Jets vs Cincy Week 13 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 2, 2019.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yep, it was a selfish play and it seemed like he just didn’t want to hurt his bottom line in a meaningless game at that point. I see both sides though.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe he was concerned with his INT numbers. Concerned about throwing an interception, yes. But I don't think he was concerned about how it would hurt his personal outlook. I think it was more of trying not to turn the ball over and in the heat of the moment not realizing it was fourth down.

It's kind of like when a corner or safety pick off a 45 yard 9 route on 4th and 8. That's the QB's punt.

FJF and Ralebird like this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Also on the throw away who does he have to throw to that can win a 50/50 ball??? Robbie? He's there to take the top off... DT? Not gonna happen... Griffin is the only answer.. and Sam wasn't able to make the connection with griffin most of the game. Gase is a moron. His play calling was horrible all game. And that play was no different.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Gase is a moron and should never have been hired. I would be happy if he retired today and never looked at a football again in his life.

That said-- it is extremely difficult to win any football games when your offense is playing with scarecrows at all 5 O-line positions.. It's kind of amazing the Jets have won the games they have, considering they're going 6 vs 11 every snap.

Andy_M, IIMeanDeanII and FJF like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'd actually rather it be a selfish play than a lack of situational awareness. That would show me that (1) Sam isn't clueless in more ways than one and (2) maybe there's some discontent around Gase even if nobody's coming out and saying it.

ouchy likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We should all get a radio/tv program or podcast to be able to vent our frustrations. But these guys nailed it. That said, ANYONE who has a passing acquaintance with football can see that Gase is a terrible coach. Sadly, our owners don't even meet that low bar.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

What about that game against the Crows? Those guys didn't want any piece of us. We need to schedule them more.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The thing I was most impressed with in regard to Sam was how this game was a textbook "play heroball and force everything" situation and he didn't turn the ball over.

I don't think he was necessarily a stud, but he definitely wasn't a dud.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sam didn't throw that ball away. He threw it into the stands, desperate to find someone, ANYONE who can catch a goddamned football.

#29 Footballgod214, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the stats have yet to be updated for this week but at the moment on football outsiders our O-Line is ranked 31 in passing and 31 in rushing - pretty clear where the root of our problems lays on the field at least

the only other team with a really bad rating in both categories is the Phins - its almost as though having a really poor o-line is a recipe for a bad season

FJF likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Wow that waa really enlightening. He looked afraid to look at the reporters and answer questions. He had his hat pulled so far down it appears he was trying to hide from everyone. He mumbled like a 5 year old trying not to be heard. That man has some issues. Hopefully, he can address the team and players in a better and more open manner. That was painful to watch.

12. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The phins have a worst o-line and roster. I think we will beat them at home where Gase excels,however I think they have a good coaching staff in place with a ton of free agent money and draft picks for the next 2 yrs. They are winning games with no one any of us could name as a starter

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I agree with others. Robby was no stud. Neither was, Sam.

You get beat down by a team like this, stud isn't logically sound at that point for me.

Also.

Fuck off, Gase.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the phins O-line is essentially level pegging with ours in terms of which is the worst (they are 32nd and 29th in pass and run respectively whereas we are 30th in both)

and what do you mean no-one any of us could name as a starter - how could you forget Fitz-Magic so quickly

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And given how sparse the crowd was they had a ton of separation.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They've also given up only three more sacks on the season than us and have rushed for only 118 less yards (9.8 less yards per game).

I wish I knew where all of our offensive line talent was.