2019 is over. Stick a fork in us.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Dec 1, 2019.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And kickers making career long field goals...

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Neither did I. Didn’t see one second of the game. I looked up the score on ESPN and it was 17-6. I just shook my head and said “I knew they would do this “.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baumeister and Peebag like this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lets lose out so Christopher " Im a Complete Idiot" Johnson hopefully decides to fire Adam Waste

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2019 never really was a factor.. Only the most deluded would have even thought 3 games would have changed anything.

Peebag likes this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Amen, on the plane home today, I said to my wife these guys will lose today and it will not be close. I expect the JETS to lose because the HC is a loser (resume) and a shitty play caller to boot. I remember a fish fan sayin when we hired him, we will regret AG PC and he laid it out, passes behind the LOS, running into the teeth of the D, etc. To bad the fool owners didn't listen to him.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Did any of you watch the game? How do you post here if you don’t watch and suffer? You gotta earn it

ouchy, Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  7. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Not a fair assessment.

I accidentally poured tea into my cable modem and spent the whole game trying to remedy the fried piece of shit.

Thankfully I did not waste my time watching the putrid Jets loose again.

Question is...where do we go from here?

Brook! likes this.
  8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase is a horrible coach on the road , always has been. He use to be a horrible first series coach and he has seemed to overcome that. So maybe he can turn it around however why should we have to wait and see

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I get where you’re coming from but trust me, for those who have watched this team as long as I have - you don’t need to watch to know exactly how things unfolded. Only the names of the coaches and players change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you should go get a new modem...

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I was busy with family the last few day so I had no idea Dalton was starting until 3 min before the game started. My immediate thought was oh shit the Bungles are going to win and I should pick up Boyd right away. I wasn't near a computer so that didn't happen. The bungles are a bad team but 8 of their losses were by a touchdown or less and their passing yds. rushing yds and total yds per game are better than the Jets despite being 0-11 coming into this game.

The play calling was awful, like someone else mentioned Gase ran into the teeth of the D, rarely rolled out Darnold and threw too many behind the line or at the line passes. The defense didn't show up either. Poor coaching, poor play selection, poor execution, sloppy play all around. This looked like a team that is waiting for the season to end.

It's been 12 games and I still don't see why they hired Gase. He's not a good HC, or a OC. I'm very close to giving up my season tickets. I haven't felt this way in my 25 years being a STH.

I've come to hate the NBA game, I don't watch college basketball until March Madness, the Rangers stink, the Devils stink, The Giants stink and I'm not an Islanders fan so there is nothing to watch with interest until the baseball season starts in 4+ months. I may be forced to tune into a few islanders just to see what a well coached and disciplined winning NY team looks like. It's that or hope the Thursday night NFL game, the Saturday night NFL game, Sunday night NFL game are good games to watch. It's going to be a long next few months.

Brook! likes this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The bengal loss was the inevitable result of the jets totally ignoring the offensive line in the draft for the last 5 years. The jets OL got MANHANDLED today by an 0-11 team. Sacks, penalties, a turnstile RT, everything. Today's game was a textbook case of what happens when a team ignores it OL for years!

Jets81, LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Dad, will you explain to me again why I have this on my forehead?

The Jets used to be an NFL team. More waffles?

14. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

This Forum is a treasure. Enjoy watching my Bills in the playoffs. Go Bills!

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not going to take a jab at anyone here who had their hopes up, and were looking with some optimism at a 9-7 season, and a numerical chance at the P.O., because after all isn't that what fans do? But what does this team do for its fans? Seriously. The Jets have treated their fans, among the most loyal fans in all of sports, like shit.

Their original fan base was centered in NY and Long Island, so what do they do? Move the team to NJ. And not only that, but they become tenants to their biggest rival! Then when they have a chance to move, they repeat the same mistake, only in a shittier stadium, AND they tack on PSLs!

But the worst insult is that they continue to screw up putting together a winning organization. How is that possible? Really. With the money they make because of their cost cutting moves on their stadium, and other penny pinching, they ought to have buckets of money to pay for the smartest minds in football to do the heavy lifting for them, but NOOOOOO, Woody and Chris know better, they know just enough to be dangerous. If they're so smart, why are the Jets still losing, and looking worse each year? This team will not succeed until the Johnsons divest themselves of it.

But hey, all you guys who still have hope? More power to you.

ouchy and tomdeb like this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure taking an okay guard in the third round and crappy tackle in the 5th qualifies are giving attention to the o-line. Maybe getting Ducasse in 2010 can be considered an investment (failure). 2006 was a real investment. And we saw it pay off just two years later with a season over .500 and then two post-season runs to the AFCC. Then the o-line started to crumble. Damien Woody replaced with Wayne Hunter who was replaced with Austin Howard. Too much trying to replace retiring players with other old players who had declined. All the while D'Brick and Mangold weren't getting younger.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stop trolling please.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree we've gotta focus on offensive line because there are some serious pieces already in place here with Sam
    Darnold who to me is no doubt a Franchise QB to continue building this offense around, a real work horse of a dual threat in Le'Veon Bell, a natural slot receiver in Jamison Crowder, two pass catching TE's and imo Robby Anderson is a must re-sign he's our true speed burning deep threat on the outside and deserves a QB who has time to find him in stride behind an offensive line. We're (imo) another outside WR opposite of Anderson and an O-Line away from a top 10 offense.

As much as I've stated WR's coming out such as Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb are can't pass up prospects for Sam Darnold if still available I've got to disagree with myself; we must take a 1st round O-Lineman regardless if it's potential Franchise LT, a top rated Center or a road grading LG etc Douglas must go O-Line both early and often. And I haven't yet looked at upcoming FA O-Lineman but I hope we get lucky with a young proven animal within his prime; wishful thinking.

I just know that Beachum isn't athletic enough to play LT. Any type of quickness and speed and he's overmatched. I liked him as a short term answer but he's not the long term solution protecting Sam's blindsided and must be replaced immediately. The sad thing is that I think Beachum is our best overall lineman which is letting me know this entire unit needs an overhaul all 5 positions (like an NBA basketball team) and what's scary is that I don't think it can happen over night.

Do we draft 1st and 2nd round O-Lineman? Do they not bust and come out the gates performing as Ferguson and Mangold once did (pretty rare)? How often do awesome big name O-Lineman within golden prime years really hit the open market and will they come to NYJ? Who on our O-Line would even qualify on a current SB contender as a starter? I'm a big homer historically speaking but I'm not confident in an over night O-Line rebuild this can take another 3 years...

tomdeb likes this.
  19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Dare I say we need Woody back for Gase to be fired?

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

lol @ you thinking it wasn't already before Sunday