Jet Nation perhaps on the brink..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I really don’t give a fuck. I must be a terrible fan.

I live in northern New England and one of the most comical things I see is Patriots fans actually presuming they have something to do with the team’s success.

Slightly less disturbing is Jets fans thinking they have actual influence over this shit show.

Two sides of the same coin I guess.

2. What frustrates me is a solid competent football operation has somehow become this elusive thing theyre chasing.Not talking championships, dominance or the likes.Just a team that knows what its identity is & every once & awhile can be a playoff contender. They cant even get THAT part figured out.It’s not hard.

The team has some of the best facilities/infrastructure in all of football & it all just goes to waste w remedial level leadership.

Winning in the NFL is hard..but it shouldnt be a myth. Its become a myth for the jets.Goodbye yellow brick road.

SOJAZ and JetsNation06 like this.
  3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I know of at least 5 people in the row where I sit that aren't renewing tickets next year, 7 if you include my tickets. One guy has had season tickets since 1984 and he's walking away, and the other ticket holders have been there for 10 years. So we're not talking about one and done season ticket holders, these are people that spent thousands of dollars bleed green over the years, and they are all just walking away from it.

My row is a small sample size, but if that's even going on in a percentage of the stadium, that's a big message to ownership. I'll watch them on TV for now, but I already sold my tickets for the rest of the year. In my opinion, that will go a lot further than bankrolling some website to fly some banners.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse cause this has been said for years, but I'm really starting to see people go through with it. Just stop spending money on the team, and our opinions will matter to ownership.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No , the tv contracts are why it doesn’t matter,. That and all swag money is split between the 32 teams. So even if the jet gear don’t sell they get 1/33 ( the league office gets a cut too) of every other teams sales. The Sunday gate money is all gravy.

zace, PabloJa, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

CC, to coin a phase, " I feel your pain." Man we must be masochist for being a Jet fans for over 50 years.... I thought I was the only fool on a hill living in a twilight zone called the NYJETS. The Catholic faith teaches that there is purgatory for those souls that need more cleansing and I got-ta tell ya, I counting on my support of the team as down payment because its been a long (LONG) time between seeing a physically (competent) competitive team that plays complementary and smart football.

6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I’ll go back to what I’ve said before - the Johnsons showed us all what they thought of the fan base when they passed on finally giving us our own stadium. Think about this: if you live in queens, or Nassau or Suffolk, the supposed heart of Jet fandom, you need to take THREE trains to see your team play. Three. Same if you live in the Bronx or Brooklyn. If you’re lucky enough to live in Manhattan you only need to take two trains. Back in September I went to Minneapolis to see a Vikes game. I left my hotel, got a Starbucks, and walked one block to the stadium. ONE BLOCK. even if you live on the far west side of Minneapolis, it’s a 45 minute walk, or 15 minute bus ride to the game. Plus it’s a beautiful stadium filled with amenities.

The stadium issue showed what these owners thought of the fans: NOTHING. None of the disaster that followed or continues can be a surprise. If the Jets never have another winning season the Johnsons would not care. That’s the reality. And they made that clear a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

My family had 4 season tickets since the very 1st season...they gave them up a few years ago.

After the psl bullshit and the shit quality of the product...there's no regret.

The Jets suck...

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Chrisiue like this.
  8. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

It took Giant fans 10 years 1967-68 to 1978 before they burned their tickets in demonstration over their incompetence, the main reason it took so long were the prices to see a game 30-35.00 a ticket can help with patience.
    In these last 10 years of Jet incompetence fans are stuck with PSLs season ticket charges off the wall, 40-50.00 to park the car, a arm and a leg for a beer or hot dog, their can be no patience with these expenses.
    Combine this with sharing a stadium and city with another set of fans that have quadrupled or success in the last 33 years guess what it is time to mail it in and give up.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It takes three trains to get anywhere in a different borough. I grew up in Rockland County with a TON of Jets fans. It would've taken me at least three to get to the West Side stadium. Don't be mad at the geography of getting to Jersey. The population and subsequent infrastructure is quadruple here what it is in Minnesota.

That's not the Johnson's fault...

Not to mention that 3/4 of the population in the area didn't want it due to the massive congestion it would've caused on event days. This wasn't 20,000 at the garden. This was 80,000 flooding the West Side Highway.

Mogriffjr, JetsNation06 and FJF like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

These are my feelings as well. I'm not asking for the Jets to become a perennial Super Bowl champion, I just want competitive football all season long with some playoff births mixed in.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is the first coach that the fan base has immediately hated since my time as a fan. Intriguing, considering how all the others wound up.

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Not buying it. Rockland isn’t NYC which is the city the Jets supposedly represent. And if west side didn’t work out, Queens or Nassau had opportunities for a stadium in the heart of the fan base, and THEIR OWN STADIUM. They disregarded it because they don’t give shit 1 about the fan base

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

8 million people in NYC's 5 boroughs. Another 8 million in Long Island. Three million Jets fans. Twelve million people who didn't want the congestion, nor wanted to finance it.

It was obviously a slam dunk for us rooting for the team. But it was a pretty uphill battle to convince millions who couldn't give two shits about the second tier Jets getting their own stadium, AND convince them to pay.

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is probably the only way that we have to shame the Johnsons into getting serious about fixing this or selling the team. The NFL is pretty much a rigged system in that it's virtually impossible, especially in New York, to hit the owners in the wallet enough for them to care. They're going to make money hand-over-fist regardless.

A well thought out and, most importantly, relentless campaign is the way to go. It has to go beyond the now standard billboards and flyovers, though.

15. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

This is the only way. I really don’t understand why some people here can’t wrap their heads around the idea that the Jets’ money won’t stop flowing into the Johnsons’ wallets if fans stop buying their merchandise and going to games.

Embarrassment is what Woody can’t seem to stand, so it shouldn’t be about his wallet, it should be about the public’s perception that he’s the worst owner in the NFL (even if Snyder is worse).

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Yonkers Raceway site would have been perfect..

joe and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I just thought of a great way to embarrass the Johnsons. Either write a letter or petition to Roger Goodell and get thousands of Jets fans to sign it, asking Goodell to either force the Johnsons to sell the Jets or fold the franchise for the good of the NFL.

Perhaps something like:

We the undersigned are long-time, faithful Jets fans. We are sick of the gross incompetence and ignorance of Jets owners from Leon Hess through the current owners Woody and Chris Johnson, of the team continually being a three-ring circus, making bad hires, continually losing, and with little changing over the last 50+ years. We love the NFL but have suffered enough heartache, disappointment, frustration and embarrassment at the hands of the NY Jets. Therefore, in order to preserve the integrity of the game and for the good of the public image of the NFL, we do hereby request that you do one of the following three things:

1) you (Roger Goodell) appoint an experienced, quality football man to run the Jets and force the Johnsons to step back and let him run the team unhindered for a minimum of 5 years;
    2) force the Johnsons to sell the team so that at least we can have hope that the new owner won't be a complete idiot like the Johnsons are; or
    3) fold the franchise and permanently end our misery.

We could also send copies to every major sporting news outlet. Of course Goodell wouldn't act upon it, but the Johnsons would definitely hear about it and would suffer a great deal of embarrassment. Perhaps that might be enough to either force them to hire a football man to run the team or sell the team.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Wahoo like this.
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Yonkers, the City of Hills ....where nothing's on the level."

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yes, it would have taken effort, no doubt. But it could have been accomplished. Billionaires tend to be able to get things done if they want to do it. If Jerry Jones owned the Jets, you think he would have gotten it done? I think so.

NCJetsfan likes this.