, unfortunately against our own team. I surely hope we get a lot more savvy from JD this draft.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

https://www.cover1.net/austin-jackson-left-tackle-on-the-rise-usc/
    http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...k-USC-LT-Austin-Jackson-is-a-First-Round-Pick
    Looks like the belief is he can be a LT in the NFL, but might be raw in some areas now.

15. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Kris Jenkins managed this just fine.

We just need to draft more Kris Jenkins.

17. Mogriffjr

Jenkins had two sacks his first year.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

True. But you can disrupt all phases of the game without compiling sack numbers. Exhibit A:

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He might make the other d-lineman better, but he wasn't worth the pick. Josh Allen or trading down for a center or Brian Burns was the right move.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So hidden production then? o_O

Red Menace likes this.