Never felt this in 50 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I am about to turn 64 years old, I was 12 when the Jets won the Super Bowl, I remember a couple of classmates paying me a quarter each when I bet them the Jets would win.
    After being aware and a fan since around 1964 I can for the first time saying I just don’t care anymore.
    I’m not bitching, shaking my head during a game, calling the coach a idiot, throwing a fit during a Rex Ryan post game press conference saying Mark gives us our best chance to win after losing 6-3 a couple of weeks in a row.
    I sit in front of my TV totally numb and not caring, all this while living around a ton of Giant Fans which has been a headache since 1986.
    Just no reason to care.

rockyusmc2003, jgjet, Jetaho and 20 others like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The worst thing for a team isn't angry fans, it's apathetic fans. Angry fans still end up watching the games and supporting the team, the apathetic ones just don't give a shit. As this team continues to suck it will develop more and more fans who just don't fucking care.

jetstopgun, FlaJet, K'OB and 7 others like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

My Pops said the EXACT same thing to me earlier today. He just doesn’t care anymore. Puts no emotion into the team, just sits there and watches.

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Great post

ive literally been saying this for years

apathy kills everything

marriages, families, jobs, life, sports teams

ask the Expos

Man I love seeing people starting to wake up

Woke Jet fans!!!!

WJF

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Remember years ago when there was that weird story where the police found this guy dead in his apartment but no one reported him missing for over a year? Turns out he died sitting in a chair waitching TV in his living room and he sat there like that with the TV on until he was discovered. That'll be me with this team. I can picture myself sitting there in a JetsT-shirt, skeletonized, gripping the armrests in a final throe of agita. Talk about being riveted to your seat. Oh, and just be a good son and poke your Dad every once in a while. I hate the Jets.

nyjetsmets89, nycarl, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My family and friends are absolutely astonished that I gave up my season tickets and that I have lost interest in games. My friends who still go to games practically beg me to try and make it to a game or 2 but I have zero interest. Any old time season ticket holder will tell you how we used to look forward to getting the ticket invoice and seeing the schedule but no more those days are dead and buried. for decades ( over 3 decades ) my fall Sundays revolved around Jet games and I could pretty much count on 1 hand how many games I actually missed , family functions were scheduled around Jet games to avoid conflicts and now I could care less about going to a game. I think the best thing for the organization is if the Johnsons who do not have a clue would just sell the team and I would hope that the team and organization one day would finally get straightened out but to be as honest as I can----> I could care less if the Johnsons not only sold the team but it would not bother me a bit if they moved to another state <------------this was an unimaginable thought years ago and now it is more of a wish.

#6 CBG, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

Whoever is stupid enough to pay one fucking dime to these mutant owners to see this mutant team you deserve it.

8. Witz55

Witz55 Member

I’m 62 years old, and also remember that eventful day in January 1969. Numb is a good summation of the years since then rooting for the Jets and finally becoming a season ticket holder and now a PSL holder when they moved to giants stadium. We’ve had 3 home playoff games in these 34 years, yes only 3 home playoff games! This franchise is cursed and no matter how you slice it, and no matter how many times you say there’s always next year, you keep getting brought back to Jet reality......a letdown. I’ve gone from the angry stage to apathetic stage and now the numb stage as the years roll by. Still get disgusted with every loss, but now only hoping that I can see another Super Bowl victory by the Jets before I am 6 feet under.

AJW, papapump and Brook! like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that.

I already scratched that off my list... :confused:

Andy_M, Witz55, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I started rooting for the Titans, and continued when they became the Jets. When they won the SB I was 17 and I was certain that I had most of my life to look forward to rooting for a winning team. Ah, the folly of youth!

Now it's 57 years after I became a fan, and this is probably the worst I've felt. Not only are we staring at yet ANOTHER rebuild, but I'm at an age where I might well not live to see the fruits of it (assuming it's successful - a huge assumption).

It's just not worth it.

Acad23, IIMeanDeanII, nycarl and 6 others like this.
  11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Angry is going to turn into apathetic quickly if Gase gets another year here.

NYJFOREVER and FlaJet like this.
  12. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Right there with ya. Started mid season last year and has carried on into this year. I don’t care if I watch a game or not. I’d rather do other things and I’ll just check the score afterwards. When I see they shit the bed again I just shake my head and laugh. Doesn’t even bother me at all anymore. I used to plan things around the games and if they lost a close one or got blown out I’d be upset and annoyed for a few days after every time. Not caring at all feels wonderful.

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Been apathetic for a while now. I mainly get my enjoyment on Sunday from watching the ineptitude and then reading the often humorous comments in the game threads about how bad these bums are.

I watch less and less NFL football on Sundays each year and could see myself, within the next 10 years or so, cutting it out almost completely.

Andy_M, MJK and FlaJet like this.
  14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Surprising how many of us old farts there are on this board. I’m 51 and I’m definitely losing hope on seeing a Jets championship in my lifetime. At this point , I’d settle for a competitive team that makes the playoffs every few years. The teams they’ve put on the field the last 10 years have ranged from underachieving choke artists to talentless, unwatchable doormats. Yeah, this is pretty close to the worst it’s been in my long history with this team.

AJW, nycarl, MoWilkBeast and 4 others like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep, I hear ya Chrisuiue ..I've got a couple of years on you so I was in HS when Namath and Jets got famous

My goal is to take care of my health and make sure I have fun keeping busy (I still work ) and plays with family

The Team is sooo depressing and poorly run...gotta separate from it

FlaJet likes this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Haven't watched a damn game. There's just no point. Games aren't on most weeks in South Jersey and I got more important stuff to do than spend my hard earned money watching a team with shit tier ownership ruin this franchise.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's amazing that 2000-2010 is the most successful era of Jets football by far. 6 playoff berths in ten years. And we were all still complaining about the bubbling idiots of coaches we had.

What I would do to have the Herm Edwards years back. Doug Brien-kneel-field goal game in Pittsburgh aside.

Witz55 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

If youre posting on this board, youre not apathetic. You might be heading in that direction, which is where I put myself at 47 years old, but you aint there yet

19. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The fact that games like today still carve a piece out of my soul tells me that I’m not completely done with this team just yet. I really wish I could say otherwise.

20. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I envy you, both because I WISH I could just completely check out and not feel so bummed out or angry when they lose -- and feel like such a chump for still rooting for them, and because you're old enough to have at least seen them win it all.

mrjet80 likes this.