I Was Wrong. An Apology To The Gang Green

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 4, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just wanted to make a post apologizing to all of the great Jets fans for giving you any false hope or confidence with my posts in 2019. I truly had high hopes and expectations for Adam Gase and the rest of the team. I thought he would turn Sam Darnold into an elite QB. I thought the additions of Bell and Crowder would make the offense unstoppable. I thought Gregg Williams would make the defense one of the best in the NFL. I was dead wrong.

Some other posters would say "Temper your expectations. It is going to be another rough season." I thought those fans were ridiculous! Some fans would not even give Adam Gase a chance. I thought they were being rude. Nope. You guys just understand the game better than others and don't let your blind faith get in the way of facts.

There is nothing wrong with being positive and optimistic, which you all know I am, but when the Jets play the way they have it makes you feel like a moron for ever believing in this joke of a team. If you stand up for something, and then they completely let you down, you feel like and look like the idiot in the end.

I still believe Joe Douglas can right this ship, but I don't know how long it will take. The Jets need a completely new O-line, CB's, WR's, Pass rushers, etc. It is a lot. I wish him well, but I know it won't be easy. I think they need a new Head Coach too, which is another mess. Hopefully they fix things before Sam is completely ruined.

In the end, I love talking about football with you guys, but I also like to think I do it in a knowledgeable way. Most of my posts this year have been incorrect, so I am sorry. Thank you guys for being here to discuss the Jets. In times like these, we need each other! :)

azhar80, nycarl, Pags2112 and 23 others like this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You're just to young to be destroyed by this franchise, I used to be optimistic and hopeful and positive as well, back 30yrs ago, this team will suck that out of you.

JeTsInTexas, NYJ79, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

welcome to the darkside!

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The only ones who owe an apology are Chris Johnson and Adam Gase.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No need to apologize for being a good fan. When it comes to prognostication Champ is the only one on the board who will never get it wrong.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No need to apologize. If everyone on this site thought the same way about everything related to the Jets, it would be a boring place.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Dark Knight you are a great poster and your posts enrich this board. We are all wrong quite often. I thought we would destroy Miami and I am still in shock that we lost to them.

Brook!, NCJetsfan, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

There's nothing to apologize for DK. You're simply being a fan, which normally means holding optimism against all odds. Even the most cynical of us are doing that because we're still here aren't we? And you want the same thin as we all do: for the Jets to finally jettison their SOJ mentality and become a consistent winning team. I too had convinced myself to have hope, even after being very disappointed that Gase was hired, and actually thought maybe we could finish 9-7, or at worst 8-8. But then came the actual games, and I saw firsthand that my worst fears were justified: Gase is a lousy coach.

On the plus side, your eyes are now wide open and you can see what your hear kept you from seeing. From your posts over the years I know you are knowledgeable and can tell what's good and what's bad, and injecting some optimism and hope into the forum isn't the biggest crime in the world.:)

Hang in there! You'll be posting here long after an old fart like me is gone.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fire The Dark Knight!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused:

10. The Dark Knight

:D Thanks!

Me Before the Season:
    [​IMG]
    Me after the Dolphins Game:
    [​IMG]

nycarl, JeTsInTexas, PabloJa and 11 others like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I hated the Gase hire from the very first day (never hated any head coaching hire from day 1 before). I thought that I was wrong when they took a 16-0 lead in Week 1 against the Bills. The subsequent 17 unanswered points, however, cemented my opinion of Gase. You gotta be really "special" to have a classic Same Old Jets collapse in your very first game as Jets head coach. He should have never been hired.

13. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

You're still right more often than Macc and the Johnsons, so you have that going for you!!

unfortunately i too am infected with optimism for the franchise. I'll keep the light on for you in case you change your mind back, e.g., after our next win (when the board will declare us playoff bound or trending up for next year) :)

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

On paper it looked like we should have improved this season. We upgraded certain positions and have an overall fairly easy schedule. I was optomistic also. I think a lot of us were. I don't mind the sunnysiders - especially early in the season. Without hope what have we got? We have most of the season to darkside. And now we are there.

Injuries, worse than expected o-line, and a coach who doesn't know how to gameplan (or develop a QB) has drug us down to new lows. Your a good poster DK and if we agree or not - I'm glad you're around.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I did not want to be the one that told U so but since no one else seems to have the guts I will be the one to say told U so. In future it would be most wise to allow the NYJs to 1st prove them self B4 jumping on a bandwagon to the dregs of the NFL. That way if they actually perform as a true contender then your posts would be worth something. Now they are valueless & probably will continue so long as the kings of the baby powder continue to own the team :mad:

Ralebird and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Here here TDK, I’m with ya. I couldn’t imagine a scenario where we are 1-7 and Sam is floundering. I thought for sure Gase’s Miami problems were personnel related. What a horrible season.

NCJetsfan, Noam, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AAHAHA No worries Dark..is not the road to Hell paved with with good intentions??

Kidding aside I was psyched for a 10 win -if Bowles Could Do it Gase Can Do it Season for us!

Well as Hardy said to Stan Laurel "here another mess you got me into" (you POS Adam Gase)

The owners are not on same same level of Maras Rooney and even Kraft who have some pride in the Product they give to fans and show they care

For J & J its all about "no expectations for playoffs " (or anything else) as long as their venture is profitable

Trick is to Call these Con Owners bluff and NOT attend

When the Jets start losing revenue they might Sell and take their Billion dollars appreciation and run

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TDK you are a class act and a great poster. No need to apologize it is the Johnsons who should apologize to TGG and every Jet fan , hell they should refund money ! Just remember no matter how bad the New York Jets organization is or gets you always have your Washington Capitals !

NCJetsfan, K'OB and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay, you are almost more stubborn than Brook as I tried to tell you guys but you both rarely listen to me LOL. Chin up brother as you still have hunting season and Snowstorms to look forward to.

dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  20. The Dark Knight

You did, champ. Great call! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Thanks! Yep, it is mind blowing. I was pretty sure it would not be that way too, but here we are!
    Haha, thank you! Very true. Last night they won 4-2 with the World Champion Nats in the house too. So that was fun to watch after the debacle in Miami! :)

CBG likes this.