#FireAdamGase Billboard GoFundMe page

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Seriously, it seems a little disingenuous when it's not signed off by "-Jets Fans" or something of the sort (since they are the ones that funded it with donations), and instead made into an ad. But, whatever.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is about to get insane. Looking forward to what happens next with this.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jets beat the Giants and the Johnsons come out and say Gase will be back in 2020 that's a shock huh ? As I said last week was the Jets and Johnsons Super Bowl so now they give this ass clown Gase a vote of confidence even though there are still 7 games remaining and god only knows how bad the Jets will look in these games or how ill prepared Gase might be never mind if Darnold regresses worse YET Johnson gives this jack ass Gase a vote of confidence. BTW for anyone who wants to know what I would have said was ( first of all I would never have hired this Jack Ass Gase if I were the owner ) but my reply today would have been " there is still a lot of football and games left to be played and Adam Gase is our coach " that would be my answer. Who in their right mind can even think about NEXT year when this team is currently a train wreck ?

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets fans gonna be homeless funding planes and the creator of the gofundme page’s marketing.

5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

New anti-Johnsons website will be up before the season is over. I can promise that.

Brook! likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Let me know if theres a gofund me for this

7. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

They gotta change the narrative if they stick to their plan of putting up billboards and flying planes with messages, now they gotta “sell the team”. FUCK CHRIS JOHNSON btw

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sir

Let me know how I can help. Ready to help in any way I can. But that website has to be up and we have to pay for a robot to make it Top Trend in USA.

I am fucking tired of Johnson brothers and their ineptitude.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No offense, but this is just a waste of money and a dumbass idea to get what we all want.

They don't give a shit.

The decision was made to hang on to Adam Gase. The players loved it and there are MANY in the sports world that feel that firing a head coach, of any team, after one year is a dumb move.

Flying a plane won't change the decision.

Move on

Dierking and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not often we agree Falco, but this time you're absolutely right. CEO SuperFan has boxed the entire franchise into a self made corner. He can't fire the lousy HC because that would make his franchise look even more ridiculous. He can't extend the lousy HC without risking an even bigger fan revolt. The GM can't fire the lousy HC because he lacks the authority due to the CEO's org chart. Even if fans stay away, the stadium stays filled with fans from the road team and Corporate ticket buyers making an impression and closing business deals.

Its a lose/lose for the immediate future for the loyal fans of this woe begone franchise. The Johnsons buying this franchise was the rough equivalent of giving the entire jet fanbase Cholera.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Falco21

And this whole idea that if fans don't show up, it will change the owners mind, is ridiculous.

I live in Miami. The locals here are some of the WORST fans in any sport. Granted, the teams here suck, but there are more empty seats than people at any Dolphins game or Marlins game. Both have been the same way for YEARS.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Can you support the bolded contention?

13. Falco21

14. Ralebird

Your contention was "the players loved it." Your references, which I have seen hardly prove the point.

If a bunch of players had stated they loved Gase without prompting, I might buy in but when a handful are asked do you really expect any of them to throw their boss under the bus? Have you ever worked anywhere that the employees would publicly criticize their boss? I would also note that the common theme in the NJ.com piece was the players saying they didn't like change, not that Gase was getting the job done.

We shall see what happens, but I'll be extremely surprised if anyone "loves" the situation they're in.

15. Falco21

Consider yourself surprised.

http://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-qb...ad-coach-adam-gase-back-next-season/311873564

Jets QB Sam Darnold says it 'would be absolutely amazing' to have head coach Adam Gase back next season

16. Ralebird

Surprised? Why would I be surprised about a guy saying what I already responded to?

He was answering a question, not offering unsolicited support.
    He was looking out for continuity for himself, nothing personal about Gase.
    He still hasn't said he'd "love" to see Gase back.

You can look at it any way you want but you're simply gilding the lily with that love talk and ignoring the obvious: employees don't make public statements that don't support their boss.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What? He just said he'd love to have Gase back. You can read in between the lines all you want, as to whether he's being genuine or not, or he's saying it because it's really the only answer he's allowed to say.

But you can't read that article and act like he dodged the question. He said he wants him back. That's a fact. It can't be disputed. You can only dispute whether it's genuine or not.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that ALL the players including Sam Darnold said publicly that they wanted Todd Bowels back the following year , sad thing is the Johnsons were of that belief also when many of us here knew better

KurtTheJetsFan, Ralebird and PabloJa like this.
  19. Ralebird

Amazing and love are not the same thing, you're the one reading between the lines. And nobody claimed he dodged a question, only gave a very predictable answer.

The question is why does he want Gase back. Is it because he believes that Gase can improve the play and success of the whole team or, as he mentioned, that they wont have to learn another new system? I don't care if the entire team needs to learn a new system even twice a year; I want a coach who can develop a winning culture and the record to prove it.

PabloJa likes this.
  20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Do you expect anything else from the Jets than settling for extreme mediocrity? You need neither an airplane, nor a banner to figure that one out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.