Wow... this team is bad all across the board.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

They were trying but they have nothing of value to trade.

2. GreenInTheBowl

He's in desperation mode on nearly every snap. Agree that he's made some horrible decisions, but he's also a young, inexperienced QB just trying to make plays out there. He can never get comfortable, or in any kind of groove behind this historically bad offensive line. Not to mention he was rushed back from the mono thing.

We're literally ruining any potential that this kid had. Put him on about 80% of the other teams in the league and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Could very well be wrong in the long run, but let's draft another QB in the top 5 and see how he does behind this O-line

Pepsiguy5, NYJFOREVER and SOJAZ like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Unless you're going to keep and use the 1st round pick - maybe even the #1 pick - there's no sense in drafting a QB. They need to trade down and acquire capital and use it to rebuild the OL and find an edge rusher.

Pepsiguy5, dmw, FJF and 3 others like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

All true but you can't ignore his lack of footwork and a brain.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Maybe trade for Josh Rosen?

. .Guy's riding the pines behind a near 40 year old journeyman, should be able to get him cheap.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

That’s very debateable. Being a young inexperienced Qb doesn’t give him a free pass for some of the bonehead mistakes. Some of the mechanical mistakes are a major cause for concern. Even the best of OLines are going to face pressure from time to time and Sam literally crumbles at the first sign of it. Sam had these same issues at USC so it’s habit we are seeing and sometimes those are hard to break.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's becoming more apparent that Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield aren't Marino, Elway and Kelly.

Bellys Lies, kevda5n9ne and jets_fan like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not even sure if they're up to the level of Young, Leinart, and Cutler.

9. GreenInTheBowl

You can work on your progressions and footwork in practice all day until the cows come home.. but all goes to shit come gameday, when there are three pass rushers in your face before you can take a breath. Whenever he's had time to throw he's looked outstanding at times.

People are seriously overlooking how bad this Offensive line actually is. Bottom line is we have a top five RB in the league who hasn't even sniffed a 100 yard game through 9 weeks of play.

Pepsiguy5, chandler, dmw and 5 others like this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You know its funny how everyone is ripping Sam for playing badly when we all recognize this OL is historically bad coupled with terrible schemes and PCing. Believe me I am not absolving him of any of the INTS or arsine plays but I'll ask all you experts to compare how he played 2018 last 4 games and the Dallas game. He has been sacked repeatedly since the NE game a
    nd/or hit just about every time he is back there.
    Like any QB who gets "pummeled" he has lost confidence in the schemes, OL blocking and frankly is lacking confidence himself.

None of us envisioned a playoff team - well maybe some did - before the season but IMHO this team has totally regressed... how can you make a Todd B coached team look good? The answer is let AG coach the team. .

I believe and have believed that AG was a bad choice because of his W-L record and how his teams played using his schemes. Christ - sorry God - even the B-team announces today stated how the Miami team started well and slowing and inevitably became bad under his tutelage. If they do not fire him asap then I feel SAM may never recover.... just my 2cents.

chandler, FJF, GreenInTheBowl and 2 others like this.
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think it will tell us anything until we see him play behind a line which is at least semi-capable of blocking

FJF likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets are bad? Who knew?

13. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

More like Jake Locker, Christian Ponder with the highest MAYBE being Andy Dalton

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am still expecting the mighty Jets to lift the Lombardi trophy at the end of this season.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Want to throw up a little?

In the last 18 games, the Jets are 2-16

Pepsiguy5 and Acad23 like this.
  16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It was so similar to last week - fantastic start where you think - hey maybe its all finally clicking and coming together - then just a slow slide into abject awfulness with a comedy of errors that only the Jets seem capable of

teamgreen likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He is being coached by Adam Gase...widley regarded as the worst coach in the entire NFL.But Christopher"Im a complete inept fucking idiot"Johnson thinks he looks good in suit so who gives a shit.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Im not sure where youre coming from but you arent going to find a single sane person that is going to say the Oline isnt bad because it is. However, good QBs have a way of masking bad OLines and making them look "not as bad" but too many people are just using this as an excuse for Sam. The same people made similar excuses for Sanchez when he had terrible games. Sam has the ability to help with calling out audibles, help with shifting Oline protection, being on the same page with hot routes when he sees too many rushers coming and not enough blockers. These entire breakdowns arent just on the Oline. The Oline, the scheme, and the QB all take blame for this. Its a collective effort. This team hasn't been on the same page the entire year and its pretty baffling how we see time and time again the same garbage. What in the heck do these guys do in practice? If Sam can just learn to let a play die and throw it away or take a sack when youre in FG range when a play breaks down, it would be a world of help. He has turned it over multiple times and costing his team points every single game since he came back from mono. I know he loves to make plays but sometimes, he just has to learn the play is over and live to fight another day.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

As like many I enjoy stats (and the NFL is a game made for stats) I was taking a look at the O-line stats and, before this week where we will likely see a drop in rankings).

- Football outsiders
    - Jets O-line is ranked 31 in run blocking (Cinn are 32)
    - Jets Oline is ranked 31 in pass protection (Tenn are 32)

When you combine the two the Jets have by some margin the worst rated line (no other team is in the bottom 5 in both categories)

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sam is not a good QB right now, but that doesn't mean he can't be. Sanchez didn't possess anywhere near Darnold's ability. The only thing they had in common was their alma mater. Sam is still basically a rookie, and has has received the worst coaching in the NFL. That he can do ANYTHING is a miracle. I'm not saying he isn't making bad decisions and mistakes, but there's a reason for that, and it's not because he lacks talent or ability.

Get rid of the "QB Whisperer".

SOJAZ likes this.