Would u trade Vilma for a 2nd and 5th round pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Dec 13, 2006.

1. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Vilma is a keeper for sure. Would those picks be as good? It boils down to who we'd draft. Under Mangini we've had only one draft. Some really good picks came out of that. And, some wait and sees. So, considering that we don't yet know how well we'd pick I'd have to say we should keep Vilma.

2. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Yup, I think that about sums it up... :beer:

3. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

It's funny. Vilma.....when he 1st arrived, replaced the Marvin Jones & Mo Lewis gang. He was the shinny new penny & faster
    than anybody else Jets' had at Lb position at the time. Since that time though...Jets' have changed defensive systems & added players to the LB position. My #1 questions is...Why do the Jets' staff feel Vilma is best suited in the middle ? I see that he fits in best at OLB; where he can seal the corner & put pressure on the passer. Hobson....who is clearly too slow to play OLB; fits perfectly in the middle ....where he's bigger & hits harder !!!

Vilma will come to be in time a good ILB in the 3-4, but as of now...he's just a bit to small & another funny thing about Vilma, he hasn't shown to be a hitter. He very seldoms drives runner back on impact of tackle ( I can't say hit, cause he doesn't hit, he tackles & when tackling McGhee...he's usually driven backwards...lol:breakdance: ) .

So, as far as trading Vilma for draft picks...I don't know.... It all depends on how Vilma handles not being the best player on the team ? How Vilma handles sharing the spot-light ? How Vilma handles Rhodes being the most talented player on the Defense right now, after having the spot-light the past few seasons ? If he can handle that, then I say keep Vilma, but if he can't handle not being the most talked about Jet'....then I say trade him....Time will tell.

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Would you like to know why the coaching staff puts him in the middle? BECAUSE HE IS A BALL HAWKER! Thats what he uses his quickness for. Dont trade him...he is a good fit for any defensive system. That's the kind of work ethic he has and the kind of athlete he is

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

How in the hell can you trade someone after the seasons Vilma had? Are you really like this bro? It'd literally be one of the dumbest things any organization could do if you trade a player like Vilma this past offseason after the seasons he had...

Go crawl in a shell.

6. vanyjetsfan

vanyjetsfan Member

This trade would never happen, not even worth talking about

7. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Was Vilma activated today? Let me go check the stats...oh ok...the Inside Middle Linebacker had 2 1/2 tackles....zero sacks,zero interceptions. ANOTHER dominating performance.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He actually played one of his better games to be honest. Good in coverage, around the ball, almost his 1st sack on a nice play by Jackson...And most importantly helped hold Chester Taylor...

Still not flashy and still not fully acclimated in the 3-4 in what has been a very frustrating season for him, he did pretty good today.

9. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Eck...To be fair. I think he is OK. But not what you expect of a high draft pick. I know he has some "intangibles", but FAR from a SUPERSTAR backer.

10. greenteam

greenteam New Member

somebody burn this topic...

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He has actually exceeded his "high selection" status with his 1st two seasons...

And again, I can deal with not having a Superstar, he's a good player.

12. greenteam

greenteam New Member

he"s also really good at calling the plays before the other team snaps the ball to put the players in the right position to make plays...

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

For a 1st and 3rd I might. I think over time he'll be a good player in the 3-4, but not the player he once was in the 4-3. Two first day picks would be worth it, IMO.