2019 NFL Week 10: New York Giants at New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 8, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ya'll think Gase is bad but what in the bloody hell was Shurmur thinking punting to the Jets with just a little over 2 mins left and no timeouts. that's basically ending the game on a coaching decision.

also, Saquon Barkley can't block. that's obvious. The Jets blitzed and he continually didn't pick anyone up. You'd think Shurmur would adjust and keep him on the bench on 3rd downs.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

They kept Barkley in on 3rd down to keep the Jets D off balance...you know, in case Barkley EXPLODED for another yard! hahahaha

Patriot, Acad23 and BrowningNagle like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

True, but that still doesn't negate the fact that Gase IS bad.

The only difference was that he was lucky. Sam and Adams came to play yesterday, along with a few others, which made up for his usual shitty game plan and game adjustments.

4. BrowningNagle

Gase's shitty game plan got the Jets a 14-0 lead before I grabbed my first beer refill. maybe you wait till next week before you go back to drinking cyanide

5. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, as long as he has a week to figure it out, he can create a great game plan! But then what happened? The Giants went on a run, the Jets stagnated - Gase had no answers. It was only when Darnold, Adams, and a few others took things into their own hands that the Jets came back.

And BTW: I am willing to give him credit. I even posted at one point "Gase isn't the problem in this game so far", but then he went and ruined that by continuing to call plays that had Sam drop straight back and not use his mobility, and the two wasted challenge flags, etc. He's a bad HC.

6. BrowningNagle

uhhhh.... that's exactly what a game plan is lol

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Two things:

1. Jets did improve with their first drive of the game. (Against bad teams, nonetheless, but still an improvement.) That part is called 'SCRIPTED PHASE.' Sam did very well in the first drive last week too.
    2. Jets start sucking once the scripted phase is over. This is on the coach too. This is where game planning start kicking in.
    3. game plan and scripting are two different things. Gase is maybe decent with this scripting part (against bad teams notwithstanding) but his game plan sucks hard. Make no mistake about it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It was brutal after the 2nd drive to like the 5th (maybe?) before Darnold started making plays. We make absolutely no adjustments after the scripted phase is over.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Two bad teams with their fans pinning their faith on two young QB's. Faith aka a belief based on a lack of any tangible evidence.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Quick question... I had a terrible vantage point in the stadium, was the flea flicker on Smith or Sam? Looked like Sam but I heard a guy behind me say Twitter was blaming Smith for slowing down.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Smith's route was flat. He was running more horizontal than trying to get down field.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Smith... he did hesitate....... If he runs full speed the ball is right there for him.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ah man that's extremely annoying. I'm more upset that it was Smith and not Sam because that means the throw was fantastic and the guy who the play was designed for botched it.

Oh well, I'll take what I can get these days.

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Yet another Jets receiver named Smith that will soon be bagging groceries.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Meaning the first 15-20 plays. After that...not so much.

16. ColoradoContrails

It was on Smith. Right after he accelerated to get free, he sort of slowed or hesitated. It was weird. Had he just kept going all out Sam would've hit him in stride.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

For what it's worth ...
    Week in, week out, win or lose ... the Jets postgame show is MUCH more entertaining than the Giants.
    Just sayin'

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Shurmur is a dreadful coach. He mismanaged the Cardinals game horribly too.

I questioned what he was doing all game long. It almost felt like neither side wanted to win in the middle of the game. Bad coaches absolutely shines against other bad coaches.

19. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Didn't the Giants want Matt Patricia? Or perhaps Patricia or Mcdaniels over Shurmur but pretty much had no choice? He was all that was

20. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ah, the football gods have answered my prayers! It is amazing how quiet the Giant fans at work are. They act as though the game never happened.

Something tells me they will be back next year telling me how the Giants are going to be good again. They will be proudly wearing their Giant gear and acting again like the Giants are God's team.

Giant fans may say the Jets suck. But guess what Giant fans, your team really sucks!