Keyshawn is offering help to save the Jets :-)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Ex-Jets star Keyshawn Johnson skewers team after loss to Dolphins, says Adam Gase shouldn't be coach

"I could've picked 25 coaches that were qualified over Adam Gase to be the next head coach of the New York Jets, and when you don't have that type of leadership, you get what you're getting,"

"Mike McCarthy," Johnson said. "... You're gonna pick Adam Gase over him? That doesn't make any sense to me. Unless he's got some skeletons in his closet nobody knows about, why would you do that?

"If Christopher Johnson wanted to have a conversation with me, we could have a real conversation about -- let's turn the Jets around," the former star wideout said. "I can help him do the right thing -- him and [general manager] Joe Douglas.

"We just need to talk. I don't even want the job. I'm enjoying ESPN, but let's talk. I promise you I can tell you some stuff that will get ya'll to the playoffs in the next couple of years. You just got to know what you're looking at."

:):):)

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sign him up. Does Keyshawn even still work for ESPN?

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson is a FREAK...how does he give the HC more control than the GM..luckily JD has a good draft record but my god. GASE IS GONE!

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

"But what happens is, the NFL is not like the NBA. It's a good ole boys network."

Can't disagree there.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Just throw him the damn clipboard?

6. Jonathan_Vilma

We should try it, honestly. John Lynch had zero experience in any front office capacity and was merely a broadcaster before he jumped on board with the 49ers and his team is undefeated. Keyshawn's gotten us multiple first rounders before. Maybe he can do it again.

James Hasty likes this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Teaming Keyshawn with Bart Scott and Damien Woody can’t be any worse than we’ve had before.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's hard to believe Gase is still the coach today. Darnold is regressing and Jamal Adams wants out. That's a 5-alarm fire and the Jets are treating it like a smoldering waste basket.

SOJAZ, HomeoftheJets and BacktoQueens like this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

What's funny is anyone could have predicted adam gase being a disaster. I'm not sure what CJ saw in Gase to expect him to be good.

This is an unmitigated disaster

BacktoQueens and Br4d like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

Peyton Manning vouched for him.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

The only way it could be reasonable is if we want to lose as many games as possible and destroy Darnold as much as possible so they can justify getting rid of him. Outside of that it makes no sense.

Br4d likes this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I love it. Bring him in. He can’t make things any worse.

13. We laugh but this needs to happen.The Jets greats who still give a sh*t need to set up some sort of conglomurate w a singular voice to either push the johnsons out or guide them to the answer.It goes back to an identity..and whats more meaningful than the voice of the great players of your past?

Keyshawn,Cmart,klecko,Namath,Scott,D woody,Shaun Ellis & hell even Revis.Sit down w this owner & fighre thus thing out.It affects their legacy too!

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

And? If I'm friends with someone and they are interviewing for a job, I can put a good word in and hope they get hired. Ultimately, Peyton Manning was so far into his career that he was his own offensive coordinator by the time he worked with Gase. We're talking about a first ballot HOF, one of the best QB's to play the game.

Gase has accomplished nothing.

Chris Johnson was an absolute tool to take Peyton Manning's recommendation into account, and I hope that it wasn't the reason Gase was hired. Chris Johnson, from this point forward, needs to take himself out of decision making, and just write the checks to run the organization. Joe Douglas has been around some of the best GM's and front offices in the league. He has a 6 year contract, let him pick the next HC and do not get involved

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I honestly will be shocked if he shitcans this buffoon before the season is over, maybe not even afterwards. This debacle of a hire is directly at the feet of CJ and he knows it. No outside evaluating group, no aged old-guys giving their input, no GM to blame - this is all his mess and I believe he will stay with Gase longer than he should because it makes him look beyond incompetent to hire a guy that EVERYBODY knew was going to be a disaster. Hope I am wrong...

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is great

I mean what a complete laughing stock franchise we have here

next we will see Otis Smith quotes on how he can help the Jets - and he’d probably be right

I like Keyshawn too!!

the billboards need to go up. Please link me to any youfund me links anyone sees for this

thanks

17. CotcheryFan

My guess is that it was one of the reasons and might've been the reason. :eek:

18. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Just give me the damn team!

I love big mouths who deliver.

:)

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

john lynch has been a much better GM then anyone could have ever expected.

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Sadly I tend to agree. I don't think CJ has the cajones to admit being wrong, cut his losses and start over.