Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

You will never find a more hills of West Virginia, moonshine making, 1 toothed, banjo playing, tobacco chewin', squeal like a pig name in the NFL than Jim Bob Cooter. I wonder which family reunion he met his wife at.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

It is clear Gase is not a scheme guru, a good game planner, a teacher, nor a leader of men. Bad. Hire. Move. On...

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Shawn Jefferson looks like he'd scare players into playing hard for him.

[​IMG]

I can't imagine a team has ever hired a coordinator off the street mid season. Promote the COOTER.

https://fansided.com/2015/10/26/jim-bob-cooter-woman-window-underwear/

He climbed into a random women's bedroom window, took his pants off and got into bed with her. And quite frankly, it's about time we have someone with big ol balls whose willing to take what he wants.

PulseJet likes this.
  4. Andy Slater (@AndySlater) Tweeted:
    SLATER SCOOP: Adam Gase was told by a Jets executive before game that he would be fired if they lost, sources who heard the comment tell me.

The exchange happened shortly after another member of Jets front office was taken by ambulance to hospital complaining of chest pains.

jilozzo likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh...if it were true.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

I can't tell if this guy is legit or trolling. 19K followers isn't enough to really have a scoop like that. And why is he posting from Medellin, Colombia?

Who went to the hospital??

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

who the heck is Andy Slater ?

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think he's joking, but this team is so ridiculous you never know.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this got posted yet but :D

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's a dumb question.

Of course it does.

He had to ask?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I try my best to stay stoic but I don't understand how or why anyone would want to make excuses for Gase at this point.

We see competent coaches deal with adversity and make necessary adjustments on a weekly basis. Today we lost to an organization that does not want to win football games this year.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

guy’s location says Columbia which means he was probably hacked. I’d love for it to be true (the Gase part) but I just can’t imagine it is.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Frankly, the franchise QB is more important than anyone in Florham Park.

The Jets must take all necessary measures to protect Sam.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Look ..some guys are just not cut out to be HC's in NFL

Give Gase some $ and send him looking fir a job as Quarteback Coach or something

Only a Johnson could be conned into another bad hire...Chris and Woody have that Loser magnet don't they?

McCarthy had a winning record , SB and Playoff experience ...but why hire him when Gase is there not demanding some control/decision making ..just a meal ticket and all his expenses paid for 10 years going forward with some guaranteed $

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I totally agree with your first point, that's why I prefaced my post with I hate the idea of doing it. I don't agree that it means removing Douglas as well. However, your comment about players fitting is the big one for me. We are constantly changing systems on O and the personnel signed, drafted or given extensions under one regime suddenly find themselves marginalised and Ill suited under another. The team is always papering over cracks like this. We need some stability so we can sign players who work in the system we use rather than trying to fit players into the system. That doesn't mean we can't remove the coach but that we need someone in charge who has an overall vision for the team and get the right coaches for that.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What team would even want to hire this schmuck as a QB Coach and want him anywhere near their QB?

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol ..Christoophus put him right in control of whole Team...this will be a Telling week for Owners and Management . Do they continue to let Fanbase suffer?? And don't forget Coaches like Bowles get jobs afterwards..desperate Teams look for experience and ask advice from the good ole boy Network of excoaches/players

In Atl where they are unhappy with Quinn and losing, at least Arthur Blanc acknowledged " how he feels for the Fans"

Johnsons>>>heads in the sand?

As I've eposted 100xs won't go to a Jets game or buy gear till things change

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't think there's much doubt in my mind that Gase puts together a good game plan. It's evident as we come out slinging and have literally run the perfect opening drive two weeks in a row.

What's troubling is that the team just falls apart after that. And there are no adjustments made to the adjustments that the opposing team makes.

The offensive line is horrible. Sam is playing bad. The defense is in shambles but can't be blamed entirely with the state of the LB Corp. The discouraging thing is that while the corners are bad, the entire secondary has been healthy all year and they're still blowing assignments.

All together, this really isn't all on Gase. He should take his fair share of the blame, sure. And he is responsible for yesterday's loss almost in its entirety due to the circumstances of the Dolphins tank. I don't know whether he's a better coach than he's shown or not. But I just simply do not think he's the right guy for this job. Especially given the horrible start and the rocky road we've went down with some of the players.

I think a Gase firing becomes less about Gase and more about going out and getting a big time coach who can change this entire culture; McCarthy, Harbaugh, etc. Gase isn't a culture changer and he doesn't appear to adapt well to his players skillsets. This entire organization needs a strong personality that can change the losing mindset.

That only comes from a proven winner.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd check in this morning to see how many were still on the Gase bandwagon.......

wash, rinse,repeat......

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The players have quit on Gase. When the center snapped the ball over Darnold's head, no one... including Darnold... tried to run back in the endzone to get the ball and avoid a dolphins touchdown. NO ONE.