Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked your Post, but don't forget this is the same OL that just beat the Cowboys and Raiders who you might argue were better at stopping the run

The difference is Coaching well and adjusting in game...something Gase is poor at imo

Ralebird, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Agreed and I also suspect we don't have the OL to run outside. It's been a common complaint all season long and I'm just not sure they are capable of executing on it. Thought the Bengals also did a good job of keeping Darnold in the pocket and containing the WRs when he did roll out in the second half.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. Yet we still only had 88 yards rushing vs. The Raiders in a game that was over at the start of the fourth quarter. We had 56 yards rushing vs. The Cowboys.

The pass protection was solid against those two teams, but the run offense was equally horrendous. It's partly the reason we couldn't close the Cowboys out effectively. We couldn't get a first down in the 3rd quarter.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

In theory i really like Gase's attacking style offense but it leaves a very small margin of error. With a poor OL and Gase's refusal to adjust and protect the QB this offense cannot go off schedule or compensate for drops and penalties. The line cannot hold up on 3rd and long. Yesterday drops and penalties killed the offense.

If everything works then this offense can be very good but any small breakdown can kill it and this offense simply cannot function off schedule. Gase's offense operates on a very razor thin edge. That being said I loved the hurry up offense the 1st half and i thought Sam did a very good job with it.

#2404 Noam, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    FJF, NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Is that a Gase problem or an offensive line problem? Most teams struggle when they're consistently in 3rd and 8 to 3rd and 11, which we are.

I've acknowledged the lack of creativity in the running game as far as Gase goes. But I wonder if it would even matter with how bad this line is. Shitty defensive tackles absolutely blow our guards up.

FJF likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that the entire Jets beat was force feeding the "Gase is great" narrative down our throats 3 weeks ago. Instead of fishing for sources, maybe these idiots could do their job and expose the team for what it is, a DAMN JOKE.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What if someone uses their computer for banking, video games or other activities of a non-empathetic, compassionate or creative task?

or what if he’s posting from his phone like a normal human being and not a computer at all?

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Send this fucker Gase to the MOON.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Bottom line: if what you're trying to doesn't work, you need to be able to come up with alternatives. Gase clearly cannot do that. So, yes, it IS Gase's fault. Sure, maybe they would still lose, but they would be competitive, not the hot mess they've shown when his "genius" offense sputters.

Really, the question is: what is the quickest, most efficient way to improve this team: replacing Gase, or working to plug all the holes? If you choose the latter while keeping Gase as HC the rebuild will take much longer. It's not like Gase has proven himself to be a great HC, and simply lacks good players. In fact, his record shows the opposite. The reality is that the longer they keep Gase, the longer the wait until this team becomes a consistent contender.

NYJetsO12, Noam and Since1969 like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do not equate a large portion of TGG with "the entire Jets beat." I believe a review of what was written by the professionals in the past few weeks would show it was salted with a huge dose of cautionary language.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It would have been one thing if we lost a close game by a late FG. But we were dominated by a winless team.

The offensive genius couldn't even crack the red zone one time against the 32 ranked defense.

I have little to no hope for next season. Gase is simply a loser.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

There's very few coaches that can walk into a situation like Gase walked in to and instantly make the team a contender. He hasn't done that bad of a job given what he has.

I'm not sure whether he is or isn't the guy. I tend to think he's not. But coaching spots are usually open because the team sucks or the team massively underperforms (see: Chargers of the past 15 years). This isn't a situation where we're not getting the most out of our talent.

It's not like Darnold was out with a sprained ankle. He played week one with an illness and was quarantined away from the facility, receivers, offensive line and coaches. We've had what? 8 different starting combinations of offensive lineman in 12 games? We had to sign a mediocre career tightend in training camp because our previous GM was OK with the position being an absolute zero until week 5.

Before Hewitt came back, we were on our fourth string inside linebacker, and moved a shitty OLB (Copeland) to inside linebacker. Neither of our opening day corners play anymore. We have no edge rusher. We had to trade for a washed up 30+ year old receiver because the alternative was Braxton Berrios and Josh Bellamy playing the rest of the season at the X receiver spot.

It's been an absolute clusterfuck. Sunday was a clusterfuck with bad coaching, bad execution, bad everything. But this dumpster fire isn't really all on the coach. And beyond hiring a Jim Harbaugh-type, I'm disinterested in hiring some other shitty two year coordinator to become Freddie Kitchens.

This team is a wasteland of UDFA starters all over the place.

13. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

You can say that dropped balls and penalties are on the players, but ultimately some blame for these things falls on the CS as well. You don't see those things happening as much on well-coached teams. I don't know what the mechanism is, maybe a certain mentality and fer of failure that gets installed, or drive to excellence, or just practiciing the right way. Even injuries, which are definitely random to some extent, also seem to plague well-coached teams less.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

There's not a ton of guys out there that have some sort of proven history as great head coaches. There's actually very few. McCarthy has to be the only one out there that still openly wants to coach and he's benefitted from having Rodgers his whole career so it's tough to know if he's really a good head coach. If he was that desired as a head coaching candidate, he would've been one. We weren't the only team with a vacancy.

I don't have tons of faith in Gase being the guy. But he's coached some good offenses in his day and he has absolutely nothing. It's not like we're the Chargers with talent all over the place. Our best receiver has never reached 1,000 yards. Our $13 million a year runningback hasn't played in 21 months prior to the season. Our starting tightend on the roster prior to Midway through training camp had a career high of 16 catches in a season.

90% of our offensive lineman will be wiped from this team in the off-season. This roster is absolute dogshit.

We lost to a bad team. But we ARE a bad team. I'm not sure why everyone operates like we're above the Bengals, Dolphins, Lions, etc. of the league. We're in that same class. Put em all in a blender and shake em up and each of those shitty teams will beat each other here and there.

Acad23 and FJF like this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm not equating TGG to the Jets beat. After the Miami loss the Jets beat went into full damage control even though it's pretty clear that Gase isn't the guy.

16. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ here. No way in hell he would have stood for the team just not showing up while Darnold was out. This was when Gase completely lost any support I might have given him, he literally folded for 4 games while waiting for his starting QB to come back. That's the sign of a horrible coach in my opinion.

While McCarthy was in GB, there were multiple years where he had terrible offensive lines; so he knows how to deal with that. The guy is a much better head coach then all the media pundits gave him credit for this last offseason.

17. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not many here are saying this ALL on Gase. But he plays a big part of it. He's not a brand new rookie HC, he's had three years experience, and guess what? He is what his record says he is. Yes, the team is woefully under talented, but that talent has been misused by Gase making things worse. The longer he remains, the longer the rebuild will take.

NYJetsO12, Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Plus he likes to get involved in personnel decisions and we all know how that ends.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're saying professional sportswriters were covering for Gase's failures? Where? How did I miss that?