Darnold vs Miami - Film room video

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 94Abraham, Nov 9, 2019.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This video has a great breakdown on a lot of plays last game and really shows some of main problems with Darnold and his regression (mainly due to Oline). Enjoy.

Noam, The Dark Knight and MoWilkBeast like this.
  2. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

His stuff is very good. Cool music too.

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Enjoy may not be the right word. Thanks for posting though.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Quite damning really :(

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks...I think.

It may already be too late for Darnold. This clearly shows that he's "seeing ghosts" and hearing footsteps. He has massively regressed from last year. And what's the difference? Coaching.

Thanks Chris, for hiring such an idiot as a HC. An idiot who's an egomaniac that doesn't think he's the problem! I stand by my comparison from the other day: The Jets are the St. Louis Browns of football - with this ownership, they will never become winners. Here's a invitation to all the masochistic Cubs fans who feel lost ever since the Cubbies left their losing image behind: come and root for the NY Jets who will never disappoint you in their ability to find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great video, @94Abraham. Thanks for posting! Why can't the guy who made that video be the Jets Head Coach instead of Gase?

That video showed what we all have been afraid of and upset about: Everything is terrible. It is a combination of bad things and they are causing our franchise QB to fall apart. It is so upsetting and frustrating. Makes me sick. The O-line, the coaching, the play calling, the route running by the WR's, just awful. And it is getting to our young 22 year old QB, who is coming off mono. Only so much he can do.

SOJAZ, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And all of the bold is directly due to the HC!:mad:

How our "brilliant" owner can't see that is testimony to his complete and utter lack of football knowledge. You know there really ought to be an "entrance exam" given to all prospective professional franchise owners. They should at least have a passing knowledge of the game they're wanting to be involved in, or if they fail the test, they are limited to a "silent partner" form of ownership.

The Dark Knight, SOJAZ and K'OB like this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

But but but

it’s not Gase!

It’s the stupid fans

/end sarcasm

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

From NYD News: the Cliff’s Notes version of Gase’s offenses as a head coach.

He’s ranked 24th, 25th, 31st and currently 32nd in total offense. He’s ranked 26th, 19th, 30th and currently 32nd in passing. He’s ranked ninth, 29th, 18th and currently 32nd in rushing. He’s ranked 17th, 28th, 26th and currently 32nd in scoring.

The Jets are also last in the NFL in yards per play, first downs, sacks allowed per pass play and third-down efficiency this season. They’ve been an undisciplined mess with the second most penalties for the fourth-most penalty yards.

The Jets offense has scored 72 points through eight games (nine points per game). They’re on pace to shatter the franchise record for fewest points per game set in 1976 under Lou Holtz (150).

What a disaster and its a dam shame what they have done to Sam... CC maybe right, he may never get better ever but that is a sure thing with this Coaching staff.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ohio State scored more points in one game today than the Jets have all year...

11. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

This video is fake news. Darnold is my QB with ice in his veins

12. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

FIRE GASE TODAY...I’m serious

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Like your post, "your QB" is set up to fail.

14. nyjetsmets89

With mechanics like those, you betcha. We saw it at USC. You chose not to.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Bowles...Gase. . Try to keep up.

16. nyjetsmets89

You know there’s trouble when you fire up the Miami D knowing they’re going to stifle Sammy d. Got Giants going this week...

17. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

lets trade Darnold and draft Joe Burrow

18. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I am sure that is on the radar. Problem is, Burrow has talent around him.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I see Darnold regressing.
    2. That said - just how bad is this offensive line? THEY CANNOT HANDLE SIMPLE 3-MEN/4-MEN RUSH. And they are consistently blowing their assignments all over the place - edge, middle, you name it. The worst part is, this fact is in Darnold's head, obviously. He releases the ball too early even when the protection is somehow adequate. He doesn't trust that his protection will hold up enough. And he is usually right. As the video clearly shows.
    3. Well. Big fuck-you to Idiot Idzik and Magic Mike for this clusterfuck. If I am Joe Douglas, I am sending Sam to IR for whatever hypothetical reason I can concoct and shut him down for the year. Yes, I agree he needs experience, but I am not leaving him out dry like this. If I do keep him on active roster, I am demoting him to a backup, and signing whoever will take the beating in his stead. Sam will only come out for a mop-up duty after the game has been won already, preferably in 4th quarter. Walsh did that with Montana anyway - so why the hell not?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Some of this video on the regression of darnold is absolute bullshit. Throwing off his back foot because his lineman is in his face because he sucks, but darnold is supposed to step into the throw. Maybe he shouldn't even throw it at all.

Which receiver he picks. I'm not saying Darnold is going to be great or good yet, but the guy is 22, in a new system that sucks ass, with protection that sucks ass, with receivers that suck ass, with the exception of Crowder, and hasn't even played a full season.

Anyone can make a video these days apparently, and it becomes "insightful"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk