What Gase Has Done Well

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You'll be saying the same thing in a couple years about Douglas, it's the same thing every 3 yrs

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The only reason for optimism is that Douglas values strong OL play. All of the Jets success in recent history has featured good to very good OL play.

The big question is whether or not Douglas can evaluate talent.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

One thing that stood out to me yesterday was the praise from A LOT of players.

Guys were flat out crediting Gase's gameplan for the win.

That says a lot about a head coach.

azhar80 likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets stomped all over a really bad team and never let them into the game. That's pretty unusual for the Jets.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup....even entering the 4th qtr up 33-3 I thought....ok, here's where the skins come alive and pull out a win! (ive been a jet fan way too long). But now we have Adams on the D-side, and Adams won't let us lose games we would have lost 5-10-15 years ago...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol right. i mean we let the fins beat us and we never seem to win easily. even the giants game was close and they are a bad team too. We are usually on the other end of these types of games

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

One caveat - they tried to let them back in with stupid turnovers, but Washington is so inept they couldn’t take advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, all I was saying to my son was "thats a very Jet like thing for the skins to be doing...." Things like that roughing the kicker penalty in the first quarter that turned a Jet FG into a Jet TD. Repeated penalties negating Skin long plays or stops.

It was nice to be on the other side of that for once. Jets have played to the level of their competition gainst bad teams for a long time.

BonScott, Wahoo and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

First decent challenge coming up next week. Let's see how Gase handles Chucky.

I am seeing 5-11 optimistically, and probably 4-12 or 3-13 realistically.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fact: Our Offensive Genius has recently beaten 2 Scrubs..there is definitely improvement there and especially with SD. Williams is a good DC who has run defense ranked 2nd in league!

BUT I still have to see more from HC given his shaky track record this Season and before

Big test will be vs Oakland: I am sure J Gruden is thinking about his upcoming opponent like Barry Switzer did>>>"Who have they (Jets) played??"

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Its a good first start. Next year will tell a much better story. I fully expect a draft and free agency approach by JD that is hand in glove and a match to the CS needs and priorities. I'm hoping that when the dust settles, short of another year of insurmountable injuries, we will see many new faces in the starting line up at OL, CB and LB as a minimum with a sprinkle of new WRs.

FJF likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Ugh... Now that we're playing the easy part of the schedule everyone is softening up on Gase..

I firmly believe Gase needs to go and the end of this year is going to seem positive but it's only setting us up for failure next year.

Noam and Red Menace like this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dude, he's coming back. There is no way short of him tearing off someone's helmet on the field and beating them over the head with it the Jets are paying three HCs next season.

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yep. However he is not cemented in beyond next year. The Jets - after an offseason of JD's tinkering - are going to look very different roster wise and I imagine a playoff berth or at least 9 wins is gonna be a must for Gase to stay beyond 2020.

Jonathan_Vilma and CotcheryFan like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we'll have some money to spend. we aren't committed to any bad contracts outside of TJ (which is gonna sting a little) and we have holes at CB, WR, O-line, and Edge. We can get a pretty decent haul to take care of all this and we have an extra 3rd round pick. I think we can go into next eyar barring injuires and with a good offseason by JD as a playoff contender

LAJet likes this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

That's what we said this year tho :rolleyes:

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What Gase has done well?

We beat two of the worst teams in the NFL the last two weeks...I will not have the wool pulled over my eyes this easily.Lets see us win out and lets revist this then.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We also didn't think we'd see a player do that this year either yet here we are. So never say never, DK.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Gase has done a great job at making the team look unprepared, inflexible and disinterested.

Wahoo likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wanna try that again?