2019 NFL Season - Week 12: Jets vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Brook!, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

After back to back wins, we are hosting Raiders. They are 6-4, we are 3-7. They have a solid Offensive Line we have a not so good one. I give the edge to Jets when it comes to defense.

I give the edge to Jets on this one.

In a sense, it is a statement game for both Gase and Williams. Can Gase devise a plan to attack Raiders defense? Can Greg Williams stop a Raiders offense with a strong Offensive Line?

At this point wins and losses are meaningless for me. All I want to see is Sam's development. He looked good today and I hope he can build on this one.

Go Jets!

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Should be a nice challenge for us. If we can stop Jacobs i think we have a real good shot here.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Raiders offense runs through Jacobs. The heart of our defense is our run D, #1 ranked team in yards per carry at 3.0

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Raiders are one of my most hated teams. The opportunity to end their cute little playoff "contention" will be nice

5. tubby

tubby Active Member

I think the Jets will look good on offense against any team with average or below pass rush. The Raiders fall into that category. Winnable game for the Jets and I think a good test to see where Darnold is.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

These are the kind of games that can show if the Jets can be potentially successful in 2020. The Raiders are in the playoff hunt, have a lot to play for, and are a better overall team than the Giants and Redskins. I don't feel they are so much better than the Jets though. 1:00 start too for a west coast team gives the Jets a little edge. Stop the Raiders run, but Carr should be able to take advantage of the Jets secondary, unlike Jones and Haskins. Need to get some pressure on him. I think the Jets offense can do well against the Raiders D. It's a toss up.

footballfundamentals and Aero like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Raiders are a halfway decent team, so we'll probably lose.

8. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Sorry, guys.... After saying I wasn't going to give a penny to this team this season, I went and bought tickets for the raiders game. The Jets are definitely going to lose now. I can't remember the last time I went to a game where they won.

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. jwhitt

jwhitt New Member

Jets have a good Dline and rush the passer very well. Derek Carr is a QB who hates pressure so he is one of the fastest to release the ball after snap. His throws are almost always underneath and needs his WR`s to get YAC. Josh Jacobs is the real deal. Waller is legit and Renfrow is getting more looks by the week. Raiders defense has been abysmal against the pass all year but has looked a bit better the last 2 games. Maxx Crosby has been on fire the last few weeks. If he gets to Darnold a time or 2, things may get ugly. Raiders are playing for contention but none of their wins are decisive. They only won by 7 yesterday against winless Cincy.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I hope you're not counting on many "likes" for this ^ ...

Brook! likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Don't attack me for this post but........ Houston plays Indianapolis on TNF. The winner of that game will improve to (7-4), but the loser drops to (6-5). If the Jets beat the Raiders, the Raiders would also drop to (6-5) with the Jets improving to (4-7). That would put them 2 games out of a playoff spot with 5 games left. Just saying..... None of us think the Jets are a playoff team at the moment, but it is definitely more exciting to watch games if you are technically still in it. Better for the players too.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

OMG. Stop!!!!!! We lost to Miami. MIAMI!!!! Playoffs!?!?!?!?!
    We will lose to Oakland and everyone will be reminded what we look like when we aren't playing teams with 1 or 2 wins. It's been nice to win, but the Jets are just bad.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I said in the beginning of the year I wanted to watch meaningful games come December. Beat Oakland this week and that can become true. Just think how different this season would be right now if we hadn’t blown a 16 point lead week 1 or beAt Miami.

FJF and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Giants lost to the redskins twice the year they won the super bowl (and the Redskins have always been a horrible team).

You just need to get hot at the right time!

15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

You also need to get healthy, which is not happening with the oline.

Mr mittens likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I was a sucker and bought a parking pass for $50 after we beat Dallas, so I'm probably going to end up going with my brother. Probably wear my Fire Adam Gase T-Shirt and start drinking bright and early.

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Welp I guess it's that time of year.

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight and KWJetsFan like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the spirit!

dawinner127 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When the NY Jets mattered the Raiders were our No. 1 rivalry game. We must wear all white against the Silver and Black this weekend. AFL history demands it.

matt robinson 17 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Will Silver and Black be where it's at? Next to the Jets ..my Favorite AFC Team!

Yes, the famous Rivalry renews amidst the greats of yesteryear:Upshaw, Hendricks,Blanda,Bilitnikoff..QBs Lamonica, Plunkett, Gannon. A lot discovered by Brooklyn Al Davis and then Coached up by Madden

Today's edition is Coached by "Chucky Doll" John Gruden with of savvy instruction leading to team victories over Broncos Colts Bears and a 3 point loss to Houston

The long trip east could tire them out, but points will be scored for sure

Jets have a Punchers chance here...let's see how Sam continues to progress and Gase manages a tuff game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.