WR squad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This little thought has been nagging behind me for some time but:

1. Am I the only one to think that, maybe, JUST MAYBE, Demaryus Thomas and Jamison Crowder are more consistent than Robby the Twig?

2. Where was Twiggy today anyway?

3. Maybe we're better off trading Robby for a decent pick and draft a stud WR with high pick next year? Of course that means both Demaryus and Crowder get to stay for a year or two.

What do you think?

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I've been saying for months that we need to take a WR from this upcoming draft as it's a deep class for the position.

Robby is a good #3 WR and an ok #2 at best. He is not indispensable.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

RA is nothing special. A #3 at best. I'd trade him for picks in a heartbeat.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Why not keep him and grab a Jeudy/ D.Smith or Lamb in the draft???

Lamb/Crowder/Robby is a solid corps.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He may be able to do other things, but the deep ball is his thing. That's what makes him a player. When the OL struggles to block out a 3 man rush for more than a couple of seconds that kind of takes his mojo away.

6. ColoradoContrails

He's a luxury on this team. They need someone who can make ALL the catches. With this OL Sam doesn't have time to get him deep. For the right draft capital I'd trade him.

tomdeb likes this.
  7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I've been saying this since last year and got in arguments every time. Now that the season is here ppl are seeing him for what he is

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Isn't he a UFA?? How much capital can the Jets really get for him? I'd rather sign him to a nice deal and continue to have weapons for Darnold. Just don't want to take away toys that a young QB would need.

9. ColoradoContrails

If that's true, then yeah, probably better to keep him. Still, we need serious upgrade in receiving corps.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Anderson sucks. Small hands, and really frail on contact. He also isn't very good on anything coming back to the ball because if the wind blows, he falls down or suddenly can't attack the ball.

He's a deep threat in the slot kind of receiver. Devery Henderson back in the day with the Saints. He'd be really good at that. But I don't know if the really good quarterbacks would deal with him giving up on routes and dropping everything with any sort of contact.

He's also a free agent sooo we won't be able to get anything for him. Which is why we should've traded him when we had the chance.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Uh, Thomas and Crowder are by far better players than Anderson. Anderson's route running still leaves a lot to be desired. At least he catches the ball sometimes which is slightly better than Stephen Hill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Robby would be better with a legit WR next to him, he’s clearly not a #1 that can handle all the attention. Plus an OL that can block long enough for Darnold to get the ball to Anderson would help too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Thomas has been better then I expected...I wouldn't pay Robby or draft a WR in the first round I would sign another solid WR in free agency to go along with Crowder, Thomas, Herdon, and Bell...those players are fine at the skill positions for a rebuilding team we have bigger needs at the top of the draft.

Brook! likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Trading him isn’t an option. He is a free agent at season’s end

15. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

If Quincy (always injured) Enunwack is still getting paid by this organization next year I will be livid.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Robbie was an undrafted free agent for a reason. If we could get a third or fourth rounder for him I'd be shocked

17. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Until this team gets an offensive line, Anderson is nothing more than a decoy to stretch the field. Obviously, his biggest strength is a very low percentage deep route, and there is clearly no time for that. In 3 seasons, I think I've seen him break less than a handful of tackles and that doesn't compute with the way this offense is designed. Every time they throw him a WR jet play, I hold my breath that he gets up. At this very moment, we have to face the music and realize he's an average receiver within the current state of this offense. On paper, I was looking forward to him having a big year.

Having Herndon back at 100% might make a difference for Anderson and the rest of the offense this year, especially against the rest of the schedule. But honestly, nothing will make a REAL difference until Darnold has some protection back there.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The window on trading Robbie has pretty much closed. He will be a FA following this season. Why wouldn't some team just sign him rather than let the Jets re-sign him and then try to trade for him? Similarly, why would the Jets re-sign him, and then turn around and trade him?

19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm personally kind of agnostic on Robby. I was an early supporter and I still feel like he's a good arrow to have in the quiver, a nice tool in the toolbox, whatever.... but not at ALL what I picture when I think of a "#1" WR I'd like to see him stick around but I wouldn't exactly break the bank for him.

I'm pretty high on DT though. He's obviously not a stud #1 type guy anymore either but that's fine. I really like having him on the team and hope the Jets keep him through next season as the "crafty vet" type that catches the clutch throw on 3rd down. Kind of like Cotchery used to do for the Jets a few years back.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pretty sure you’re going to be livid.

stinkyB and Jonathan_Vilma like this.