Jet Nation perhaps on the brink..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

nycarl, Leicester Jet, Jets69 and 8 others like this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Good read. And is there really a notion that CJ is sticking with gase to show that fans don’t run the team? If so he’s dumber than I thought.

Jedi mind tricks and Chrisiue like this.
  3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Hes 100% right in terms of fans losing trust in Chris Johnson. CJ even said in his press conference to trust him on the decision to keep Gase. Like why should we? Almost every move he has made has been complete failure. The media and the team act like fans are out for blood just for Gase, but I think the only reason were going after him is because we know the owners arent going to leave

PabloJa, Red Menace, Chrisiue and 3 others like this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Woody is sticking with gase because he lacks intelligence, confidence and wisdom. He has zero understanding of how to lead.

He manages large organizations as well as he parents.

#4 Donttasemebro, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Since you moved my original link to this article here, I figured I'd copy my summation of my read of that:

In essence, all they've given fans is empty promises, and exhortations to "Hang in there! We're turning the corner! We're moving in the right direction!", but what actual substance backs up any of those statements? Nine years without a playoff appearance! How is that "moving in the right direction"? And why should anyone believe anything the Johnsons say? Really, the only argument that can be made for continuing to support this team is the need to justify the monumental waste of time, energy, emotion, and money we've invested. But, like a broken gambler who continues to believe that the next bet will make him whole, we just keep sinking deeper into it.

The Jets are a sucker's team.

nycarl, IIMeanDeanII, PabloJa and 6 others like this.
  6. Cman68

I did credit your finding it first CC...

7. ColoradoContrails

I wasn't criticizing you, just wanted to include my comment about it.:)

KurtTheJetsFan, Cman68 and CBG like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When Woody left for Britain, the Jets were a mess, but they were still the Jets. What we're seeing now doesn't even deserve to be called the Jets. Wake me up if they ever come back, until then I'm only here because I like the people on this board.

PabloJa, Cman68, Red Menace and 6 others like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman Thanks for posting that as I missed it. That is pure Gold and yes it is absolutely on the Money ! I have not gone to a Jet game in 4 or 5 years and in the previous 30 years I had only missed a handful of home games. I have done other things this year rather than watch = WE CAN RELATE to what the author is saying at least I can as The Eagles sang "I am already gone"

Chrisiue likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just sell the damn team and move them who cares at this point

Chrisiue likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We had this discussion after the Dolphins loss last week. Many fans voiced these similar feelings and concerns. It is truly unfortunate that they have done this to the fan base. There is hope though: Joe Douglas. Any die hard or serious fan will stick around to see if he really can right the ship and build this team properly around Sam.

That feeling he talked about it real though. You literally have to shut off your emotions as a defense mechanism. Otherwise, you will be crushed by this team! So yes, a win over the Giants, or hearing Gase is back didn't mean as much as it usually would for most of us. Part of it is playing for the playoffs though. That is why we watch sports. To win and make the postseason. Losing to the Dolphins, dropping to (1-7) was the NAIL in the coffin that even optimistic fans like myself can't ignore. Sam ignored it after beating the Giants, but then he thought it through! :D

Chrisiue likes this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The only option is to stop watching football which I told my wife I was gonna do when we were down to the Giants last week. The win gave me enough strength to watch the NFL for another week. I would bet every penny I have we are going to lose to a horrible football team playing a rookie that ain’t ready. You ain’t seen nothing yet this fan base is gonna blow after losing yo Haskins

13. ColoradoContrails

I don't know how the rest of "Jets Nation" feels. Maybe the majority of them - probably much younger than I am, and having suffered through far less disappointment and losing than I have - are annoyed, or maybe even angry to some degree, but can rationalize that as simply part of being a fan of a team. But for me, this is the most depressed and hopeless I've ever felt as a Jets fan.

We've had 9 years of no playoffs! In that time we've been asked to be patient for three - so far - "rebuilds"! And as with all "fresh starts" as we were promised this year would be, we were all highly optimistic that we would finally see some progress, not necessarily playoffs, but the signs of a firm foundation that would soon lead us there. And yet, once again, here we are - WORSE than we were at this time last year! And what does Chris Johnson do? He ENDORSES the guy most responsible (at this point since Macc who held that title is gone already), and says he'll be around at least through another season on top of the mess of the season he's already created! That means it will be at least two more years before we even get to reset once again and start from scratch!

At this point I really don't know what I'll do. When you've rooted for a team for over 57 years, it's not so simple to just decide to stop. And I'm not into making empty threats, nor naive enough to think anyone cares whether I remain a fan or not, so this isn't about making some big pronouncement that I QUIT! But really just a way to vent, and maybe add to the voice of all those others who feel this way, in maybe if enough people speak out, it will get loud enough for the Johnsons to hear.

PabloJa, Cman68, NCJetsfan and 6 others like this.
  14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

None of this apathy will change anything until revenue is affected. I was shocked when I saw the Jets attendance figures (% stadium capacity) for MetLife this season. I thought fan indifference would have begun to take hold but, there we were, near the top of the standings generating millions of dollars for dumb owners.

Fair play to the fans that turn up and watch this shit but they are doing more harm than good at this juncture.

Chrisiue and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Cman68

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of those attendance numbers. Mostly Corporate and road team fans vs. Jet fans. This is why it doesn't matter if we follow the team or buy the swag.

Leicester Jet and Chrisiue like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Jets Nation just needs to step up the protests.

A well thought out social media campaign is essential.

Cat memes always work...

jets_fan and Chrisiue like this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but for my part, the hiring of Gase made it pretty clear to me that there was no reason to be optimistic about this franchise for the foreseeable future. I was pissing and moaning while many others were getting hyped about this season. I take no pleasure in being right about this, but I am glad I got all my gnashing of teeth out of the way back in the summer.

This, too, shall pass. It's the Jets, though, so whatever comes next might be even worse.

ColoradoContrails and Chrisiue like this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Some (all?) of the fans on here who are angry with CJ for not firing Gase also criticize CJ when he gets involved with the team. "Owners need to leave football decisions to the football men".

"Meddling owners ruin teams!!!"

"CJ needs to meddle in the team NOW!!!!"

19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Geeee tell me something I don't know. I stopped caring years ago :) It's SOJ again and again.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The beauty of life is everyone gets to make their own choices. If rooting for the Jets makes you so miserable then by all means stop rooting for the Jets, just please don’t make one of those pathetic woe is me I’m leaving posts.

I’m a Jets fan for life, unless they left the NY area and became something other than the NY Jets. For me it’s become more than the outcome of a football game. First it was watching football with my dad when I was a kid, then it became all the memories of having season tickets with my best friends as I got older to now enjoying every Sunday watching the games with my boys. Sure I want them to win more than they do but even when they lose which has become far too often I’m still enjoying the hobby of it and the company.

I’m still confident I’ll see them win it all one day although that confidence is definitely starting to dissipate. I know for sure when they do win, it will make all the “suffering” worth it.