Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I think you are still giving him WAY too much credit. I know this isn't a playoff team, and never was, but there is certainly enough talent on this team that they should not look anywhere near this inept. This screams that Gase's schemes don't work and he has no fucking clue how to coach his players through that, or make corrections to his approach to improve the effectiveness. The players look to the coaches for answers when things aren't working. Gase and company have no answers. He has lost the locker room. I don't care what they say publicly, that was not the play of a team that still believes. Those guys have checked out.

Fire his fraud ass now and give the team to Williams for the remainder of the year. Can't get any worse. Might get better.

PabloJa, NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  2. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

It's 13.30 here now so I'm going to presume when I log in here in four hours time having finished work that he will have been fired. Get it done Chris and move on quickly

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. And the right guard (albeit a veteran) turns around and yells at a bewildered Darnold and they both still looked confused. The amount of offensive disorganization is incredible. The missed assignments along the line is scary. Position scramble or not.

ColoradoContrails and Jets81 like this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Christopher Johnson has to put the keys to this franchise in the hands of Joe Douglas. Not that I’m convinced that he’s all that he was cracked up to be but he just signed a 6 year contract and is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

He needs to be scouting HC candidates right now and for the rest of the year. I want him to pick the HC with the best leadership qualities, I don’t care if he has an offensive background or defensive but he damn well better have impeccable leadership qualities.

The next HC has to be the HC of both the offense & defense. I’m sick of the Rex Ryans that don’t care about the O or the Adam Gase that doesn’t care about the D.

In Joe Douglas I trust! Because I have no choice.

PabloJa, NCJetsfan, jixxjr and 4 others like this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

With the caveat he does this after he (Johnson) fires Gase, can't really put Douglas in the position to fire the guy who got him this job in the first place.

Andy_M and Attackett like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Was this posted here yet or did you guys hear this yet = Gase was asked " on that botched snap that led to a safety did you ask Sam what happened when he came to the sidelines " and Gase said and I am dead serious that this was this ass clowns reply to the question = " that was not the time or place to discuss that " = ARE YOU EFFING kidding me ????? Why is Gase still employed ?????

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm glad Winters yelled at Darnold. It was Darnold's fault

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I mean it might've been. Darnold certainly didn't react well. He had more time on the play clock which lead me to think he said on the second kick. But I don't think we'll ever really know.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

If I am Douglas and I am reading any of the news today, Gase is gone by this afternoon.

The Jets are being painted as a circus and the joke of the NFL.

There is NO POINT in keeping Gase here right now. He is clearly not the answer now and not in the future. Just cut your losses now

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Last year we won 4 games but we almost won another 5 or 6. We blew big leads against good teams like TN, Hou and GB. We were a competitive team that was better than its record. This year's team is much more talented and does not compete. I don't want to say Bowles and Bates are good coaches but they did a lot more with a lot less.

I think there is no chance we fire Gase and from all indications it seems unlikely even after the season.

Every week I say this has to be rock bottom. Now, i am quite confident that we cannot play worse. I can't believe we lost to a team that was trying to go 0 and 16. Things have to get better. Don't they?

All I really hope for the rest of the season is to see Sam shake off some of his PTSD and start playing with some confidence and improve on his decision making under stress. Something to build on for next year.

MoWilkBeast and stinkyB like this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think that's it. Christoper Johnson needs to understand the Gase hire was a clear swing and a miss. You can begin the attempt to fix this mess right now at our halfway point. It's extremely valid to fire him.

Sadly, I don't believe he understands and we'll be stuck with Gase all season. Hey, at least our jerseys are "bad ass".

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

I think the most telling thing on that play was the fact that none of the Jets went all out to try and get that ball back. This team is totally deflated and I think it’s obvious that they’ve quit on Gase.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

JD isn't going to do that, this was Chris Johnson's mess, and he needs to step in and clean it up

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Beki

Beki Active Member

Guys...JD cannot fire Gase, he doesn't simply have the power to do that. He reports to CJ, just like Gase. ONLY CJ can fire Gase.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My buddy just texted me the same thing he said not one Jet went after that lose ball,,,,I know Darnold did a good job of watching it

16. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas was well respected by everyone around the league. He was a getting a job after this season regardless. It's not like Douglas owes Gase. This is Joe Douglas's team more than it is Gase at this point. If Douglas wants to move on, he moves on.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Douglas is on a 6 year deal. CJ will consult Douglas. If Douglas wants Gase gone, he'll be gone.

Beki likes this.
  19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

And I’m sure Douglas doesn’t want to bitch his wagon to Gase’s Star ... he does have his reputation to think of , after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

As it should be. If Johnson is involved in any decisions regarding football it's the wrong decision.