AFC/NFC Wild Card Race

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

It's going to be a wild finish in the AFC with most of the conference still in the hunt. The NFC is going to be a lot tougher to get into with the North and West likely pulling their top two teams in.

The Bills are starting to unravel on schedule, as they always do when they get off to these great starts. They still play the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, and Patriots, and then us and the Dolphins. I would love nothing more than to go to Orchard Park and spoil it for them like they did to us in 2015.

2. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

It's all about consistency. Unless the Niners collapse, I don't see any of the NFC teams "in the hunt" being consistent enough to catch Minnesota/GB or SF/SEA from 2 games back. Not the Panthers, not the "WTF is wrong with this team" Rams, sure as fuck not the Cowboys/Eagles.

AFC? LOL. By talent alone, the Texans and Chiefs going forward ought to win those divisions running away, yet here we are with a game of separation between half the conference. As for which backup QB takes the wild card(s)? Flip a coin.

Only thing I'm fairly sure of is that I'm not buying the Raiders or Bills.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bills got screwed yesterday. They go up 16-12 and the Browns fumble a pitch and the Bills return it for a touchdown. Essentially clinching the game

then the referees called a pitch to a running back, a forward pass.

yeah....

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Seattle plays Philadelphia, Rams, Vikings, San Fran, AZ and Carolina at Carolina down the stretch. I can easily see Dallas/Philadelphia both get in. The Rams, Carolina, Dal/Philadelphia, and Carolina are still in it. They all play each other down the stretch. Seattle has been torched on D. Wilson has been magic. They are a sprained ankle from losing a bunch of games down the stretch.

It should be crazy. The AFC West should be crazy. Sucks to be a Jets fan but there should be lots of interesting games the last 3 weeks.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It was a forward pass. It was the same type of play that the Chiefs run where they touch pass it forward.

Biggs likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

its a bullshit call. thats not a pass. id be furious if our Jets lost on that stupid shit

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It was reviewed and it looked like a badly executed toss by Mayfield. It definitely wasn't a lateral. When I saw it in real time I didn't even see it hit the ground, it almost looked like a fumble that was picked off. The review seemed pretty clear. Hard to argue based on the current rules. Maybe the rules should be changed to consider these a handoff instead of a pass? I agree with you in principle but the rules are pretty clear.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

yeah, I'd say the rules should be changed. A very simple change - a forward pass should actually be a pass that goes forward, instead of a little pitch straight up in the air

oh well, hopefully Buffalo misses out on the wild card by a tiebreaker and their cavemen fans have to stew on that call all offseason

Biggs likes this.
  9. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

10. C63Baller

C63Baller Member

Love how all of you homers and jest faithful love to talk head about Buffalo and other teams as being crap when your horrible team wins a few games. Then you all crap the bed completely and can’t even score against the worst team in the NFL. Your team and fans are a complete joke! Laughing stock of the NFL Hahahaha...

BuffaloBills06 and jilozzo like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

GL going into KC or Houston :)

13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Last I checked we don't hold the record for most consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance. Oh and we have a Lombardi.. what do the Bills have? A first round loss again.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  14. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Was it even called a Lombardi when the Jets won it? I could've sworn Lombardi was still alive when the Jets won a Super Bowl........hell Jimmy Hendrix and Sonny Liston were still alive.lol

15. J-Raw24

A trophy back then is still better than no trophy at all. When was the last time bills even made it to the afc championship game?

16. BrowningNagle

dude. you are smack talking about something that happened 50 years ago. the Bills won 4 AFC championships in a row by the way and they are 9-4 right now whilst our Jets are 5-8

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. J-Raw24

I understand that. But him coming in and acting like the Bills have been this great organization for years is the problem. They are decent this year granted, but they also have the longest playoff drought in history. Not like they are the Steelers or Green Bay. They could be utter garbage next year. NFL changes year to year, only some teams stay competitive. Bills aren't one of those.

18. BrowningNagle

and neither are the Jets

19. J-Raw24

I agree completely. We have a way to go. But neither team has a right to brag.

20. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Yeah okay

Woodhead and BuffaloBills06 like this.