Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The one (only?) thing I appreciate about Gase is that he's not a quitter. Lining up in the power I and trying to run it up the gut the whole game because the offense can't do anything else, would be quitting.

Again the games would be less dramatic, it would look like last season. maybe the field goal kicker makes the pro bowl again since he'd be kicking field goals all game. But the Jets wouldn't win. So why not play a modern spread offense so the QB can learn it? Who the fuck cares if you lose by 7 or 27

--

the playaction play design criticism you have is fair, I get that

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Absolutely there are. Sure we all know how horrible this team has been at drafting. Wischusen is stating the obvious there. And I've always liked him, a pretty good listen. However what he is conveniently not stating is how poor of an in-game coach Gase is, his extremely highly questionable play calling, his perplexing blocking schemes and other shortcomings that he should be directly held accountable for. So to act like it's not largely Gase's fault is bs.

Every talking head wants to have a hot take. Honestly I am sick of all of them. This organization needs to take a more simplistic approach. Get a proven HC in here with a winning track record, adopt his system, draft better which under Douglas I'm hoping is the case (if not he get his ass the hell out of here quickly) and start putting together a true team.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, the talent is bad, but he's a jerk. He talks like he is the only one using facts and thinking rationally. BS!!!! The facts are that other teams have holes and injuries and rookie QBs and they get those players looking like they belong and the teams are at least competitive. The Jets weren't competitive before all the injuries started piling up. They still haven't fixed the blocking scheme. There have been little or no adjustments. We all know the drill. Wischusen needs to STFU.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is letting Darnold get bruised and battered with unblocked rushers helping him develop? How is lousy play calling helping him develop? Get real.

NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll chalk your answer up in the "feel warm and cozy about losing" category.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I get the sentiment. And I'm mostly beyond the point of caring about the quarterbacks mental state and psych and all that bullshit. No more sensitivity. The kid makes whatever he makes to perform and if he wants to get paid even more money he better start playing better regardless of the scenarios.

But I think it's more about looking at the player and his youthful strengths than it is about him being a pussy.

He's never really run a true spread. And he missed a month of not only games but also practice, in a system that he's only had one training camp with and is effectively his third system in three years. I think you'd be improved passing results having him taking more traditional under center three and five step drops and throw the ball when you hit the back foot. Rather than forcing him to change his footwork and shit while trying to figure out the defense in an offense that he doesn't know how to run.

It reminds me of what Gardner Minshew said about his first couple starts. "I was just trying to figure out what we were doing, forget the defense."

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Darnold, Siemian, and Falk all look like the same QB running this offense.
    What is the common denominator?

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

During Gase' tenure the dolphins had the following records:
    2016 (10-6)
    2017 (6-10)
    2018 (7-9)

I certainly think they could have faired better in 2017-2018, I'm not sure about getting 10 wins for both seasons, I'd argue 8-9 would be more appropriate

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They could have but as you admit they were at best a mediocre team so they also could have fared worse. 8 or 9 wins even pulled out of your ass isn't a good NFL team.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

DELETED.
    My memory is not as good as it used to be.
    How depressing.

#2090 truthbtold, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  11. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The thing is Gase is a quitter. He totally quit last yr on the Fins after he had a fight with Ross.

Noam and Wahoo like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bob Withhishoeson will be one of the all time great Jets game day play by play guys..Good or bad rosters and I love his calls

So ok Bob ..you make some fair points that ANY coach could suffer with the Team so sh$tty constructed

But tell me something ...do you really think the average Jet fan has the patience of several Saints to go thru 8 more games of losing and then get excited at the Bag of Groceries in FA and Draft Douglas buys for his buddy AG??

Yep..let's wait until the HC has different moving parts . What will Bob say next Summer after those players are assembled..probably "the Season will get better only if these guys stay healthy". Smh

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He quit in the back half of the Dolphins game.

That shit bugs me...the game wasn't out of reach and he just let the clock run.

Inexcusable.

NYJetsO12, Bellys Lies and Noam like this.
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

how many of those wins were against the Jets?

15. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Did she do it?

I’m at Disney world typing this shit on my phone. Shows you how effed up I am replying on a jets message board while on vacation. Sorry I didn’t dot the I and cross the T. I didn’t realize I cut the heading of the article off. If I wear a hair shirt for the week will I be absolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I knew that fucking thesaurus would get me in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepsiguy5 and Acad23 like this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking what Bob said in that video for a while now....it’s pretty obvious if you’re honest with yourself and watch the games

Except I couldn’t care less about firing Gase. I never thought that highly of him and he obviously hasn’t shown much. I think he’s been dealt a raw deal but life ain’t fair and he hasn’t really helped himself

Do I think another good coach would have this team doing well with the same exact circumstances? Absolutely not

This oline is incapable of supporting a winning a football team and it’s that simple. Can’t run the ball with a great running back and can’t pass block for shit. Can’t fix or scheme your way out of that one. They’re honestly one of the worst units I’ve ever seen

Never mind the rest of the terrible injuries and the almost as awful CB situation

Darnold is also not going to be “normal” until next season which people don’t really say. It takes months to fully recover from Mono, not weeks

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Here's a positive:

Weve had back to back opening drive TDs... Let's sign Gase to an Extension now lol.

But when was the last time we had opening drive TD? Opening drive is pre calculated, so give the Offensive GURU credit.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was 30 games IIRC. Aside from the last two weeks obviously.

azhar80 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I saw a kid working in McDonalds get fired last night for getting someones order wrong -----> that kid was more competent than Adam Freaking Gase.

Wahoo, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.