Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Why was it a dumb? most teams would've expected a run in that situation. he was trying to catch the opponent off guard

what was bad was (a) the OL again being a seive putting Darnold under durress) and (b) Sam not throwing it away sooner or eating it. (I mean if one of the guys was wide open and he tried that lame thing maybe different thought)

there are a ton of owners who know nothing about football. I would put Kraft in that category

Having said that, one would like to think the owner at least knows the difference between a functional and dysfunctional franchise and has some sense to figure that out.

Chris and Woody should've hired someone like Coughlin as head of FB operations. At the moment they're hoping JD saves them, I think -- asking a lot

NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep! That would've been a HUGE improvement. Or hiring Mike Holmgren in that capacity.

It may be asking too much of Douglas, but he certainly can do a better job than the Johnsons.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Since Chris Johnson has got his head stuck in the sand and aside from having metlife become dominated by Giants fans, I figured I'd drop the link here for the gofundme.

If Chris Johnson isn't going to own up and take action, then we as fans have to embarrass him for him to get the point.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fireadamgase

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think we should go all in on Harbaugh. Fire Douglas and Gase and give him the keys to the whole enchilada.

Yorkshire Jet likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

I'm leery of trusting Harbaugh after seeing what he's done at Michigan. Yes, I know,its college not the pros, and he did well in the pros, but giving him total control is a bridge too far I think. Besides, I believe Douglas has the knowledge, both of football and how to develop a winning team because of his tenure with winning organizations, that I'd like to see what he can do. I'd be happy with Harbaugh as HC though.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Douglas is completely unproven, seems like a nice guy but he was hired by the Johnsons so that's a strike against him. I don't think Harbuagh would come here without a monster contract and full control. Both a huge plus. He also won't be in a recruiting competition in the NFL.

7. chandler

Conspiracy theories need to be started somewhere. But let's go back to the Macc hiring. he was touted by Casserly. Same guy with awful hairdo who was acting like a jerk in this past draft for players who wanted no part in his "consulting services"

I wonder whether Casserly wasn't touting Macc as an early client based on some consulting fees paid to Cass from Macc?

How the hell could the Johnson's trust someone with Cass's hairdo. Instantly, you know something isn't right

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Good idea. Looking at the raiders giving Gruden a huge deal and control (really). They have young talented players and are competitive. That is what we need. Not Joe Douglas fault, but we need a winner to come and take over everything. Gase is just not that. Gase might be Offensive Co at Denver next year or something, but he is not head coach material. Go get a proven winner.

9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Hang on, Gase is still employed? Wow, just wow.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not trying to knock you but please don’t say “get a proven winner” put a name out. It’s easy to say stuff like that but honestly who is available that you think turns this around? serious question

Acad23 likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can accept that gase will last the season. I don’t think the CJ has it in him to fire him mid season.
    I will not accept him being back next year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's 45-16 at Michigan heading for his 4th 10 win season in 5 years. He's 44-19-1 as a professional head coach.

I'd hardly see him as a failure as a coach in either capacity.

I will gladly drive the bus to go get him.

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

14. chandler

All of these HC candidates are available for a reason. In some cases, the guy used to be a winner, but then the league adapted and he had no more juice; in others the guy is unproven and you don't know if it will translate (e.g., Chip Kelly versus Kingsbury thus far)

Different sport but check how many proven winners the Knicks have had. A who's who of proven winners. You need an entire organization of winners down to the training staff etc

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

The sad part is that no legit candidates want to coach here--Harbaugh, Matt Campbell, David Shaw didn't even want to interview.

Right now we are not an attractive landing spot. Unless we ridiculously overpay players, free agents don't even come here. Sometimes that doesnt even work...Anthony Barr.

I think this is what makes it really hard for us to ever really get ti right. Unless you get complete new ownership that revitalizes the fan base and the perception of the NYJ brand, it's going to be a tough stretch unless Joe Douglas is elite (hope he is)

16. ColoradoContrails

TBF, W/L records in college are not the same as the pros. All the "powerhouses" have patsies on their schedules which inflates win totals. But when you look at his record against strong teams he hasn't got it done at Michigan.

I'm not saying I'm absolutely against giving him the keys to the team, but I have some reservations.

17. ColoradoContrails

If the Chiefs don't win the SB, maybe Reid could be lured away? Long shot, but you never know. He might like to be the Pres. of Football Ops at this point in his career.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah Reid has won ZERO in the NFL that is the reason to him in KC or on the unemployment line :mad:

Biggs likes this.
  19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Our only hope is Joe Douglas. Everything he says is right. We'll see in March and February. If he is who they say he is. If we fire Gase (hopefully our prayers are answered) he'll attract the right guy. If he is not who he is then we'll be the same as we were for the last ten years. A sinking ship. The next 8 games will not be fun. Maybe a win or two. Our only way in January is to go up. Fingers crossed it's true.

NCJetsfan, CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They were 38-26 the previous 5 seasons before him. The 49ers were a disaster under Singletary before he got there and he also revived Alex Smith and turned Colin Kaepernick into a dynamic SB starting quarterback.

He's a great coach. I don't think we'll get him but he does nothing but win everywhere he goes.