If we promote Greg Williams to HC, who runs the offense?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 2, 2019.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

well it better be a young offensive guru who is forward thinking...preferably once worked with Peyton Manning.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Preferably someone who is coaching to where football is going. That guy should be fantastic.

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I was told by the media and half the fanbase that guy was Adam Gase.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It would probably be Jim Bob Cooter but at this point, Gase is not getting canned.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gase isn't going anywhere until at least 2021 just let it go.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Maybe Adam Gase for OC? I hear Peyton Manning speaks highly of him.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would definitely not hand him the permanent HC job at this point. Maybe offer him a 1 year deal plus club option for Year 2. If he can do better, let him go. He's done well with the defense, but do we have any evidence he can be a HC of the ENTIRE team? I prefer to see who else is out there.

8. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Why would the Jets ever promote that ugly, smelly looking brute to HC???? What the hell has he done besides giving up 22 points to the lowly, winless Bengals?

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd love for Chad Pennington to become our head coach and call our offensive plays. Why not, worth a shot.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

what do we have to lose?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO ..how true

Like paying double Alimony and Child Support

tomdeb likes this.
  12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

bring in the consulting genius who has christopher's ear: peyton manning....:mad:

James Hasty likes this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Any team taking on Williams, the bounty gate kingpin, as a head coach is taking a big public relations risk. Only a wildcard type owner would make him the face of the operation. Does anyone who follows this team believe the Johnson’s are risk takers or wildcards? Perhaps it would work in Washington or Dallas, but it would almost certainly not be something the cowards own the jets would do.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Gregg Williams for head coach stuff is similar to how the backup quarterback is the favorite player in every fan bases mind. He's also been around the NFL since 1990. He's had one head coaching job in all that time. I have to believe there's a reason behind that, even before Bounty Gate.

I think he's a decent coordinator and a good motivator for his side of the ball. We have a good defense yardage wise, but that number is a litttttle bit skewed with teams getting awesome starting field position against our putrid offense for the majority of the year.

We also have one of the worst red zone defenses in the NFL and Gregg Williams defense has actually sort of flipped from how it usually works. He's a big turnover oriented defensive coordinator that gives up yards. That's the opposite this year.

We could do much worse. But the praise as if we have some sort of elite defense here is a bit overstated.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Yeah thats basically 0 chance. I really like him as a defensive coach but no way he would be our hc. The Johnsons seem to rely on people like Cassserly and others to pick their coaches and staff for them. They aren't football minds so they find someone they think is to pick for them. Instead they should probably get out of the football business and let someone else fix this sinking ship. But that would take income out of their pockets which is why they are here.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

As much as I like GW as a DC there's no chance he'd run a solid locker room. I don't want him as our head coach.

At first, during the Gase 1-7 start I wanted him as head coach. I just wanted a replacement. Bill Parcells. Herm Edwards. Rex Ryan (give him DARNOLD and not Sanchez lol). Chad Pennington ahhh anyone but the more I think the more I wouldn't want him to ever become our HC.

This guy asked kids, young men, his own players... to hurt another person. How is that a positive influence and role model of a leader? He approached his players and told them to hurt another athlete; who's worked his heart out since Elementary childhood days to play a game he loves? Instructed to injure him and shatter his dreams? I can never respect that.

Injuries happen galore as is, a part of the game - but to ask a young man to assault another young man - that is a coward. Great DC but I just hope he's not brainwashing our own Jet players into believing in that type of scared and losing mentality.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't have a son but as a father of a daughter she plays little league basketball she loves it any coach regardless of level little league, h.s, NCAA or WNBA etc ever ordered another girl to injure my daughter in which requires surgery he will see my on his door step in the a.m I'm sorry but I just hate what Gregg Williams did and can't stomach the thought of teaching young men how to destroy another's career that's worse than what Pete Rose did. It's worse than spygate. Camera men never ordered for talents to potentially be ruined by intentionally sending out a hit from the sidelines it's scumbag. But yea. He's a good DC but I wouldn't ever consider him a leader amongst men. Maybe he's sorry and apologetic as should be but hopefully doesn't convince any of our defenders to become scumbag players.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Prefer Leah Remini. At least she was eye candy back in the day.

Royal Tee likes this.